Titi Branch Suicide?

CSICSI Posts: 140Registered Users
Does anyone know if it is true that Titi Branch, co- founder of Miss Jessie's committed suicide?

Comments

• fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just read it on Facebook. I hope it's not true!
  • MsPMsP Posts: 116Registered Users
    I do see the article in the Washington Post
    What happened recently? I read that they lost the company or something?
    Does anyone know the details of this take over?
    My Routine:
    Coconut oil drench the night before I co-wash
    then cowash and deep condition each time w/ Keracare Humecto, Joico Moisture Recovery and/or ApHogee 2min
    then usually airdry
    Grapeseed oil nightly

(no gel, mouse, or hair spray. My delicate, fine hair will tear if I even try to run my fingers through it with any of those. :angel9:)
    My go to leave ins are now: my regular conditioners listed above, gs oil, or PW77
  • WildKater216WildKater216 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Very sad but it appears to be true:

From NV Magazine on FB

TITI BRANCH DEAD AT 45
    Titi Branch, was the co-founder of Miss Jessie's a leading company in the natural hair care industry. She created their signature Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding® for the Brooklyn hair salon, Curve, she ran with her sister Miko. As sales for the product skyrocketed the sisters decided to move the salon to the Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn where it was renamed after thei...r family matriarch -- their no nonsense grandmother Miss Jessie. With the renaming of the salon in 2005 came the additions of Curly Meringue®, Curly Buttercreme® and later Baby Buttercreme®. Branch was not a chemist but a creative spirit who used her kitchen as her laboratory to create these products.

The Queens-native was a graduate of the University of Maryland with a degree in economics. She worked as a field producer for WABC-TV in New York City prior to Miss Jessie's. Her entrepreneurial career started prior to delving into the hair care industry. Titi and her sister were taught by their father to be independent and their first business together was a Kool-Aid stand as kids. They also ran a a cleaning business after graduating college. Later Titi launched a booking agency for hair and celebrity photographers called Icon Creative Artists. This led to her reconnecting with her sister, a hairstylist, in business. After adding her to the firm's client roster and the success that followed the next step was the creation of the salon, which opened originally in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn and the launch of Miss Jessie's -- the products are now on the shelves of Target, CVS, Ricky's, Duane Reade, Walgreens, Walmart and various other national retailers.

Born June 10, 1969 Titi Cree Branch died on Dec. 4, 2014 in an apparent suicide due to asphyxia. She is survived by her parents, sister, nephew and many loving relatives. She also leaves behind Anthony Spadafora, her boyfriend and business partner in her last venture Maestro's Classic, a line of beard care products.
  • fredricafekkaifredricafekkai Posts: 4Registered Users
    Was so sad when I first found out. I learned she was an alum of my school a month or two ago and always wanted to meet her.
    I'm sure during her time on this earth she has inspired many young girls (and young ladies & older women as well).
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Possibly a bad relationship was partly to blame?
    :sad1:

I'm so sick of hearing about women being mistreated by the men they love!!!

(Sorry. Cross post. I thought I was posting in the Nonhair thread.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file