Due in 2015?

lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi Everyone,
I'm due May 2015, I saw there was a thread for 2014 so I figured it wouldn't hurt to see who else around here is expecting next year.

Have things been going smoothly? Roughly? In between?

I've had a mostly smooth journey so far- didn't have horrible morning sickness after I realized my morning cup of coffee was the culprit to not feeling well in the morning. Then the rough part was dealing with a placental abruption and heavy bleeding on Halloween night, followed by spotting for awhile. Thankfully that has stopped and things are back to going well (I think). I have my anatomy scan on December 29th! I am planning on finding out the sex of the baby, but I'm looking at/planning on registering for more gender neutral items so that if I decide later to have another kid it won't be as much of a problem if I only have stuff for one sex.
3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj

Comments

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats lolo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CurlTalk App

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Well, I guess things picked up on the dating site!:tongue5:
    Great news. Congratulations! Hopefully, the rest of your pregnancy will be smooth sailing.

• lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you both, ladies! @spiderlashes5000, yes things certainly picked up. A little faster (ok a lot faster) than I would have imagined, but in a good way.

Sent from my VS980 4G using CurlTalk App
    CG since November 2013.

Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    How are you feeling? how is your pregnancy going?

How are you feeling? how is your pregnancy going?

Thank you for asking, Spiderlashes! I've been feeling great just dealing with carpal tunnel symptoms and insomnia but I'll take those over what could be going on. I've been able to keep working out (just slower), which is great stress relief for me so I'm happy.

Pregnancy is going smoothly now, I found out I have a low lying placenta and my very wiggly baby is a little girl. I look forward to feeling more movement, but feel I should hesitate saying it with how much she moves during ultrasounds.

CG since November 2013.

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Congrats lolo!! I was gonna say the same about the dating site.. Lol. Happy for you! Keep us updated and glad things are going well now.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    sixelamy wrote: »
    Congrats lolo!! I was gonna say the same about the dating site.. Lol. Happy for you! Keep us updated and glad things are going well now.

Thank you!

CG since November 2013.

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Are they concerned about the placenta? I had placenta praevia with my second and was kept a close eye on, though mine was as low as it could be, I know others aren't so bad.
    Oh, congratulations too!
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie wrote: »
    Are they concerned about the placenta? I had placenta praevia with my second and was kept a close eye on, though mine was as low as it could be, I know others aren't so bad.
    Oh, congratulations too!

Thank you. You are right- they will be keeping an eye on it. My doctor said I'd be having frequent ultrasounds to err on the side of caution and detect changes sooner.

CG since November 2013.

I wasn't sure if anyone really cared but I know I'm always nosy enough to want an update. My placenta did move up and away from my cervix, and the spots my doctor was worried about resolved. So no more expensive ultrasounds at every appointment! I'll hit 28 weeks on Sunday, and take my oral GTT on Wednesday. Time is just flying- moving from monthly appointments to appointments every two weeks after the GTT.

I am worrying now about what the heck I'm going to do with my hair so I don't end up with a rats nest in the hospital. I was thinking about installing faux locs, or crochet braids but I'm really not sure. I did manage the picture of the ponytail the other day with wet hair, so I may not need any of those plans. It dried fairly well, only a few stray hairs at my nape that fell out after rubbing against my coat collar/scarf.

CG since November 2013.

• mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! Yay babies! :) what a blessing. I'm glad things are going well. I am sure you will have a beautiful baby girl.

I'm no use at protective styling, I always go the rats nest route. That being said, rats nest gets a bad rap. I am fond of rats and their nests.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! Yay babies! :) what a blessing. I'm glad things are going well. I am sure you will have a beautiful baby girl.

I'm no use at protective styling, I always go the rats nest route. That being said, rats nest gets a bad rap. I am fond of rats and their nests.

Thank you, mustangbunny.

Haha, a couple of friends over the years have kept rats. One actually has a hammock for her rats and a huge condo. They're not my style, but they love their pets a lot. It's taken me so long to grow to my current length too, so I don't want to undo too much.

CG since November 2013.

• mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    Rat hammock sounds like the cutest thing in the world.

Maybe a protective style would be good because after she's born you might not have time (or the desire) to do your hair.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

lolo918 wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if anyone really cared but I know I'm always nosy enough to want an update. My placenta did move up and away from my cervix, and the spots my doctor was worried about resolved. So no more expensive ultrasounds at every appointment! I'll hit 28 weeks on Sunday, and take my oral GTT on Wednesday. Time is just flying- moving from monthly appointments to appointments every two weeks after the GTT.

I am worrying now about what the heck I'm going to do with my hair so I don't end up with a rats nest in the hospital. I was thinking about installing faux locs, or crochet braids but I'm really not sure. I did manage the picture of the ponytail the other day with wet hair, so I may not need any of those plans. It dried fairly well, only a few stray hairs at my nape that fell out after rubbing against my coat collar/scarf.

Do you have a c-section scheduled? Is there any reason to think you are going to be in the hospital for an extended period of time? What do you normally do w/ your hair at night when you sleep? Are you planning on taking lots of pics and having lots of visitors while in the hospital?

The above sound like good ideas. My first one came 2 weeks early and I wasn't all that prepared. And I was so miserable w/ my second one, I couldn't have cared less. Thankfully, there aren't many pics of my hospital hair. But my nails looked really bad and they were in every pic of me holding the baby!

