Almost 1 month into the CG method and loving it!

So if anyone saw my last post, I was about 1 day (impatient much?) CG and hating it. I co-washed for the first time, used a CG friendly gel, and my originally 2c/3a hair ended up gross, limp, and almost totally straight! I didn't like it, but I decided to keep being persistent and let my hair adjust for at least a few weeks before going back to my old routine. I think I co-washed every night for about a week, because I read somewhere that it would help my hair get used to it faster. I don't know how accurate that is, but it seemed to work for me. 2 weeks into it and my hair was looking GREAT. Then, I ran out of gel. Which is crazy, only 2 weeks and the bottle was empty?! But I have a lot of long thick hair, and for years I guess I just thought I needed a lot of product. I started panicking because that was my only CG friendly product on hand, and I couldn't get to the store that week. So, I tried something that I haven't been able to do since I was about 10 years old with naturally straight hair: leave it without any product *cue horrified gasp*. Other than a little bit of conditioner left in from the shower, my hair was like... naked. LOL. I was prepared for a frizzy poofy disaster, because up until now the thought of leaving the house without product scared the *beep* out of me! But, there was no other choice. So I co-washed, did my usual nightly routine (air try 80%, pineapple, then sleep), and then the next morning I took it down expecting a nightmare. Instead... it actually looked good. Maybe even better than it did with the gel. It's almost 2 weeks later, so close to a full month into the CG method and I'm still in shock because I haven't had to use anything but conditioner!! Perfect definition, lots of good volume, and NO FRIZZ! :toothy7:Plus, I'm actually starting to get really nice 2nd and even 3rd day hair, which was virtually impossible before.

Sorry this is so lengthy, but I'm just so excited that I had to share. I couldn't be happier with this method!!
Mixture of 2c/3a, thick, high porosity, high density. Dyehard in recovery. Name any color and I've rocked it- maybe even twice! Now I'm my natural color again and plan to stick with it for a while. Winter routine consists of co-washing only and gel for styling.

Comments

• BeinDebBeinDeb Registered Users Posts: 583 Curl Connoisseur
    That's wonderful...and guess what??? It only gets better and better...you're getting happy, healthy hair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file