had my haircut...... angry!

princess_08princess_08 Registered Users Posts: 59
So yesterday I went and decided to cut my hair as it was very long and unhealthy ...... basically it is now bob length and more wavy, I'm so annoyed as I told the hairdresser not to take that much of and I've lost my ringlets curls ...i know it will grow back quick but I was disgusted that the lady asked me if I wanted it straightened and I said no she still did it and didnt have a diffuser in sight ...she also kept asking me if I straightened my hair like having curly hair was a disease that needed to be cured ....I can imagine how low confidence other curly haired girls must feel dealing with comments like this an no wonder so many straighten their hair

I feel like I have no hair

This hairdresser certainly didn't get a tip of me

Comments

• princess_08princess_08 Registered Users Posts: 59
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,358 Curl Connoisseur
    i can sympathize, been there as we all have.
    however, if someone again tries to straighten your hair, get up and walk out. or get up and ask to use a hair blower yourself. if you get out of the chair they can't. either way, you just go home and wash your hair and restyle.
    once you style it yourself i am sure you will find ways that works for you as it grows out. i think you are more angry with the way she totally disregarded what you were saying, asking for,as you said, your hair will grow. i would not go back there at all.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    rbb wrote: »
    i can sympathize, been there as we all have.
    however, if someone again tries to straighten your hair, get up and walk out. or get up and ask to use a hair blower yourself. if you get out of the chair they can't. either way, you just go home and wash your hair and restyle.
    once you style it yourself i am sure you will find ways that works for you as it grows out. i think you are more angry with the way she totally disregarded what you were saying, asking for,as you said, your hair will grow. i would not go back there at all.

I won't be going back at all, she got the blow drier out and I said I dont want it straightened and she said no I'm just rough drying it
    I have been to 2 other salons before and they were not good either always asking do I straighten my hair and do I want it straightened now the 3rd time I had enough I hate going hairdressers
    Another thing is when I ask something about my hair they dont seem to have a clue, the next time I go I'm gonna make sure I research that they can deal with curly hair
    I Have washed it in the pic and I don't like it
    noodly wrote: »
    She should have removed the straightening detacher so she could keep your natural hairtexture intact...She is an idiot. Allot of hairdressers are.

I dont think protein is always a magic potion, but it is for me so you could try a 30 minutes eggwhite mask before you wash your hair? It MIGHT make your waves tighter or even form into curls. There was an user on here who had stick straight(was also beautiful) hair and when she did a protein treatment her hair became so wavy! If you get the same results be sure to do it regularly whenever you need to :)

You have beautiful hair btw! X

Thank you and yes I am going to buy a protein treatment this weekend, I brought a sachet of ORS replenishing pak to try is well I heard it has protein and moisture although I got it before my haircut so hope it's not to heavy as my hair feels so light now

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file