Male needs advice

CoachCoach Registered Users Posts: 2
Hello everyone
I am a male that has decided to grow out my hair again after 12 years. The last time i grew out my hair it was a mix of 3c/4a. I would like to know if any of you was starting from scratch .25 inch how would you do it?

At about 2 inches my hair always starts to get very dry at the ends, I always thought it was because of the hair jells I use to hold the curl. So far from a little reading on my hair type it looks like I would do well by not shampooing my hair everyday as I do now.

Please tell me if I have the right idea??
1. Co=wash with a clarifying conditioner
2. Moisturize (I have no idea)
3. Seal with an oil
4. Light leave in conditioner

1a. Shampoo once a week and use a deep conditioner

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    Yep.

You need to experiment as no one way is correct for everyone. Your hair needs will also change as your hair gets longer.

You can use a thicker rinse out conditioner after co-washing or you may not need one.

You may need to wash your hair more than once a week if you are active and may also need to use a sulphate free shampoo.

You can either use a leave-in conditioner, oil and then a styling product such as a curl cream or water soluble gel or use the oil first, leave-in conditioner than styler. When your hair is short just a styler would be enough but once it gets longer you have to experiment to see what works.
  • CoachCoach Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file