Post something funny -

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
For my friends who love words - you know who you are...

?ui=2&ik=826bf93cd7&view=fimg&th=14a366ea5be068a4&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_m4zFFlSY4Z_XwR5It_PoGNHErryX9hJGaVXwtwsuW-eeP-zq7mpdzcmW1rjmrAx2EUk2EuaAC6CpK9vkVNkccVsjH2NhnQgVtMkH632ZisojxonTLrk8CXjk&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1418262637758&rm=14a366ea5be068a4&zw&atsh=1
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Should I have posted this in the something that made you happy/smile today forum?
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I say no! Happy and feel good threads are wonderful
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Something funny!

(I hope someone gets the reference)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CurlTalk App
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think she means something like this:

A: Call me a cab

B. You're a cab

A: Post something funny

B: Something funny

But I could be wrong. ??
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I meant I can't se your original post.
    I meant I can't se your original post.

I can't see it either
    Oh phooey! It's an image with some hilarious malapropisms. I can't copy just the words. I'm trying again to paste it here - if that doesn't work we are out of luck. ?ui=2&ik=826bf93cd7&view=fimg&th=14a366ea5be068a4&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_m4zFFlSY4Z_XwR5It_PoGNHErryX9hJGaVXwtwsuW-eeP-zq7mpdzcmW1rjmrAx2EUk2EuaAC6CpK9vkVNkccVsjH2NhnQgVtMkH632ZisojxonTLrk8CXjk&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1418262637758&rm=14a366ea5be068a4&zw&atsh=1
    but this thread is quite funny in and of itself!! :)
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Did my friend's hair tonight for an ugly sweater party. ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1418531296.224799.jpg
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Noodly I don't simply like, I love it.

Chupie, that is hysterical and adorable.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I break this out when in need of a laugh

"Tree Hugging Moon Bats Crying Over Trees"
    http://youtu.be/A_JPcBwYGmo

I find it hilarious and also disturbing because it was filmed in my area. I can't help wondering how I would have reacted if I stumbled upon this group of "eco extremists". I love, love, love my home and all the trees that grow on it but GMAFB and get out! Sometimes it is necessary. That group is psychotic anyway. They often try to kill people by messing with chair lifts. *PS- I think far too many people have lost common sense and their sanity in America :) Oh dear. I loathe forest fires but wonder how many natural ones they are screaming for (though accidental make up a large %). Lightening strikes in the fall sparking and catching the dry, covered, forest floor. Not only that but control burn the forest service has to do to make sure fires do not spread for miles and miles. They also help areas eventually come back better.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,152Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    ^Oh dear! Am I allowed to say I think far too many Americans have lost their common sense and sanity too?!
    I started s******ing as soon as the sound came on.
    3b in South Australia.
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,152Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The fact that my word has been asterisked would tell me that yes, I am allowed to say it!
    3b in South Australia.
  • SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    A duck walked into a bar, went to the bartender, ordered a beer and said, "Just put it on my bill."
    Starmie wrote: »
    ^Oh dear! Am I allowed to say I think far too many Americans have lost their common sense and sanity too?!
    I started s******ing as soon as the sound came on.

The truth is always welcome :) Moonbats and Wingnuts have reached new levels of the absurd. I had to watch myself when reading one blog about Womens Studies students on campuses playing drums and beating gongs to symbolize each time a woman is assaulted. It's not a funny topic, in the slightest, but that imagery...

ETA: The sound make it. Starting out with drums and then the cries of pain and despair. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy? Hahaha. That was some Sally Field, Steel Magnolia grave yard scene, Oscar worthy grief. *Screw the families on chairlifts, though. ;) I refuse to feel about laughing at this group.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Elders React: Grand Theft Auto V

http://youtu.be/KHoOrFdgYR8

I love the Elders React videos and this was hysterical.

"You decked her!"
    Yeah
    "Why?"
    I don't know. I meant to shoot her.

