Rate This Look. Cycle 3 #5 (Golden Globes Edition)

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
At the request of a friend......
"You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht. Your hat strategically dipped below one eye" and then we rated this look! The scale is 0-10 and 10 is highest. Comments encouraged.

kate-hudson-290.jpg

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    Is that a rolling lint brush in her hand?
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • TRBLTRBL Registered Users Posts: 5,294 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^ bwahahaha, I didn't even notice the purse!

I'm still trying to formulate my thoughts on the outfit.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Without the slits, LOVE the dress!

The slits make her look trashy.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I don't usually like extreme skin revealing clothes on the red carpet but I give this an 8 because it fits her so perfectly and looks great on her. I like the severe hair, minimal jewelry, not over-done makeup. I only deduct a couple points for the color, simply because I dislike white clothes.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Could her stylist not iron the bottom of her dress? Don't like the dress, at all. Makeup makes her look older. I agree with others on the purse. I guess I would rate this a 3. Only to be nice.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    Yay!!

I will give this one an 8 as well. Cut outs seemed pretty popular om the red carpet and this dress had the best fit of all. I think the slits are a bit excessive for an awards show but he looks beautiful in it.

I cracked up listening to people talk about her clutch. She apparently has a baton to beat people down with ;)
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    Dear Gawd, did anyone see Keria K's Chanel. Eeeeee. That was not good. I think Emma Stones pant suit with beaded tube top was my favorite and I neber thought tube top and favorite would be in the same sentence.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur
    I'll give the look an 8 from the neck down, and only because I saw video of her wearing the dress. She really looked flawless in it. From the neck up, I have to agree that the makeup or something is making her look old and severe. Needs SOMETHING, I don't know what to soften her look.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    Golden-Globes-2015-Kate-Hudson-s-White-Versace-Is-Copy-of-Liz-Hurley-s-Safety-Pin-Dress.jpg

Maybe she looks older because she IS getting older? (And aren't we all?). The makeup looks normal to me.

The dress is not my cup of tea, but the fit is perfect. I'll give it a 7.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Dedachan wrote: »
    Golden-Globes-2015-Kate-Hudson-s-White-Versace-Is-Copy-of-Liz-Hurley-s-Safety-Pin-Dress.jpg

Maybe she looks older because she IS getting older? (And aren't we all?). The makeup looks normal to me.

The dress is not my cup of tea, but the fit is perfect. I'll give it a 7.

Wow!

I think the dress looks cheap and tacky. But it does fit her well and she always looks good in white. She has a cute body and I like the basic hair (she has great, naturally curly hair). Was hoping maybe she had just earned her college degree. LOL

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Who is that? I think she looks great in the dress. The slits are a little excessive so I'll give it a 7. I think her makeup is fine; she just isn't very striking with her hair pulled back, not that her face looks bad; it just isn't unique.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Kate Hudson, Melanie Griffiths daughter...I think!!

Everything is very downplayed besides the dress, I think she would have looked better with really dramatic eye make up.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    You mean Goldie Hawn's daughter. I guess she doesn't have the best genes for aging. I still think she looks nice but I totally didn't recognize her face or her body. When did she get those curves?! Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    That's the one!
    Audrey Hepburn
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    It's a crazy sobering thing when Kate Hudson looks "older". I remember when Goldie was pregnant with her!

It looks like the abdominal slits are not actually showing skin, but rather illusion? Tacky. I'm not a fan of the deep plunge, but she (and Goldie!) always seem to be able to get away with that, with their small perky busts. The mermaid hemline is very attractive, I think. And she looks lovely in white. The hair is too severe though. The makeup looks like she did it herself. If not, she needs to fire the makeup artist.

Overall, I give her an 8. She looks beautiful, despite the small flaws.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file