Sony Hack

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
Some interesting views in the Say It thread, so thought it should have it's own.

Torn on if it was hackers, or a huge publicity stunt. I think some of the emails that have come out rule out the publicity angle though, some truly horrible stuff was said.

As far as the movie though, I think it was done in terrible taste. Who ever thought that was a good idea for a movie has some serious issues.
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am torn on the origin of the hacker but do not think it is a publicity stunt. Why would you put yourself in a position to lose a ton (I do mean a ton) of money and potential support? Makes no sense what so ever. The emails are nothing compared to the losses after numerous movies were released on line and 2 were shelved due to plots involving North Korea. I'm just not sure I believe NK has an Army of "Cyber Warriors", per say.

I had no personal interest in seeing The Interview. That said, I am not slightly bothered by the script. This is no where near the first time it has been done. Team America has done similar things, Cartoon Network had a short lived show about North Korea, etc. The Interview would never really compare but the most important similar example would be The Great Dictator, 1940. A German official living in LA got wind that Charlie Chaplain was doing a film mocking Hitler and sent out threats. He tried to police American cinema. It did not work. Charlie finished writing it, directed and acted in it and it was released. In no way would they compromise American Freedom of Speech or Creative Expression. He danced a ballet, as Hitler, in a tutu. Right on!! I think it is horrible that Sony caved. It is a disgusting precedent set. More disgusting than the movie script.

*forgive my phone. its so messed up.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I did want to add that I think some of the questions being asked are important. What kind of message does throwing in the towel send? Does this open the door for it to happen anytime someone has a beef with something? The answer to that is a clear yes, unless we take down the majority of the web which is not possible in all aspects but it is in some. I'm already upset with members of my own country who are constantly trying to get shows, movies or songs banned as opposed to not watching or listening to it. You don't have to. There are several things I have no interest in seeing but it does not mean I will block the rest from it. A lot of what I don't like may be what you love. I simply don't give it my money. All the panic and outrages at home are annoying and upsetting enough but now we can add fear mongering. Well done.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll share this interview with Clooney on the matter

George Clooney on Sony Pulling The Interview: Kim Jong Un, ''of all F--king People,'' Is Telling Us What We Can Watch | E! Online

He is correct in saying that this has a negative effect on a multitude of business in America. The principal of the matter is larger than anything else yet people are still going on about the dumb emails. *That's not directed toward you CC, just Americans with their heads up their asses in general. What if someone wants to write a news story someone else does not agree with? A book? A ... It potentially has a hold on line and outside functions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noodly wrote: »
    next week or so we will watch the movie together and its gonna be the most controversial popular movie ever. the miley cyrus of moviemaking.

James Franco is still hot.

I would hope, but considering that theaters started pulling the plug first, before Sony, because bomb threats were made on any theater that showed, it may not happen. Sony caved later, according to sources. It does now, due to the threats alone, hold a serious liability that several in our law suit crazy country would advise against. I have talked to several people who had no plans to watch it either way. Still... Principal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    next week or so we will watch the movie together and its gonna be the most controversial popular movie ever. the miley cyrus of moviemaking.

James Franco is still hot.

edit: movie is available in my country. apparently america defeated the guardians of peace. now theres more $$$$$$ and attention for the movie! and that people, is how you succeed. step on the weak ones and lie so much youd have to write them somewhere to remember them.

anyways, im gonna order some tickets for the movie, like my other fellow sheep. its for James Franco tho....

edit: huh apparently the news article updated and said it wouldnt release it...bummer!

I was going to ask what Country you were in. I know theatere in Canada and Ireland are not showing it, at least not yet. It was not supposed to be released in the US until Christmas day, but that means nothing. American movies are offen released in the international market months and months before they are at home. It depends on the intrest expressed in the country and is often used as a test market before it hit the states. Besides, the threats were made against American theaters. I have no idea if Canda or any other country will go ahead with a green light at some point.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    On a chuckle worthy note... I could not help laughing at thr reporte saying the Sony Pictures office had to go back to pen and paper, using land line phones, fax machies, etc. Oh the horror!! I can function rather well in both environments of my job but I can imagine younger employees lost their mind.

We keep telling the youngn's in my office to take notes on pen and paper first but they refuse. They type everything in, in random order, because callers spew out info very quickly when upset, and their call notes make no sense what so ever. So I really imagine some of the younger ones there where lost. Lard! What if they had to go back to original film splicing, ling before the computer days.

P.S: I know one of the many theories that sprang up surrounding the Sony Hack involves former employees. Around 230 people from the tech division in LA were laid off. Sony is trying to reduce it's overhead by $250 mil. They also got rid of a couple people in press divisions, etc. Several employees from the Tech Division are being relocated to Vancouver (they still have over 10,000 other employees I think so it was a bad cut for tech, but not over all). Some are gone. So one of the theories is former employees did the hack and people are all YAY THEM! while noting that releasing social security numbers, private info and medical records on not just celebs but employees children in order to make threats is not cool. The Gov on the other hand is saying the exact same code used in the Sony Hack was used on South Korea in 2013. All the computers used route back to ones with a virus in several different countries. Then you have those believing it is all donw by Sony to make more money.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I saw that Ciniplex (our big chain), had dropped it first, but I would assume they are tied to an American company.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    I saw that Ciniplex (our big chain), had dropped it first, but I would assume they are tied to an American company.

