bedding

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
How many bedding sets do you have at a given time? Why/when do you rotate them (and does the rotating cause visual disharmony in your bedroom)?

Do you use mismatched pieces?

If you have only one set (or just one winter and one summer set), when do you decide to scrap it and replace?

How do you select a bedding set (just based on looks or something else)?

Comments

• scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    I have one set that I keep all year. I have multiple sets of the same exact sheets (found some like I liked at Steinmart). If I switch things out, it's a total re-do of my entire bedrroom, including curtains. The bedding is a set, but I didn't use all the the pieces. I swamped them out for more color and a more bohemian look. I can add and remove pieces here and there, but I really like what I eneded up with. I think I posted pictures here.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    scrills wrote: »
    I have one set that I keep all year. I have multiple sets of the same exact sheets (found some like I liked at Steinmart). If I switch things out, it's a total re-do of my entire bedrroom, including curtains. The bedding is a set, but I didn't use all the the pieces. I swamped them out for more color and a more bohemian look. I can add and remove pieces here and there, but I really like what I eneded up with. I think I posted pictures here.

bump?

What tells you it's time to switch out/overhaul?
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    Boredom
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    I have a winter and summer that does not require a complete redecorate. Actually, I use thinner quits/blankets in the summer and have several. A solid white Vera Wang blanket with an abstract design done in white thread, quilts with several different colors, neutral blankets... My bedroom walls are blue with beige and bamboo light fixtures and beige curtains and the guest room is a light green with a light wood and white ceiling fan. The winter spread for my room is a thick beige cover with giant white embroidered flowers. I usually layer quilts in the guest room. The white VW with a bright quilt, etc. I keep it bright and happy in there.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    I am looking for a new chair for my room. One of the light fixtures is an upside down umbrella hanging light. I like to keep a chair under it and books close by but mine is about worn out. I'd like to do something different and maybe go with a butter yellow bedding.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I always have 3 sets of sheets minimum, sometimes 4.
    Fleece for winter, jersey for spring and fall, sateen for summer.
    I keep the same bedspread, pillow shams, bed skirt all year long, but I do get bored and buy new bedding every few years.
    I choose my bedding based on looks, colors, weight (I prefer a heavy bedspread or comforter).
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    We have 3 sets that we use all year long. One on the bed, one in the laundry, and one spare -- all rotated. We use a lot of pillows so we mix/match pillowcases as needed to keep them all covered. I don't care that they don't match exactly.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file