January Hits, Misses, & Goals

adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I thought we could combine hit, miss, and new year goals.
:)
Hit
Lace Naturals More Moisture Cream
Lace Naturals Brahmi Root Hair Masque
Lace Naturals Rhassoul and Bentonite Clay poo bar.

I bought on of her products at a hair show and ordered just that after. Was I missing out. My hair loves this stuff and plays nice with my Ecostyler. But closed till March for maternity leave.

Miss
SM Hibiscus conditioner
I have never liked anything in Hibiscus so not surprised but since it was given had to try.

My goal is to better protect my ends from ssks and splits. I want to do less trimming because I have to and more because I want to like for shape.

Goal is to finally master rollersets and bantu knot outs. I have seen some yt videos with new techniques that may work for me. I think doing it on wet ha hair was way wrong for my hair.
Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Comments

• ParatyParaty Posts: 394Registered Users
    Hit:
    • Elucence MBC
    Using it from Fall to Winter and having it work consistently without needing to switch. I think I have found a true Winter HG for my low-porosity, protein sensitive hair.
    • Natures Gate Vitamin E Oil Blend
    I add it to every leave-in, conditioner, shampoo, styler I am applying on my hair. My hair has never looked shinier, healthier or felt softer. I also use it on my face at night and my complexion and Winter dry patches are softer and more even. Love. :love4:
    • Giovanni DLI to quench and soften my dry, brittle roots (caused by a clarifying shampoo :confused3: )
    • Indian Ghee as a deep conditioner/pre-poo. Model Liya Kebede mentioned she uses it on her hair when she visits salons in Ethiopia. It worked! My hair was pliable and moisturized.

Miss:
    • Kenra Chelating Shampoo
    My HG clarifier once a month or when I flat-iron my hair. I had not used it for two months and this time it left my roots + scalp dryyyyyyyyyy and itchy. That explains my constant struggle with dry roots for almost six years before switching to CON Argan shampoo.
    • Sally's GVP
    My HG Deep Conditioner is a FAIL this Winter because of the humectants. Leaves my hair frizzy in dry weather. I am back to my CJ Rehab (for Winter) and my hair is smoother.
    Goals:
    Balance: Sticking to new simplified routine and spending less time on hair, while still enjoying time grooming hair and keeping it healthy.
    Hair • Wellness • Style Blog

Routine: Cleanse Kenra Clarifying, Deep Co with Matrix Biolage Balm + oil (EVOO, avocado, KCPP or Wild Growth oil),:glasses1:Style with Matrix Biolage Balm + KCPP; or Aloe water + KCPP + KCCC; or CR Almond Jai + styler (KCCC, KCPP or Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Treluxe combo (Treluxe UK leave-in, KCPP, Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Eco gel alone (Argan or Olive). Avoiding Buildup with low glycerin, coconut, shea, honey, non-keratin protein.
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Miss:

Ouidad Spray Gel

did nothing.
  • Raquel28Raquel28 Posts: 46Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hits: Nothing new
    Misses: Neglecting my hair

Goals: Style my hair more. Try new products. Get back into a consistent hair routine.
  • AwakenedDesiresAwakenedDesires Posts: 88Registered Users
    Miss:
    France Luxe Large Interlocking Combs

I was hoping that these would be able to act as a banana clip, but there was so little space between the tines that the combs could only hold a miniscule amount of my hair at a time. Why can't someone make a banana clip that will hold all my hair? :?
    4a/3c
    Last relaxer: 8/23/06
    BC: 10/24/07

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file