Tresemme Perfectly Undone

WavycatWavycat Posts: 325Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I just found out about this by a coupon in the paper. It's not available in my area yet . This I know becuz I had to kill 1/2 hour and what better way then to read ingredient labels in the hair care aisle. The ingredients seem ok to me but I could use a second opinion. Has anyone tried this or is it too new?

Ingredients

Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Macrocystis Pyrifera ExtractKelp , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance , Dipropylene Glycol , Lactic Acid , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone
SE PA
2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
Citric acid rinse or vinegar
RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
Love most oils but can't use CO in winter

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wavycat wrote: »
    I just found out about this by a coupon in the paper. It's not available in my area yet . This I know becuz I had to kill 1/2 hour and what better way then to read ingredient labels in the hair care aisle. The ingredients seem ok to me but I could use a second opinion. Has anyone tried this or is it too new?

Ingredients

Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Macrocystis Pyrifera ExtractKelp , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance , Dipropylene Glycol , Lactic Acid , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

Looks pretty nice and simple. Never seen it.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    Weird. Don't see it online either.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • WavycatWavycat Posts: 325Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I found it at Walgreens.com. I'm pretty sure that with the coupon I'll try it. Looks like its for wavy hair.
    SE PA
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    OMG there's a mousse. You know what a mousse searcher I am.
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Posts: 477Registered Users
    Looks like it's in stock close to me, but I'll probably pass on it - I will bet anything that the sea kelp extract makes me break out :(
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
    Mousse... I know. My plan is to try the conditioner and if I like it I'll try the mousse next. Even though I'm very happy with Condition 3-in1 purple can and Volumax. I have 2 coupons and a very loud PJ voice telling me to just get both. Well first I have to find it.
    Spiral ham...bummer... It's the sea kelp that I'm interested in.
    SE PA
    I know... Lots of botanical extracts and oils break me out (^%@#*&;$* marshmallow root - it is the worst!). I worked too hard to get my skin nice to mess it up with hair products LOL

Volumax Mega is my go to, as well. Right now nothing will hold a curl in my current dewpoints, it's time for a haircut! Embracing the winter waviness :) And hats.

:thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • tangledmassofcurlstangledmassofcurls Posts: 22Registered Users
    I had absolutely no business picking up this condish knowing full well that I can't navigate my 2nd bedroom because it's filled with wall-to-wall hair products. Like that was really gonna stop me.

3c, struggle with (naturally) high porosity. I saw this for $4.58 in Walmart and since I'm jumping on the silicone-free bandwagon for the umpteenth time, I just had to cop it. I clarified with Kinky-Curly's Come Clean Shampoo (strips the living crap outta my hair) to get a real feel for the performance of the conditioner. First impressions: Slip is more than decent, and I definitely like the scent waaaaaaaaay better than the Tresemme Naturals conditioner-- I could not stand the scent of that stuff, and I'm in no way sensitive to smells--but that junk had me wanting to gag. Anyway, the Perfectly Undone condish does have a strong scent too, but it's more of an ocean breeze-type smell.

I used it as a rinse out and leave- in. As a rinse out, it provided good slip, coated the hair shaft evenly, and it seemed to do a good job of sealing my cuticles, which I struggle with. Upon rinsing I got that coveted "seaweed" feeling, which is almost non-existent when I use a silicone-free condish--I practically own stock in knots and tangles.

As a leave-in, it didn't disappoint either. Being extremely oily and acne-prone, I avoided leaving in as much as I normally would. I'd say I used a half-dollar sized glob, trying to focus on the ends. To give you an idea of how dry and tangled my hair is, it's well past BSL, but shrinks to my ears if I let it air dry--sooo frustrating. But this condish did a good job. I added more water from a spray bottle (I have to shingle products to get every strand covered and to avoid more knots), and the condish spread nicely as opposed to becoming diluted to the extent it was ineffective. I had to use up my Curls Goddess gel (purchased from Target), which I didn't previously like because it left my hair drier than the Sahara. However, this condish has changed all that, and I think I'll pick up some more of the gel. The conditioner balanced the gel perfectly, and it's got the perfect amount of softness, yet it's still encased in the "cast" that's so necessary to keep me from looking like the swamp thing after it stuck its finger in a socket.

