protein conditioner/ treatment recs (pics)

princess_08princess_08 Posts: 59Registered Users
I just had my hair cut and am ready to dye my white hairs again I want to buy a protein rich conditioner/treatment and was wondering if Aphogee 2 min reconstructer would be ok for my hair or any you would recommend, I live in UK

Some pics MakeupAlley Login

Comments

• lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've never used the 2 minute reconstructor but I've used the aphogee 2 step treatment. It was ok, but I only used it the one time. I posted a review for it in the product review section if you search for it- I think it was back in March 2014 when I did the review. It was ok, but I still like gelatin protein treatments using unflavored gelatin (hydrolyzed collagen). Unflavored gelatin may or may not be a problem in the UK, I can't remember. I do remember that a lot of European curlies can only get gelatin sheets, not the powdered gelatin like I get here in the U.S. which can throw a wrench into the gameplan. My initial experimentation was from www.science-yhairblog.com gelatin recipe, or just google iagirl's protein treatment, which will lead you to the blog/recipe.

Good luck, and I hope you find something!
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I really like IAGirl's gelatin protein treatment (and you can make it however you want). And I would also highly recommend Curl Junkie Repair Me!. Repair Me! is what whipped my hair back into decent shape in about 3 months.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • princess_08princess_08 Posts: 59Registered Users
    Thanks both of you, I will look at that treatment as another member recommended it to
  • princess_08princess_08 Posts: 59Registered Users
    sixelamy wrote: »
    I really like IAGirl's gelatin protein treatment (and you can make it however you want). And I would also highly recommend Curl Junkie Repair Me!. Repair Me! is what whipped my hair back into decent shape in about 3 months.

I wanted to try the curl junkie one but they have stopped selling them in UK for some reason :-/
  • 30isthenewblack30isthenewblack Posts: 49Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use Evo Mane Prescription Protein which was recommended to me by my hairdresser. It really strengthens my hair. It was constantly breaking before I used this product and felt very fragile.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file