Former 3a looking for Wavy tips!

EviBEviB Posts: 1Registered Users
I need help! I'm a former 3a/3b medium density curly girl who is now a 2b/2c low density, medium porosity, on the fine side of medium width, wavy girl. I had a baby, and my hair texture changed!

What products and styling tips do you lovely wavies have for hair that, even when wavy, will stick to my head. Too heavy a gel will weigh all the life out of it, but not enough gel will make it fluffy and frizzy. Right now when I try to wear it wavy, I use Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls. It looks good in the morning, but loses it's hold by the evening. I have little experience with a curling iron, but I'm willing to learn as long as it doesn't take too much time.

It's gotten so bad that I've resorted to wearing my hair straight most of the time (still have to flat iron it, can't just blow dry) and I don't like wearing my hair straight (I kind of let the curly become part of my identity in high school).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    Clip to get root volume.

Volumax Mega gives nice volume too, and will hold your waves in place.

Jelly stylers can often provide the most "spring" to your hair.

Plopping, diffusing and the smaster's method can help to get the most curl back into your hair.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    EviB wrote: »
    I need help! I'm a former 3a/3b medium density curly girl who is now a 2b/2c low density, medium porosity, on the fine side of medium width, wavy girl. I had a baby, and my hair texture changed!

What products and styling tips do you lovely wavies have for hair that, even when wavy, will stick to my head. Too heavy a gel will weigh all the life out of it, but not enough gel will make it fluffy and frizzy. Right now when I try to wear it wavy, I use Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls. It looks good in the morning, but loses it's hold by the evening. I have little experience with a curling iron, but I'm willing to learn as long as it doesn't take too much time.

It's gotten so bad that I've resorted to wearing my hair straight most of the time (still have to flat iron it, can't just blow dry) and I don't like wearing my hair straight (I kind of let the curly become part of my identity in high school).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Probably you need a stronger gel over the MJ product. Or possibly add a mousse. Techniques aren't all that different. Another thought is try the LOC method. It works really well for wavies too. Use a leave in, then a little light oil to seal it and your MJ Jelly Soft over that. Most of us would still need a harder gel over that, but I would try it first. You may just be missing a sealing step.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file