I forgot how to care for short hair

ultracurlzultracurlz Posts: 213Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So, Igot my hair cut real short a couple months back after growing it out and keeping it long for about four years. It's getting long enough that I actually have to do something with it now, but I don't know what that something is.

The products I used when it was long are too heavy for it now so it just frizzes up and looks dull. Even the light conditioners left my head itchy and sometimes dandruff so I had to to wash my head more often, which left my hair dry. The only thing I can think of is to use an oil (rn tea tree oil cause it smells the best) instead of a conditioner to moisturize (I put it on soaked hair), but since I have two diff. textures mixed in it has this weird effect of half fluffy and half longer clumped bits all over. I don't like it.

you prob can't tell from my pic but the texture is a mix of courser 4a and softer 3c mixed evenly throughout so it has a bit of a scruffy look regardless of what I do XD I don't mind a bit of scruffiness but now it's just out of control.

I want definition but I don't know what to use. I can't use a thick gel cause it'll weigh what little hair I have down and build up fast. I think my hair is fine? And sometimes it feels too...soft? Even when it's dry. It's odd and I don't know how to explain. I feel like that means it needs protein but I don't know enough to say for sure.

I was thinking Kccc cause that worked well before, but my hair has never been this short so I dunno. I have never really liked using gel either. I don't like how crunchy it feels.

I really don't want to waste what little spare cash I have on random products that won't help and will just grow mold under the sink (my tub of ecostyler gel did that once. Ew) So, any suggestions?
3C/4A mix (Seriously it's all over the place)
Hair is kinda fine and kinda thick.
Super short, I'd like definition but styling products don't like me

Profile pic taken the February 2015
Chopped off (was shoulder length) November 2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file