SM JBCO

adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I was given to products from this line. The mask has keratin in it. I have never used a product with keratin because I'm sensitive so I assumed my hair would hate it. However, my hair is okay with wheat protein so I'm wondering if I should try this or steer clear since it also has coconut oil. Advice?
Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Comments

• WildfoxWildfox Posts: 148Registered Users
    I would do a strand test on one curl/clump before applying all over to minimize any problems that could result. Hopefully it works out for you! I've heard good things about that line but haven't had a chance to try it out myself yet.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good idea. Thanks
    I tried it and no overload thank goodness. First time I only used on nape and my hair did fill a little proteiny ie stiff, tangly, not soft. The second time I was careful not to use anything else with protein or coconut oil in my entire wash process. I also added banana (not mixed into masque jar). Then after I did a moisturing conditioner for about 10 minutes of or so. My hair is very soft. Pleased with results. I feel like treatment made my strands smoother. Maybe the keratin?
  • WildfoxWildfox Posts: 148Registered Users
    Glad you figured out a way to use them that works for you! My hair loves protein and always looks smoother and more bouncy after a treatment. I would guess that with the protein filling in the tiny cracks in the cuticle things are just laying a little flatter helping with that, but I'm not really sure lol it could be the combination of ingredients used.
    Wildfox wrote: »
    Glad you figured out a way to use them that works for you! My hair loves protein and always looks smoother and more bouncy after a treatment. I would guess that with the protein filling in the tiny cracks in the cuticle things are just laying a little flatter helping with that, but I'm not really sure lol it could be the combination of ingredients used.

Yeah I think the filling in the cracks is why more hair is smoother. I don't usually do pts so I don't want to press my luck too much. This will probably be a once a month thing. I did noticed on my first wash since this treatment my hair seemed more weighted. I had more hang than it usually does after I rinsed out my rinse out conditioner and before I put in my li. Usually my hair only look that way with those of product.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file