Flat Iron Kiosks...

Lady_CreoleLady_Creole Posts: 400Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Last week I went to the mall in my area. As I was "window shopping", I passed a kiosk which had flat irons on display. The sales rep asked if I wanted to try one of the flat irons, I smiled, and said...

"No, I did this on purpose"...LOL!!! And kept walking...[turning a negative to a positive].

She smiled and yelled at me ...Well, your hair looks beautiful!!!

I just laughed...
My hair is "exotic, beautiful and free",,,yeah, that be ME!!!
3B/C - Easy to straighten, [no heat ever/no protect. styling].

Low Porosity/Medium Density
Mid Width/BSL-stretched/
BC - 12/2012

I am a "Co-Wash/Finger Comb Lady!
Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
Co-wash - Tresemme Naturals
Hydration - SM CH
Curl & Style Milk
LOC - Organic Coconut Oil
Styler - SM CH Curl Smoothie
Deep Cond. - SM Yucca & Plantain Masque

Comments

• CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ugh, I don't like those flat-iron vultures. Ironically, they don't try to straighten my hair but I have resting *****face so people tend not to talk to me in public LOL.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• miaecookmiaecook Posts: 3Registered Users
    oh my god. I was in the mall in middle school (I really hated my hair back then) and a lady at a flat iron kiosk asked me if she could straighten my hair for me to see if I liked it, and I was like yeah sure why not. She straightened half of it, then said that she'd straighten the rest if I bought it!
    I had to walk around with half straightened hair for the rest of the day till I could wash it!
  • RaenboughRaenbough Posts: 22Registered Users
    miaecook wrote: »
    oh my god. I was in the mall in middle school (I really hated my hair back then) and a lady at a flat iron kiosk asked me if she could straighten my hair for me to see if I liked it, and I was like yeah sure why not. She straightened half of it, then said that she'd straighten the rest if I bought it!
    I had to walk around with half straightened hair for the rest of the day till I could wash it!

OMG that is awful! Wow.
  • CurlyMan82CurlyMan82 Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So many kiosks in the mall now. Hair straightening, ear piercing...I think somebody told me some places do keratin treatments at kiosks. It's only a matter of time before I'll be able to go to the vasectomy kiosk and get my tubes tied :laughing8:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file