"I wouldn't want my grandkid playing this. It might brain wash him into doing something crazy but normal people, it'd be alright."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think a lot of you will relate. It sure made me laugh. Only 4 seconds https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=735733089875938
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    Okay, I could not help chuckling when I watched this but be warned, it's based on serious and sensitive subjects of police brutality. Actually, it's based more on a "what if" scenario and policy changes due to instances of alleged police brutality/questionable behavior. The "what if" pertains to a policy that would make sure no one ever had any questions or concerns after a confrontation with the police. This would truly be the only way to do it. In reality, they have good training programs in place for officers that address biases, and are working on more (nothing wrong with that) but when it comes to any and every situation with the court of public opinion/arm chair dispatchers... This says it all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-V2arHXwq8

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^ Her facial expressions are priceless.
    "What kind of police?" ...

*I think she forgot to ask if they have a history of mental illness and she still may or may not get flack for asking the suspects race. It depends. Some find that unnecessary, like woman with black hair in a green shirt just robbed a store and shot the clerk is good enough. It all depends on the situation.

One more ETA: I had taken a second earlier to read over some comments and was slightly amused by the number of people talking about getting guns. True, it does seem like there is a lot more focus on protecting people who are committing crimes than victims these days and preventing law suits/backlash. I recently came across a story where a family was blaming a police officer who was shot by their son because the cop responded to call of a man shooting up the neighborhood. Really? True, you already get asked a lot of questions when you call 911. Medical/EMD is unreal and was established after a law suit in the 70s (maybe late 60s. child drowned in a pool and her sibling begged for help. I've heard that call. sad, but it wasn't policy then). No one gave CPR/life saving instructions. I remember when you called 0 for the operator. Many other questions were established after law suits/complaints/concerns and some out of need but it does continue to grow, and grow, and grow to the point of filling out a questionnaire before help can be sent which is frustratijg for the person needing help. Still, it's a clever way to illustrate & ponder what should & shouldn't be done (don't be a lawsuit happy boomer pt 2) to address issues. No one will ever be happy though. Ever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Snicker, snicker, snicker (pun intended)

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2010/10/halloween_and_t.html

The precise methods of the imaginary Halloween sadist are especially interesting. Apples and home goods occasionally appear in the stories, but the most common culprit is regular candy. This crazed person would purchase candy, open the wrapper, and DO SOMETHING to it, something that would be designed to hurt the unsuspecting child. But also something that would be sufficiently obvious and clumsy that the vigilant parent could spot it (hence the primacy of candy inspection).

The idea that someone, even a greedy child, might consume candies hiding razor blades and needles without noticing seems to strain credulity. And how, exactly, a person might go about coating a jelly bean with arsenic or lacing a molasses chew with Drano has never been clear to me. Yet it is an undisputed fact of Halloween hygiene: Unwrapped candy is the number-one suspect. If Halloween candy is missing a wrapper, or if the wrapper seems loose or flimsy, the candy goes straight into the trash.

Here is where I think we can discover some deeper meanings in the myth of the Halloween sadist. It's all about the wrappers.

Wrappers are like candy condoms: Safe candy is candy that is covered and sealed. And not just any wrapper will do. Loose, casual, cheap wrappers, the kind of wrappers one might find on locally produced candies or non-brand-name candies, are also liable to send candy to Halloween purgatory. The close, tight factory wrapper says "sealed for your protection." And the recognized brand name on the wrapper also lends a reassuring aura of corporate responsibility and accountability. It's a basic axiom of consumer faith: The bigger the brand, the safer the candy.

Ironic, since we know that the most serious food dangers are those that originate from just the kind of large-scale industrial food processing environments that also bring us name-brand, mass-market candies. Salmonella, E. coli, and their bacterial buddies lurking in bagged salads and pre-formed hamburger patties are real food dangers; home-made cookies laced with ground glass are not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm so glad Funny or Die had this

Kill The White People from NiNo

Kill the white people, oh. We're gonna make them hurt. Kill the white people, yeah BUT buy my record first.

If you are overly PC, don't click on Velvet Jones' School of Technology.

http://youtu.be/lZVnve5wG0A

Hahaha. Life is funny.

ETA: Perhaps the funniest thing about the 1st SNL skit is the second comment, from 2 yrs ago. This is about how the older people misunderstand the younger people. Privilege affords you things and opens you to satire... On and on. This is from the early 80's and is about hypocrisy and white guilt. (How one does not pull that out first and foremost after "Why [email protected] you buy my record first!! is an unknown) not to mention political themes in music and (at this point) historical events in the world.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file