It's frigid in Rochester, NY, which makes air drying a no-go. I diffused the roots on warm-- and blow dried the rest, stretching the length when it was about 75% dry. Dare I say that this condish even seemed to protect my strands from getting scorched. My strands are soooo shiny between the gel and the condish-- I like the look better than when I use KCCC. I can def say this is a repurchase-- the conditioner itself has good holding properties--no flakes, gunk, or junk. Lemme find out Tresemme is stepping up their silicone-free game, lol.
    3c Mass of tangles (I'm serious)
    Trying my best to avoid silicones
    High porosity
    Nice review!!
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You make me want to try this Tangledmassofcurls! I'm almost out of my last bottle of old formula Renpure Argan conditioner, and wanting something silicone free and moisturizing to replace it in my routine. While I like my VO5 Strawberries for light moisture, I definitely need something on hand for when that isn't enough.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    Thanks for the review, tangledmass!

If you're acne prone too, be sure to give us a long term update if you start to break out (or not). I'm always curious to know how other acne prone gals react to different ingredients.

Awesome review. Bummer my Wal-mart didn't have it yet and I didn't get a chance to check anyplace else. Will definately be trying this soon. It's funny you mention CURLS gel. My hair loves their Creme Brule and Lavish Refresher. I spray the refresher on at nite and pineapple and I've been getting 3-4 day hair. I do a ridiculous amt of conditioner with conditioner-only styling. You made me very excited to try this!
    SE PA
    chupie wrote: »
    Nice review!!
    Thanks for the love, Chupie-- right back at ya <3
    High porosity
    @Geek_Chick, I'm a shameless product junkie and pusher (insert taunting voice here): "You know you wanna tryyyyy it," lol. And LOVE me some VO5 Strawberries! I have 10 bottles stashed, I just wish it were a bit more moisturizing.

@SpiralHam, I was sure to thoroughly wash my face before bed, and I upped my use of glycolic acid just in case (chemical exfoliation seems to deter breakouts for me-- I used 14% instead of my usual 10%)

@Wavycat, I sooo envy you. I fell in love with the smell of the Crème Brule and the Lavish Curls moisturizer--but alas, my strands cannot tolerate the glycerin :( On the other hand, I see you're high porosity as well. You may like the cuticle-calming/laying effect this conditioner seemed to have.

Okay, so I went to work today with the condish still in my hair, but a completely dry head of hair. NO flaking, NO stiffness. Shine for days, but that could've been the Curls Goddess gel, and yup-- I did, in fact, get more of the Curls gel from Target just like a shameless fiend would. Did the conditioner cure Ebola? Nope. But I can definitely see this as a staple in my routine. Bottom line: if you crave more moisture for your strands, but (like me) find that there's a very fine line between moisturized and greasy-- you may wanna check this one out! Perfect winter condish that may help you stretch those more expensive items like Knot Today, Pumpkin Seed Moisturizer, Honey Dew, etc. No oils, no silicones, and easy to control coverage simply by varying the amount used. Fine haired curlies could even cut this with some aloe... and omg, the possibilities are just endless. Sigh...
    High porosity
  • Cristy_amkCristy_amk Posts: 171Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have a coupon for this line and am thinking I'd like to take the plunge and try it! I'm kind of tired of spending money on new products but when the price is reasonable it's indulgent without busting my budget!
    I wish I saw this somewhere on the ground.
  • Cristy_amkCristy_amk Posts: 171Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got the Sea Salt Spray! Kind of price at $6.78 (darn I forgot my coupon!). Anyway, I still have to experiment and try it.
    I have a problem with forgetting coupons too. In my case I'm not sure that I don't secretly do it on purpose so I can go back and get another product. That's PJ behavior for sure. HELP!! Wave HI if you see me on Hoarders.
    SE PA
    Haven't found it yet.
    Just wanted to let everyone know CVS has these on sale this week 2/$10 (normally $5.79). My CVS only had the matching shampoo, but I was able to get a raincheck. Also, if you like Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, it's 2/$10 as well.
    CG since 11/2011

Go To Products /Routine:
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
  • lakeside_glasslakeside_glass Posts: 7Registered Users
    Geek_Chic wrote: »
    Just wanted to let everyone know CVS has these on sale this week 2/$10 (normally $5.79). My CVS only had the matching shampoo, but I was able to get a raincheck. Also, if you like Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, it's 2/$10 as well.

I found the Tresemme Perfectly Undone at Meijer in Michigan - picked up some of the sea salt spray. I'm new to CG and this is my first go-round with it, but so far, so good.
    Oh dear. Was at Walgreens today. I got the condish and foam. pJs rejoice.
    I had absolutely no business picking up this condish knowing full well that I can't navigate my 2nd bedroom because it's filled with wall-to-wall hair products. Like that was really gonna stop me.

