facial cleanser?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
So I'm really new to skin care and all this. I've never used a facial cleanser or any face product other than make up and Queen Helene exfoliating scrub which I might break out a couple times a year. Oh yeah, I dealt with cystic acne in college for a while (the occasional lone volcano on my face every three or four months) so I had to get a rx for a topical but other than that, I have never used anything on my face. I just wash my face with the same soap I use to wash...my ass :oops:

So I just bought an Olay Pro X cleansing brush and I don't have anything to use on it. I'm 41 and my face is starting to drop a little but I don't have wrinkles. Oily T zone, normal elsewhere. The occasional pimple but no acne "problems."

I don't care if it is natural or not or where I have to buy it. It doesn't have to be supermarket-cheap. I just think I'm supposed to be doing something w/ my skin now, right?

(xposting to 40 section)

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    Not 40 yet, but late 30s. I've been using Paula's Choice for about 8 months or so, and my skin has never looked better. I get compliments all the time. I started off by ordering a bunch of samples to see what worked and what didn't work.
    ETA: my skin is combination, primarily oily, and still prone to some breakouts. My skin is also somewhat sensitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • amy51373amy51373 Registered Users Posts: 1,205 Curl Connoisseur
    I switched to the oil cleansing method and my skin has never felt or looked better. My coworkers freak out when they find out I'm 41 and often say I look like I'm in my 30's. Any more if I use anything else to wash my face, I wake up with a small pimple forming...
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • jennilovesjenniloves Registered Users Posts: 12 Curl Neophyte
    Chanel Gel Pureté
    Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
    Juara Rice Facial Cleanser
  • sarahisarahi Registered Users Posts: 55
    I second using oil to cleanse the face. I like using coconut to wash my face.
    3A/3B - Fine - Medium Density
    Porosity ~ Medium/High
    Shampoo-SMJBCO
    Cowash-As I Am Coconut Co-wash
    LOC: KCKT-Almond Oil-Devacurl Styling Cream-KCCC
    Hair length - APL
    Short term goal: BSL
    Long term goal:Waist Length
  • Karina1987Karina1987 Registered Users Posts: 28 Curl Neophyte
    As for me, I use natural remedies for skin care. As I am 29 I need to prevent the appearance of wrinkles since this age already. I like the coconut and olive oils for everyday use. Caring about your skin, you need to think not only about the products which are recommended to be used externally but to think what is going on inside your body as this is directly connected with your skin. Try to sleep more not to get wrinkles earlier than you will have,
    Would you like to know how to care about your skin with natural products? Read about skin care philosophy here https://ambrossimo.com/skin_care-for_beautiful_skin/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file