They might be. I'd say several of the chain theaters have ties. The mom & pops, not so much. We actually have more of those in my area than chain. I know I read that it had been dropped in several areas in Canada, for now. Postponed was used.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oophhhht... One of the other theories is that this is a Psych-Op (that one is a buzz word and a half right now between the government, the media, the NWO, the ... it was popular in my childhood. The rad fema thought everyone was running psych op's on them, especially the satanists) to gain the American publics support to invade North Korea. I did see some 20 somethng year old conspiracy theorist talking about that on a news source. "It appears to be working". Oh really? Cause all I see so far is people investigating and coming up with multiple theories and also asking questions that still apply regardless of the source. Inside, outside, opening doors to future attempts like it...

The Great Dictator was being written and filmed long beforw we got into WW2 and America did not get involved until Pearl Harbor was bombed. We didn't invade over a movie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh Jeez! Promise I won't go on about this all day but I often feel so bad for people. I was looking over the multitudes of Sony Hack Psych-Op's claims. Some think Obama and the FBI or CIA hacked Sony, some think Sony hacked themselves, several seem to be under the impression that Americans are under mind control due to violent images and this will make us blood thirsty and ready to attack thr North Koreans. I'd like to have a conversation about how people seem to eager to roll over when someone, whoever, toys with policing or fu*king with any of our industries. This does not make me blood thirsty, as some seem to be thinking. There is only 1.5 American generations that could be completely washed and under control anyway BUT that is a different topic (what? we have all been subected to the interweb, 24-7 news cycles (which show less than the interweb) or tv/movie works of fiction for up to 90 some years? Haha). Let me get on with it... I came across this in The Daily Sheeple (k then)

More Sony Hack/North Korea Psyop Fun: Team America World Police Screenings Canceled | The Daily Sheeple

In it, they discuss how the Sony Hack is nothing but a Psych Op, people are so ignorant to believe any part of it or worry about it, even though they think it's sad that people cancelled showings (which I actually agree with). They go on to say how stupid it is that people believe this and won't believe that Law Enforcement, just about everywhere, is now under Federal Oversight and keeping color codes tabs on you based on your facebook posts.

SPECIAL REPORT: Police Pre-Crime Algorithm Uses Social Media Posts Against You in Real Time | Truthstream Media

Haha! They go on to talk about App's that few LEO agencies are actually using. We don't use any of them in my county. They are not given to you. You have to pay big bucks for them (and are under budgets dictated by your area) and I don't completely agree with all (I don't schools monitoring students fb posts) but it's not quite as tragic as they make some sound. A lot of it is public records that most could get at a clerks office, mapping, reguster of deeds or they could request from a bank, etc. The social media bits are supposed to be threats toward police or emergency responders or members of the public. The authir draws their conclusion that all depts have it because some have facebook pages now, like your dentist. Some don't. Then they bring up this...

• The use of Sting Ray technology – a data interceptor program that forces cell phones into sharing data by imitating cell towers used by the FBI, local law enforcement and likely other entities including the military, the NSA and foreign government intelligence agencies – has been exposed little by little, and court challenge of its anti-Constitutional activities has yet to take place.

^^ I have to send request forms into cell phone companies to see if I can even get the basic info for a cell phone owner and only during times when I believe that person is in life or death danger. If you have phase 2 we get your location (like your own phone shows you). If not we get a cell tower address. Your phone nbr... Never heard of this isht and it is in no 911 or police dept office I have been to. But don't believe a movie studio could be hacked, okay.

Sorry this is long. Just funny.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I had hopes they would! They have been kicking it around with theaters, lawyers and insurance co's, per reports. I know Obama went on tv and said he did not agree with the theathers that pulled out or Sony's decision. Only going to be limited release, though. Won't be in all theathers.

I've been laughing at the 'Did the US hack NK?' coverage. If I've heard good info, access in NK is the equivalent to 1 city apartment building here. All gov. Most don't have electricity. Hey, the interwebs was built in the US 50 years ago. It was a military machine at first. Don't forget that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Sony to release 'The Interview' on Dec. 25 after all - CNET

:sleepy2::sleepy2::sleepy2::sleepy2: I was right

So, who's thinking big publicity stunt??
    Audrey Hepburn
    Publicity stunt is the last of the numerous theories I would pick. I really don't see it making that big of a difference. It's coming out on the day it was supposed to, in limited theathers (I think Atlanta and some others spread out thru the country) and might go on from there. I still don't know many who give a crap about the movie itself or are in a mad rush to see it, really not during Christmas/NY (perhaps one day at home).

PS- I happen to agree with with the who cares, it's probably a 15 year old in his moms basement taking down NK's internet, camp. If it wasn't just a internal issue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So this 'Lizard Squad' hacking the 2 sources where The Interview was made available on line and saying it had nothing to do with Sony is pretty funny (and stupid). That is probably why I had a hard time with my system yesterday, and why I never use my credit card number.

On another note, I saw some reviews of the movie on tv. Some were saying 'people dying is never funny'. They obviously never watched Six Feet Under. That was the most magnificent source of all fictional deaths, bizarro accidental to pre meditated murder, and a brilliant opening for a show about a funeral home.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 589Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No interest in seeing this overhyped movie either. I'm not big on Seth Rogan anyway. This is the only endearing thing about the film though, even if it is fake.

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbWF3wMFaUQ
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

I am not a huge Seth fan either. I enjoyed parts of Pineapple Express but did not consider it to be anything to write home about. That is how I feel about 90% of newer comedy movies, though. Most get a meh from me. Wanderlust and Worlds End were great, though. Imho.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file