3c, struggle with (naturally) high porosity. I saw this for $4.58 in Walmart and since I'm jumping on the silicone-free bandwagon for the umpteenth time, I just had to cop it. I clarified with Kinky-Curly's Come Clean Shampoo (strips the living crap outta my hair) to get a real feel for the performance of the conditioner. First impressions: Slip is more than decent, and I definitely like the scent waaaaaaaaay better than the Tresemme Naturals conditioner-- I could not stand the scent of that stuff, and I'm in no way sensitive to smells--but that junk had me wanting to gag. Anyway, the Perfectly Undone condish does have a strong scent too, but it's more of an ocean breeze-type smell.

I used it as a rinse out and leave- in. As a rinse out, it provided good slip, coated the hair shaft evenly, and it seemed to do a good job of sealing my cuticles, which I struggle with. Upon rinsing I got that coveted "seaweed" feeling, which is almost non-existent when I use a silicone-free condish--I practically own stock in knots and tangles.

As a leave-in, it didn't disappoint either. Being extremely oily and acne-prone, I avoided leaving in as much as I normally would. I'd say I used a half-dollar sized glob, trying to focus on the ends. To give you an idea of how dry and tangled my hair is, it's well past BSL, but shrinks to my ears if I let it air dry--sooo frustrating. But this condish did a good job. I added more water from a spray bottle (I have to shingle products to get every strand covered and to avoid more knots), and the condish spread nicely as opposed to becoming diluted to the extent it was ineffective. I had to use up my Curls Goddess gel (purchased from Target), which I didn't previously like because it left my hair drier than the Sahara. However, this condish has changed all that, and I think I'll pick up some more of the gel. The conditioner balanced the gel perfectly, and it's got the perfect amount of softness, yet it's still encased in the "cast" that's so necessary to keep me from looking like the swamp thing after it stuck its finger in a socket.

It's frigid in Rochester, NY, which makes air drying a no-go. I diffused the roots on warm-- and blow dried the rest, stretching the length when it was about 75% dry. Dare I say that this condish even seemed to protect my strands from getting scorched. My strands are soooo shiny between the gel and the condish-- I like the look better than when I use KCCC. I can def say this is a repurchase-- the conditioner itself has good holding properties--no flakes, gunk, or junk. Lemme find out Tresemme is stepping up their silicone-free game, lol.

I second everything you said here. NICE NICE NICE conditioner.
  • greytmommygreytmommy Posts: 125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    so excited to see this review! I saw this in the store last week, and I was planning on picking this up to try today (I am in need of more condish and curling mousse).

I also have naturally highly porous hair, but it can get weighed down easily. I will try to remember to report back!
    CG since 6/2012

Hair type: 2a/2b, normal/high porosity, fine, normal density
    Lo: Organix Coconut water shampoo
    Co: Suave Naturals, V05 kiwi lime
    RO: Loreal Total Care
    LI: KCKT, V05
    Style: AIA Curling Jelly, KCCC, Noodle head curling mouse, LALSG, AG Re:Coil
    Methods: icequeen, scrunch n pump, smathers, diffusing

Currently dealing with learning how to style shorter wavy hair...
  • CinderellyCinderelly Posts: 16Registered Users
    Looking forward to more reviews on this stuff--I'm in the market for another conditioner besides my VO5 Kiwis (new/returning to CG and still accumulating products) and I've been thinking of getting the Tresemme Naturals, but now I'm looking at this stuff. For those of you that have tried both, which would you recommend for a good moisturizing RO? (Maybe icequeen as well.) I have thin, fine hair with lazy 2a waves that I'm hoping will perk up to 2b eventually with better care.
    2a/b, fine, low density, normal porosity(??). Getting back into CG-mod after a few years away. :laughing8:

Shampoo: Herbal Essences Naked Moisturizing
    Condish: VO5 Kiwis, a little Garnier Fructis Pure Clean
    Styler: HETT mousse, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel

Apparently hair loves protein and easily gets over-moisturized. Trying to wrangle out a routine that works. :P
    I would definitely choose this.
  • CinderellyCinderelly Posts: 16Registered Users
    Interesting! I'll look for coupons--we have the whole collection at a bunch of different stores here. Thanks for the opinion.
    2a/b, fine, low density, normal porosity(??). Getting back into CG-mod after a few years away. :laughing8:

Shampoo: Herbal Essences Naked Moisturizing
    Condish: VO5 Kiwis, a little Garnier Fructis Pure Clean
    Styler: HETT mousse, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel

Apparently hair loves protein and easily gets over-moisturized. Trying to wrangle out a routine that works. :P
    Ok I cannot find a gel in this line?
    chupie wrote: »
    Ok I cannot find a gel in this line?

Don't think there is one. Just shampoo, conditioner, mousse, and hair spray.
    CG since 11/2011

Go To Products /Routine:
    No I know some wavies who got the gel. Perfectly unDone Dry Gelee. It's so weird. They found it on the ground but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file