I don't have a c-section scheduled, but where the back of my head hits the bed and at my crown are my worst places for knots/tangles so I figure if they're put away that can't happen. Those are also the places I sweat the most so I'm anticipating at least some sleep on dampened/ wet hair that is somewhat less protected. I don't normally cover my hair at night because it just pulls out my curls and is hard to fluff and go.

Visitors can be a toss up, as I have a huge family and I'm not sure people won't be nosy trying to see more of dad. Pics, I'm not as worried about but I was thinking more along the lines of making life easy. Final grades are due to be turned in about a week before my due date, so the less on my plate the better. Lastly, I'll admit that I'm anxious of how life will change with a newborn too so if I can eliminate one thing off my plate while adjusting that sounds nice too. I also wonder if I'm worrying for no reason too, and things will figure themselves out naturally.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    CG since November 2013.

I don't have a c-section scheduled, but where the back of my head hits the bed and at my crown are my worst places for knots/tangles so I figure if they're put away that can't happen. Those are also the places I sweat the most so I'm anticipating at least some sleep on dampened/ wet hair that is somewhat less protected. I don't normally cover my hair at night because it just pulls out my curls and is hard to fluff and go.

Visitors can be a toss up, as I have a huge family and I'm not sure people won't be nosy trying to see more of dad. Pics, I'm not as worried about but I was thinking more along the lines of making life easy. Final grades are due to be turned in about a week before my due date, so the less on my plate the better. Lastly, I'll admit that I'm anxious of how life will change with a newborn too so if I can eliminate one thing off my plate while adjusting that sounds nice too. I also wonder if I'm worrying for no reason too, and things will figure themselves out naturally.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

A protective style sounds good. Altho you will have access to a shower and can pack all your products and still do your hair in the hospital if you like. I brought blow dryers and curling irons and tried-and-true products and experimental products and everything. LOL

Life will change but if you and your partner are living together, you'll just have to insist he does his share. If your hair takes time in the morning, he can get the baby ready and out in the mornings and you can take the "evening shift."

You'll be returning to work? How long a maternity leave are you planning?

I just went with ponytails when I was in hospital, really couldn't be bothered even trying with anything else. With my second I had jelco's in my hands constantly and couldn't do anything to it as I couldn't bend my hands, thankfully my mum was over from the UK and she used to brush (yikes!) it back for me.
    Glad to hear your placenta shifted. Good baby!
    3b in South Australia.
    How's it going? In the home stretch now! Have you decided on a name? (You don't have to tell us...I know most women don't want to.)

How's it going? In the home stretch now! Have you decided on a name? (You don't have to tell us...I know most women don't want to.)

Whoa, I'm sorry for such a late response. Things have been busy, and (thankfully) uneventful! I'm getting everything ready, getting simultaneously excited and scared out of my mind.

I don't mind sharing her name- Rosalind Marie. My sister however has already gotten everyone starting to call her baby Rosie.

CG since November 2013.

What a pretty name for the baby! I pray your pregnancy continues to go smoothly and the birth as well.

co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)

event.png
    I'm glad all is going well, not long to go now! And I agree with juanab, pretty name.
    3b in South Australia.
    Thank you ladies!

CG since November 2013.

Can't wait to see pics of Baby Rosie! Her name sounds like she will grow up to be Secretary of State of something!:blob8:

So are you starting to feel any of the practice contractions (Braxton Hicks)?

I am not sure about feeling braxton hicks or not. During my anatomy scan at 20 weeks the tech mentioned that I was having some but I didn't feel anything. Then I thought I may have been more often but was told it most likely was still baby movement by other moms. I keep forgetting to ask my doctor. If I try to do too much physical activity I think the crampy sensation I feel in the lower part of my belly is a braxton hicks. They go away when I slow down and/or stop to rest.

When I thought I was feeling them often it seemed like one area of my belly got really hard and stayed really hard for 30 seconds or so. It felt different from movements which, were really fast, like a jab or rolling sensation, and were just a different sensation to me.

CG since November 2013.

I am not sure about feeling braxton hicks or not. During my anatomy scan at 20 weeks the tech mentioned that I was having some but I didn't feel anything. Then I thought I may have been more often but was told it most likely was still baby movement by other moms. I keep forgetting to ask my doctor. If I try to do too much physical activity I think the crampy sensation I feel in the lower part of my belly is a braxton hicks. They go away when I slow down and/or stop to rest.

When I thought I was feeling them often it seemed like one area of my belly got really hard and stayed really hard for 30 seconds or so. It felt different from movements which, were really fast, like a jab or rolling sensation, and were just a different sensation to me.

That's it! She's on her way. How fun!

Yes, that's how mine were. I hear of people thinking they're in labour and it turns out to be Braxton Hicks, no comparison in my book!
    3b in South Australia.
    Yes, that's how mine were. I hear of people thinking they're in labour and it turns out to be Braxton Hicks, no comparison in my book!

Right! LOL

Lol. This was the hypochondriac in me yesterday for about 2 seconds. Then I realized I hadn't drank a lot of water, and it was hot. Upper 70s to 80 degrees F according to our wireless thermometer (so I think ~26-27 degrees C?). It so far has been the only time I've felt my entire belly tighten.

CG since November 2013.

• HeartsesHeartses Posts: 37Registered Users
    Hi everyone! I am also due this year in September with #2 :)
    Congrats!
    Heartses wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am also due this year in September with #2 :)

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file