I straightened my hair today

ttoosdayttoosday Posts: 509Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
So I couldn't stop myself. It was a combination of a few things, I think. First I was off work for two weeks over Christmas and new years and completely wrecked my early morning wake up schedule. I got a good trim over the holiday as well, getting a bit of the damaged ends off. When I showered for work on Monday, half asleep, I think I forgot to rinse out my deep conditioner. Or if I did, I didn't rinse very well.
Anyways Monday and Tuesday I had a gunky feeling in my hair. Today, I cowashed as usual but for some reason, I don't even know why, I rinsed upside down. Well that was a huge mistake cuz then my hair was all plastered going upwards when I was squeeze drying. In an attempt to finger place my clumps back in place, all the wave got pulled out every where so I just decided to do a full finger comb out all over, and pulled it all pretty straight. Then I diffused on medium heat and low setting, and pulled it straight as it dried. The next thing I know, I'm gently flatironing on a way lower heat.
This is the first straightening I've done in over 2 months. And I like it better straight, but oh well, I'm giving cg a try so I keep on trying.
Anyway, one thing I've remembered by having straight hair is that I need slip!! Really bad! I can tell my ends are getting roughed up where they land on my shoulders today.
I found that the products I use have all three of my needs: emollients, humectant, and cationic conditioners. But, what product is the BEST for huge amounts of slip??
CG since 11/2014
Mostly 2B, but ranges A-C front to back and root to tip
Low density, very coarse, high porosity
Collarbone length, gray dyed brown, dry and rough
Typical LEG routine could be any combination of:
Lo poo: Shea Moisture brand shampoo, Ion Hard Water Shampoo
Cowash: As I Am Coc Cowash
RO: GVP CB, Aussie Mega Moist, Not Your Mothers Gardenia
Leave In: As I Am LI, KCKT, or Not Your Mothers Gardenia
Enhancer: Camille Rose Curl Maker
Deep condition: SM Deep Treat Mask
Protein: Hask Keratin
Styler: Curl Keeper Original, Ouidad Climate Control gel, LA Looks gel

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    "Best product" is completely relative to each person. Also, wavies, particularly weak wavies, cannot always co wash. Or at least not every time. It's just a fact. Consider a poo like Kinky Curly Come Clean or As I Am clarifying shampoo or even just diluted plain old Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, every other wash. Even if you go back to straightening it's at least another helpful step in not stripping your hair.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • ttoosdayttoosday Posts: 509Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I will say this, my hair was much softer than I remember from earlier in the year when I was straightening daily. I think the wave pattern itself causes a rough feel because obviously, the hairs are going back and forth and not straight down, so there will be some level of friction between my fingers and the hairs as I run my hands over the top of my curls feeling for softness. But when it was straight, oh boy did it feel different than usual and much softer than it used to be.
    CG since 11/2014
    Mostly 2B, but ranges A-C front to back and root to tip
    Low density, very coarse, high porosity
    Collarbone length, gray dyed brown, dry and rough
    Typical LEG routine could be any combination of:
    Lo poo: Shea Moisture brand shampoo, Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Cowash: As I Am Coc Cowash
    RO: GVP CB, Aussie Mega Moist, Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Leave In: As I Am LI, KCKT, or Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Enhancer: Camille Rose Curl Maker
    Deep condition: SM Deep Treat Mask
    Protein: Hask Keratin