High Top Fade + Curls, possible on 4c hair?

NoiseNapNoiseNap Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey, I'm a dude with what seems to be 4c hair. It's also very dry and nappy.

I have actually used extra strength scurl before but it didn't really end up the way I wanted it to be when it dried (when my hair was wet it looked kind of good).

So yeah, I guess what I'm asking if there is some way to get those looser curls or at least get my hair to look the same way it does when it's wet.

(Just trying to explore my options: as a black dude with 4c hair I feel quite limited)

Comments

• coracora Posts: 456Registered Users
    Go to youtube and look up maximum hydration method. This might be the solution to your problem.
  • Stinalee1120Stinalee1120 Posts: 67Registered Users Curl Novice
    cora wrote: »
    Go to youtube and look up maximum hydration method. This might be the solution to your problem.

Yes, this method seems very promising.
  • CoililanaCoililana Posts: 66Registered Users
    NoiseNap wrote: »
    Hey, I'm a dude with what seems to be 4c hair. It's also very dry and nappy.

I have actually used extra strength scurl before but it didn't really end up the way I wanted it to be when it dried (when my hair was wet it looked kind of good).

So yeah, I guess what I'm asking if there is some way to get those looser curls or at least get my hair to look the same way it does when it's wet.

(Just trying to explore my options: as a black dude with 4c hair I feel quite limited)

Seems like you got your answer because you never came back. But let me first say I can't stand the word "nappy". :pukeright: Your hair is DRY. That's what you need to focus on. Second, you hair may have no visible curl/coil definition. That is okay! Don't let the curly girl method confuse you into thinking everybody needs to have one. But first you need to get your hair properly hydrated before you can determine if that is the case.

Also, a quick jaunt through the board would have revealed some helpful information in terms of tackling dryness. I feel like people don't even look and just come here for a quick fix to their problems. Some others I think are just trolling.

Nonetheless I am prepared to offer some help. My son has 4c/ low porosity hair, although he is NOT interested in "definition" because he doesn't think that is "natural". :nike: I on the other hand see nothing wrong with it because it can prolong your style and aid in sealing in moisture.

But, I don't know anything about your scalp (is it prone to dryness, excessive flaking, etc...), the climate you live in, and so on... Those things are essential to know before anyone can reasonably suggest any products.
    4A-C, Fine/ Fragile/ Prone to Breakage , Extra Dry & Coily :afro:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file