CurlTalk

Does eye shape effect how eyeliner styles look?

VoluminousGirlyVoluminousGirly Posts: 219Registered Users
Like wing or something. I want to do an eyeliner style but idk if I should try it because of my eye shape
Sing with Barney tune:
Frizz loves me
I hate frizz
It sticks to me
like a kid
with some creams
and some gel
and then nothing does the trick
Please help me
My curly friends.
:afro:

Comments

• anonymous_153995anonymous_153995 Posts: 271Banned Users
    What is your eye shape? And yeah I think it would make a difference of course but dont let that stop you from experimenting with different liner styles. goodluck!

Also if you are a MAC user and use their select cover up concealers do you know any drug store brand dupes? thanks!
  • VoluminousGirlyVoluminousGirly Posts: 219Registered Users
    I have almond eyes. If you use eyeliner would you mind telling me what style you do?

And sorry, I'm not a MAC user! :(
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1422134092.885483.jpg

Sorry for the amount of tired in my eyes :P

Also now that I look at it, mine is probably round. My eyes look different in the mirror in my room
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Try searching google under the image tab with searches like 'eyeliner shape chart.' So many different illustrations will come up that way. Here's some basic guides:

eye-liner-101.jpg

146158-650x900-eye-shapes-makeup.gif

And here's a youtube video with some tips. HTH!

eta: Here's one on how to lift droopy eyes with 'the ultimate cat eye.'
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
    noodly wrote: »
    You have beautiful dark glowing eyes but noooo way its round. Round eyes are...roundish. You have indeed almond eyes but they're also in a slanted position and your eyelid looks thin in that picture. Technically you could pull of everything even thicker lines(not emo thick but 60s eyeliner thick). Nice eyes! I have to be careful with eyeliner even though I also have almond eyes but mine are in a droopy position :/ it doesnt help that my eyelid's pretty thin so all the factors together makes me unable to pull of thick eyeliner without looking sick! You're lucky!

Aw, thanks!
    How thin do you put on your eyeliner then? I have tried putting it on thick but it looks weird because I accidentally end up covering my whole eyelid.
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    Try searching google under the image tab with searches like 'eyeliner shape chart.' So many different illustrations will come up that way. Here's some basic guides:

eye-liner-101.jpg

146158-650x900-eye-shapes-makeup.gif

And here's a youtube video with some tips. HTH!

eta: Here's one on how to lift droopy eyes with 'the ultimate cat eye.'

Thanks! I'll have to look at that later
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    noodly wrote: »
    Ah I guess we're in the same boat then. I thought since your eyes arent droopy you can pull off everything. I guess thin eyelids could be a "problem" too for achieving the perfect eyeliner for your eyeshape. I just put it on with liquid eyeliner or thin angled brush....like this: (although when I want a heavier look I'll make it slightly thicker. Her eyelids have enough space for thicker eyeliner btw so it looks subtle on her but on me thats plenty!)

Okay thank you!
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
  • EdithSewardEdithSeward Posts: 4Registered Users
    That's quite a new info for me
  • GlamourCurlsGlamourCurls Posts: 194Registered Users
    Banafrit wrote: »
    What is your eye shape? And yeah I think it would make a difference of course but dont let that stop you from experimenting with different liner styles. goodluck!

Also if you are a MAC user and use their select cover up concealers do you know any drug store brand dupes? thanks!

Try the dupe list on the temptalia website
    Fine 3B/C curls.
    Currently growing out damage caused by straightening and coloring.
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    I love eyeliner on other people. I can't seem to get it right on my own eyes. One eye always looks good and the other one looks stupid. It's like the lid won't "take" the liner. You know how sometimes if you are painting something the paint just won't adhere to the surface sometimes? That's my right eye. I'm considering getting an eye patch.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Almond shaped eyes are regarded (always to my knowledge) as the ideal eye shape. So I would think most eye beats would look good on them. Play around w/ your technique. And some of these eyeliner markers are no-fail.

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If anyone has tips for eye make up and epicanthic folds it would be awesome. That is what really messes me up. You can't do eye make up like all the tutorials show. And there are approximately 2 vids on it on youtube but I KNOW there are a lot of people who have the same difficulty but think they are the only ones.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    We need TNB!!

You have already been given some helpful links so I say play! If you do not like the look of a thicker line, then stick with a tight/thin line and play with your wing. You could do a small flick, see what lenght of a wing looks best, make your wing or flick a little thicker and decrease the size of the line as you go to the inner corner. Have fun with it until you find what you like.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]