Titi Branch Co-Founder of Miss Jessie's Died

fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I read on Facebook that she died of suicide. She was 45 years old.

o-TITI-BRANCH-570.jpg
Branch, in partnership with her sister, Miko Branch, launched Miss Jessie's in 2004 with a mission to meet the needs of women with textured hair. To say they were successful is an understatement. The duo and their products quickly became fixtures in the natural hair community and helped propel the ever-growing natural hair movement. The line can be found in mega stores such as Target and Walmart and has more than 38k followers on Instagram.

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Get out!?!

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sadly, it has been confirmed. My heart goes out to her family, especially her sister.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CurlTalk App

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This is so tragic! My condolences to the family. She will be missed.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
    We go thru this anytime someone famous who we like or admire or whatever kills themselves...why...she had so much to live for...she could have gotten help...what about her family...other ppl are depressed but they don't kill themselves........yadda yadda

Always so sad and so senseless and so frustrating.

I was just crazy about them; I loved watching their tutorials and looking at their Before and After pics. :pale:

• urbanmommyurbanmommy Posts: 155Registered Users
    I just found out. Literally cannot wrap my head around this. Or why we're just now finding out.

Met them both at the Sweet Auburn Festival in Atlanta right after I had my son. They were so nice and gracious. Prayers to her survivors. :(
    My Hair Blog
    3b/c who grew out a chemical haircut
    Products: Shea Moisture Shampoo, Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo & Conditioner, Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor, Suave Volumizing Mousse

36 MONTHS SINCE THE BUZZ CUT!

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    So sad. I saw it on FB, but didn't realise it was suicide, just all that much sadder :(
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's exactly it. Sad and frustrating :(
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    We never know what someone else is going thru. May she rest in peace now.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    That is very very sad.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Possibly a bad relationship was partly to blame?
    :sad1:

I'm so sick of hearing about women being mistreated by the men they love!!!

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I wonder if he got the money after her death.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • gardencurlsgardencurls Posts: 573Registered Users
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    I wonder if he got the money after her death.

Michael Berg????

Was she a Kabbalah Centre member?

EDIT: - never mind...you mean the boyfriend. (duh) I'm so rattled by this apparently I lost the ability to read.
    3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
    CG since August 2011/Occasionally Minimally Modified since 2013
    Favorites: Beautiful Nutrition Cocoa Curl Cleansing Conditioner, Beautiful Nutrition Cocoa Curl High Definition Moisture Gel, Beautiful Nutrition UltraLight Lime Jel Control Serum, Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse Clarifying Treatment
  • gardencurlsgardencurls Posts: 573Registered Users
    This is awful.
    3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
    CG since August 2011/Occasionally Minimally Modified since 2013
    Favorites: Beautiful Nutrition Cocoa Curl Cleansing Conditioner, Beautiful Nutrition Cocoa Curl High Definition Moisture Gel, Beautiful Nutrition UltraLight Lime Jel Control Serum, Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse Clarifying Treatment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file