HELP: Protein-Free Shampoos and Leave-ins?

lalagurllalagurl Posts: 4Registered Users
Hey guys!

I'm about one-year post big chop and I think I have protein sensitive hair because it feels dry and rough to the touch. Currently these are the products I use:

Shampoo
Creme of Nature Moisture and Shine

Conditioner
Creme of Nature Deep Conditioner

Leave-in
Cantu Shea Butter
Creme of Nature Butterlicious Curls

Oil
EVOO

I'm looking for protein-free products. Currently though, these are the products I'm looking into purchasing:

Shampoo
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioner
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner

Leave-in
Giovanni Leave-in

Does anyone have any suggestions of possible products I can use/try and particularly shampoos and leave-ins? There are tons of info out there about which deep conditioners to use but there is limited info regarding which shampoos/leave-in are protein free.

Thank you so much! :)

Comments

• shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    I would suggest trying Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in conditioner. It is protein free and has natural ingredients. It is moisturizing and has awesome slip. You can find it at Target over by where the Carol's Daughter products are in the hair aisle. It is kind of pricey...about $11 to $12 for an 8 oz. bottle, but for me it is worth it. Its been the only protein free leave in that I can find that works.

The Giovanni leave in is moisturizing too, but be careful with it because it has a protein in it I believe.

I don't have any suggestions for shampoos, I've been on the hunt for a good protein free shampoo as well.
  • hayyalleehayyallee Posts: 13Registered Users
    lalagurl wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I'm about one-year post big chop and I think I have protein sensitive hair because it feels dry and rough to the touch. Currently these are the products I use:

Shampoo
    Creme of Nature Moisture and Shine

Conditioner
    Creme of Nature Deep Conditioner

Leave-in
    Cantu Shea Butter
    Creme of Nature Butterlicious Curls

Oil
    EVOO

I'm looking for protein-free products. Currently though, these are the products I'm looking into purchasing:

Shampoo
    Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioner
    Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner

Leave-in
    Giovanni Leave-in

Does anyone have any suggestions of possible products I can use/try and particularly shampoos and leave-ins? There are tons of info out there about which deep conditioners to use but there is limited info regarding which shampoos/leave-in are protein free.

Thank you so much! :)

I have low porosity, protein sensitive hair and the Creme of Nature line made my hair feel so hard and brittle. The Leave-in that you want to buy, the Giovanni one, was horrible for my hair. I hated it the second I put it on, I was so disappointed. It made my hair feel terrible. I didn't realize it had protein in it before I bought it. Definitely stay away from that leave-in.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Curl Junkie Argan & Olive Oil conditioner, Sevi Pumpkin Seed conditioner, Jessicurl Too Shea, Yes to Blueberries conditioner, Yes to Cucumbers shampoo, Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights