Jāsön hair products ingredients

DeltaOrionisDeltaOrionis Posts: 27Registered Users
I've been using Jason's Aloe Vera shampoo and conditioner for some time now, and I'm happy enough with it, although I still need to bathe my hair in Argan oil after every wash because my hair is ridiculously dry without it no matter which shampoos I use.

I'm no expert on the subject and I was wondering if you guys can tell me what you think about the ingredients.

Does anyone else use their products? What do you think?

Aloe Vera shampoo:
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Aqua (Water), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Chloride, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract*, Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Spirulina Maxima Extract*, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol*, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum)
* Certified organic ingredient

Aloe Vera conditioner:
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Aqua (Water), Stearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (1), Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1) , Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (1) , Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract (1) , Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (1), Spirulina Maxima Extract (1), Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Phytate, Tocopheryl Acetate , Alcohol (1), Ethylhexylglycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Fragrance (Parfum)
(1) Certified Organic Ingredient

Cheers.
2C/3A Med/High Porosity/ Medium Density/

Faith in Nature Aloe Vera shampoo+conditioner
or JĀSÖN Aloe Vera shampoo+conditioner
Miaflora Argan Oil, Toni&Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray

Comments

• SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 186Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the Jason's products but only when my hair needs protein. Otherwise my hair is very, very dry and rough feeling.
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't have any input, but I wanted to say kudos to you for punctuating Jason's right!
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Could be the protein, could be your water quality.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • EverydayCurlsEverydayCurls Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Novice
    I don't know if you don't mind using silicones, but in case you do, the conditioner has some. Anyways, about your question, I don't know for the ingredients, but I have experienced some low poos that seems as stripping as sulfate shampoos. It might be that. Also, regarding the water, as Sixelamy mentioned, if you have well water or hard water that might be a factor. My hair is MUCH more rough and dry when I was my hair with well water.

Current Products:

• Homemade Shampoo
    • Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    • AG Recoil Curl Activator
    • AG Plastique
      + Plopping Overnight

www.joyfulmeadow.com

www.facebook.com/joyfulmeadow

www.instagram.com/joyful.meadow

• DeltaOrionisDeltaOrionis Posts: 27Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    I like the Jason's products but only when my hair needs protein. Otherwise my hair is very, very dry and rough feeling.
    How do you know if your hair needs protein? :) Are their products famous for being loaded with proteins or...?

• DeltaOrionisDeltaOrionis Posts: 27Registered Users
    I don't know if you don't mind using silicones, but in case you do, the conditioner has some. Anyways, about your question, I don't know for the ingredients, but I have experienced some low poos that seems as stripping as sulfate shampoos. It might be that. Also, regarding the water, as Sixelamy mentioned, if you have well water or hard water that might be a factor. My hair is MUCH more rough and dry when I was my hair with well water.

I have noticed the dreaded silicone. :D I'm not too happy about it but I think it works better than some silicones I used before because my curls stay formed for days, so it doesn't do damage on the long run, I guess.

Also, water in Dublin is soft, allegedly. I assume that's better although I need to rinse it like mad sometimes.

• baxambaxam Posts: 13Registered Users
    The shampoo & conditioner both have Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride near the middle/lower end of the list.
    I am very polyquat sensitive, sometimes polyquat build up effects my hair as much/more than silicone build up.
    If I used these products, to ensure my conditioners/moisturizers/stylers were working optimally, I would need to do a clarifying wash every week to remove the polyquat & silicone build up. But that's just my hair chemistry, & everyone is different.
    Do you have a deep conditioner? Maybe one that's protien free?
    Your argan oil rinses would only seal & improve moisture retention, it doesn't actually penetrate hair so much.
    If you want to treat your dryness, reassessing your hair's moisture-protien balance, & conditioning with something protien free might help.
    Mod CG since '06, "full" CG since '13

2c/2b/3a/4? ---> wavy kinky hair
    High density, very coarse, mostly low porosity with some normal porosity in the canopy

Clarifier - Moroccan oil clarifying shampoo
    Cleanser/Cowash - Dermorganic shampoo / KMF everyday conditioner
    RO & LI - CJ smoothing conditioner, JC deep conditioner, JC too Shea
    Styler - Beautiful Curls defining gel, JC confidence coils
    Curl enhancer - JC rockin ringlets, Josie Maran bohemian waves argan hair mist
  • kucikaskucikas Posts: 36Registered Users

which ingridient is silicone? I just whant to know, to be more carefull, I always just look for cone conol xane cones
    2C/3A; thick,medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:

Shampoo: Giovanni Root 66 max volume
    conditioner: Tresseme Naturals
    leave-in- SM curl enhancing smoothie
    oil: jojoba
    Stylers: Ecostyler olive oil gel

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. ." -Albert Einstein
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Amodimethicone is the silicone. It's not high on the list.

In regards to soft water and rinsing use a smaller amount of product. This goes for any type of soap or detergent you use for anything as a lot of them have foaming agents to combat the different types of water.
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    Because my hair hates polyquats I've avoided Jason's shampoos although I HAVE used Jason's bodywashes as shampoo. The ingredients between the shampoos and body washes are very similar, with the exception of the polyquats which are not present in the body washes but are in the shampoos. I like Jason's products because they are aloe-based and tend to be at a lower skin and hair-friendly pH.

One thing that I do see in the ingredients list is sodium chloride... salt. That may be drying out your hair. Otherwise it should be pretty gentle.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I adore the Jason Aloe conditioner! I've been using it for a good month or two now, and dare I say it's a HG for me. The cone is low enough on the list, IMO, not to matter much - I use my SM Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo with this and it washes out just fine and I've had no problem with build-up. I also do baptism rinses with the conditioner every time I wash and have never had issues.

I'm in love with Jason now, as they're so cheap, yet so awesome. I'm trying the apricot one next to see if that gives me as good results :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list