curl chemist

rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,356 Curl Connoisseur
when will there be more articles from tonya mckay?
i love her articles, am constantly referring to them for myself and others, on the board and in my personal life.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: curl junkie 
sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Comments

• atx_eveatx_eve Registered Users Posts: 278 Administrator
    Ah good question! I'll mention it to the editors to check in with Tonya. Is there any ingredient in particular you've been thinking about?
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,356 Curl Connoisseur
    thanks so much for replying!
    nothing specific at this moment, but i know in the past tonya would sometimes post in the general forum for any topics members would want more info on. maybe you or she can post again?
    i'll also be thinking. :-)

• Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Curl Connoisseur
    The last request for topic ideas from her was back in 2013. I don't think more than a fraction of the requests have been covered. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/164747-curl-chemist-topic-ideas.html

Like rbb, I read and re-read Tonya's articles and refer back to them often. I've missed seeing articles from her, as I find them better researched and more precise than many other author's articles here.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    hi eve -- just wondering if there is any response? thanks!

bump
    ?????????

• BoingBoingBoingBoingBoingBoing Registered Users Posts: 22
    Ms rbb:

I have several questions for you, if you don't mind.

1. My hair resembles yours, but a shorter version. It has darkened some since growing back, so is less silvery then yours now. How did you categorize your hair? How do I figure out the different parameters for my particular hair? I read the section of the main site that explains the different parameters, but I don't know how to translate it to my hair.

2. I've been randomly reading forum posts and they are so over my head chemistry-wise that I'm lost. The scientific articles you mentioned sound like they could be helpful to me, but I can't find them on the main site. Can you point them out, please?

3. So much curly jargon and a whole new way of looking at hair (for me) - is there a super simple beginner article or section of the site? I mean super simple - words of one syllable or less! .^_^. Before my hair became curly in November, I used whatever shampoo my husband bought, used a Frizz Ease conditioner (without much success), and whatever leave-in conditioner was on sale. When my hair was long and thick (& barely wavy), I could only thoroughly comb it with a wide-toothed comb or pick in the shower after I put in the conditioner. So, you can see that I was totally clueless to begin with and even more so now that I have curls to contend with.

Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thank you!
    Boing... -- this is not the right thread/forum for all your questions, no one will really see it. try putting it in the General Discussion About Curly Hair forum, you will get more help there. i can give you a few quick tips --

-- read all the threads in the Newbie forum, so much info.
    -- here's the link for the curl chemist, tonya mkcay:
    Tonya McKay | NaturallyCurly.com
    -- read The Curly Girl book, by lorraine massey, 2009 edition. you can download it, get it on amazon, barnes & noble, and the public library. almost all of us here have read it. it is the first thing i read and what got me started on the curly girl method.

• BoingBoingBoingBoingBoingBoing Registered Users Posts: 22
    rbb wrote: »
    . . .-- here's the link for the curl chemist, tonya mkcay:Tonya McKay | NaturallyCurly.com . . .

Thank you so much for the link to the science articles .^_^.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file