JC CC vs spiralicious

naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
Has anyone tried Jessicurl confident coils as well as spiralicious? How do they compare for hold, definition, weighing down hair (or not)?

I tried her products for the first time today, mixed them with other products, and changed my technique, and it made a huge difference. I put 6 different products in my hair altogether! I'm wondering if spiralicious can be used in place of both gelebration spray and confident coils (less is more for me). I also would love feedback before caving in to my developing inner product junkie and running out to buy spiralicious. If it weighs down hair less than CC then it has my name on it. :)

Edit: Also, how do they compare for buildup? My baby fine hair gets buildup from chemicals easily (which includes PVP and polyquats, in both products).

3A/f/i
Super baby fine hair, low porosity
Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Comments

• RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    I used to use Confident Coils religiously for years. Just it by itself. I dont like layering a ton of products. Loved it but I had to use hairspray to get a bit more hold. I later started adding in Gelabration to see if that would give more hold. It helped some but not as much as hairspray. I jumped on Spiralicious when it came out and I really like it alot. I use it alone. I get the same curl definition I got with Confident Coils but it has a bit better hold. I still put a bit of Ouidad Styling Mist to better set but mostly because I live in Florida and it's humid...alot. I haven't had much trouble with buildup but I co-wash every day to every other day. The only thing I notice is that if I don't wash for more than two days I get itchy scalp. I don't shampoo though (or low poo or no poo...just co-wash) and Spiralicious comes out just fine. The only other thing I use is a leave in (Too Shea).

Forgot to mention I am a 3b to 3c, fine hair, low porosity.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CurlTalk App
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    That is so helpful, thanks! I was noticing I get an itchy scalp lately too, probably from the PVP or preservative. I'm guessing if spiralicious has better hold then it will weigh down my hair less too. I've been putting my homemade hair gel over it, but it's almost too much hold… I wound up with unscrunchable crunch. Got some experimenting to do and some spiralicious to buy. There's only one store in the area that may have it, so here's hoping. :)

Edit: Also I thought gelebration helps clumping (because of the flaxseed)? THe one thing I notice is if I rake these through and try to use super soaker I still wind up with stringy curls. I was hoping putting in more gelebration would help the clumps. If not then homemade okra may be the ticket.

3A/f/i
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    I put it in right after I get out of the shower so my hair is wet but not soaking (I can't get anything to work for me when it's soaking, too drippy). I work it through in sections and then run a wide tooth comb to help distribute better. Then I run my fingers back through to kind of break it up. I put a little more gel in my hands and I finger twirl several pieces around my face just so they curl better. I then do the ouidad rake and shake for the rest and scrunch with microfiber. I've been experimenting with air drying but i still use a diffuser on low heat most of the time. It looks almost a bit frizzy while drying but once dry and scrunched it's amazing. Good formation, nice volume.

I never had good luck with Gelebration helping the clumps. It sort of made me stringy, where I clumped somewhat better with just Confident Coils alone. But I have always had to finger twirl some sections just to get them to lay better.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CurlTalk App
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the heads up, maybe that's why I was getting super string. I wonder what it is about the product that would do that; after all, flax seed is supposed to be curl enhancing.

3A/f/i

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file