What To Do In San Diego, CA?

LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
Jim & I will be there from the 13th thru the 15th. We've been to Sea World. Any other places of interests or things to do? We're not museum, historical tour people. We wanted to go on a cruise there, but from what I read they are only done in the Summer. My daughter did the dinner cruise, which they will have for Valentine's Day, but she said the food sucked. I would appreciate any suggestions.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    I went to the Gas Light district and we played sexy stranger :-)
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    Ahhhhhh I live in San Diego :)

There is Balboa Park, Old Town, lots of breweries (if you're into beer), Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Island Prime/C Level (steakhouse with BEAUTIFUL views of the downtown skyline), Seaport Village, Belmont Park, Coronado Island, Sunset Cliffs...

most of that stuff is either on or near the beach.

Enjoy!
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Thank you, ladies. So much to choose from. Scrills, I think Jim would love your idea. :tongue1:

I found out this evening that my roommate lived there for about a year. He had to fly out of town for the weekend & will sit down with me next week & go over things to do with me. He did mention Coronado Island. I would love to find a places to eat that overlooks the ocean.

We are so excited to get away & San Diego is so beautiful. CatitudeBoo, you are so lucky to live there.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    Definitely visit the zoo, Coronado Island, and have a night out in the Gaslamp District. The only thing that underwhelmed me a little was Old Town because it felt like a tourist trap. The focus was on shopping but the novelties offered weren't that novel for the most part.

It didn't work out during my visit but everyone here in Northern California had recommended going to La Jolla for the sheer beauty of the area/the beaches.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
    Thanks Sew and Sew.

We went to La Jolla last time we were there. Had lunch. It is very beautiful. I'm really loving these suggestions. Since we will be there for Valentine's Day, I'd love to find a restaurant for dinner. Everything may be booked by now.
    From Michael Berg:

Jim called a little while ago & I asked him about a restaurant we ate at last time we were there. We really liked it & enjoyed walking around the area. He told me it was the Gas Light District. We decided to do that again. When we were there it was warmer & we ate outside which we both enjoy, but doubt if we can do that in the evening now. There was also a Pier we went to that we enjoyed & had lunch over the water. The food was really good. He remembers where it is, so we are planning on that too. We like to try new things, but we enjoyed these enough to do them again. The Zoo will be new for him & I haven't been there in many years.
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file