Cooks, foodies help with oversalted chicken?

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I bought some cooked chicken which is good quality but now that I have tasted it, I realized it is quite oversalted. Any ideas how to make it palatable? I could cook it in a scrambled egg and not add the salt that I would ordinarily add to scrambled eggs, but I need other ideas. Could I cook it in some water and make chicken soup if I add vegetables or would it end up oversalty chicken soup?

I need to rescue this chicken! Simple solutions are requested. Thanks!
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CP, I cook as often as you do!
    Is this for you to eat or to take somewhere?

Can you shred some and wash it? Then use it in casserole or stir fry or with rice and veggies? In a tortilla with rice, cheese, veggies?
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you Perri! One thing that hadn't occurred to me at all is potatoes which is mentioned in your link. I try rinsing off the chicken (also mentioned) and then use it with either potatoes or rice which need a bit of salt.

Thanks again :hello1:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Posts: 468Registered Users
    I only wish that my sister-in-law would have let me make deviled eggs for Christmas. Her eggs were way too salty!
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file