What are you a 'snob' about?

sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
I don't generally think of myself as a snob with anything, but chocolate is the one thing I'm really tempted to pass on, even socially, if it's not "up to par." Love chocolate, love baking with it, but just can't enjoy a lot of baked goods this time of year because of the quality of chocolate that is passable and pleasing to most people.

There's nothing else that comes to mind for me. Love coffee too...from expensive to AM/PM though :lol:
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am frequently (and correctly) labeled a coffee snob.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a bit of a snob about going out for a meal in a chain restaurant (not including fast food).

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,751Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Ignorance. Can't be around itl
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm also a little before t of a coffee snob. I'm definitely a snob about chocolate and ice cream. I can taste the difference in quality.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I must have high quality coffee. And none of that ugh - coffee mate. If I can't get first rate coffee, I drink tea.

Also, pies. I am not interested in crappy, cardboard crust pies. Must be flaky, with fresh fruit filling and not thickened to a gloppy mess.

And furthermore :director: I won't touch any artificial sweetener, brown raw sugar, honey, stevia, high fructose garbage etc.. If I'm going to eat or drink something sweet, I want plain, old, white refined sugar.

My saving grace is I don't care what you eat. I never try to convince anyone to be low fat, low carb, gluten free, blah blah - you do you and I'll do me. :wave:

So there.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ^ That is me, 99% of the time. I do hate it when someone thinks their way is the only way to do things and everyone must fall in line. I'll end up snapping on someone after so much of that. I have my own personal favorites when it comes to several things. I do not like fast food. I am a personal snob about that but I won't cuss you out for it (unless I know you, love you, know it goes against everything your doctors advise and you won't stop eating it). I listen to several different types of music, from many different time periods, but have my favorites and ones I would pick to listen to before others. Loved a lot of 80s pop, really don't like pop circa 2014, etc. One of my least favorites is country (always minus a few artists). Thats because my parents listened to it heavily when I was a kid and drove me crazy. It's still my least favorite, but tolerable, unless I know you, love you and it is the only thing you listen to day in and day out around me. :) Still, I don't care what it is, I will never be so snobby/morally superior that I try to have music banned. Other than that I won't buy cheap or knock off paper products, draw the line at several cheap shoes and pieces of clothing simply b/c I have had them fall apart in a month BUT I don't live in area with a lot of high end either and am always looking for a sale.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of my friends was complaining about his boss being incredibly snobby to extreme a few days ago. She only eats organic and apparently flips out on him everytime he runs somewhere and picks up a burger or pizzia for lunch. She has to personally lecture him the whole time he eats. Even I didn't do that with my diabetic father when he went on a sweet spree. Say whay I needed & move on.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh I'm not snobby to OTHER people about it. I just am fairly particular about my coffee and how it is made.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    I think a large majority are like that. We all have our preferences that range from pratical to ewwwww!! ;) It becomes a new game when someone is so snobby that they try to insist you follow theirs.

I hardly ever drink coffee (we might be one of the few places on earth with no Starbucks) and do not have access to a lot of high end chocolates so I would not know where to begin. Not a lot of 3-4 star resturants either, or at all in my town. Not a foodie unless it's home cooked. My moms are better than everyone elses and her moms were rainbows and unicorns good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Small-minded, ignorant, uncultured people. Can't deal with 'em, won't deal with 'em (unless absolutely necessary)
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I HATE when people do that Fifi, insist that supermarkets are corporate evils destroying the environment and small businesses and that we should all buy organic free range food locally and get to know our beekeepers and our dairy-farmers so we can buy raw milk and stupid **** like that.

And if you don't do this you are a 'sheep' feeding the corporate machine. like STFU. Most people I know cannot afford that kind of lifestyle even if they wanted to, did they ever factor that in?Supermarkets are cheaper and that's a fact.

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • Curlybee1Curlybee1 Posts: 55Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm also a chocolate snob, as well as: ice cream, half & half (vs milk in coffee), tea, shoes and purses (my feet and back are too important to mess up with cheap shoes. Purses are just plain cute, and I use one every day!)
    And yogurt- we have sooo many kinds in the US but a lot of them have added ingredients that are not necessary. Just give me milk & live cultures and I'll add my own fruit and honey if I want.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Music for the most part. Movies too, but I can watch a silly movie now again just to pass the time, but I'm pretty strict about what makes it to my playlist.
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Make up, but only to a degree. I don't need the most expensive (and I don't have it) but I rarely buy drug store make up
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I can't do cheap faux-leather shoes or handbags. Rarely shoes or bags made of fabric. I like good-quality leather goods. Also hate fake-leather car upholstery and furniture. (I can make exceptions for fabric and faux-leather evening clutches, tho, if they are well made.)

I don't like fake wood (Pergo, laminate, vinyl, press board), fake brick, fake stone, fake marble, fake tile surrounds, etc. This is in terms of what I put into my own houses or just my preferences, ideally.

I also tend to hate most boxed/packaged/processed/convenience foods. Prefer real, whole foods, cooked from scratch.

I'm picky about clothes but not "snobby." And I tend to be a little judgy of ppl who don't read or who only read trashy novels.Same w/ ppl who watch a lot of tv or lots of reality tv.

I like good hair products...tho I like some cheap ones as well.

• scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Brisket. I cook one mean brisket and I have a hard time when I try brisket from other places. Same with mac and cheese
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm a snob about cats and guinea pigs. Specifically the way they are treated/housed. Animals in general, really.

Also, guacamole, lemonade, and orange juice.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh yes. The way animals are treated. Yes. Very much so.
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Another winner of a thread . I like these threads that make me laugh. Good one, Sew and Sew.! :love10:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm snobby about curls. I just don't like straight hair.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,406Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Total liquor snob here. Because I don't want to waste a whole day from cheap liquor, absolutely no other reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file