Post pics of you best day 3 or later hair!

Hey guys, I just joined today after lurking here for a few months. I thought it would be nice to see how everyone's hair looks a few days post wash. Here's my current day 3 hair.

H9zwbjV.jpg

BWQvgSQ.jpg
(both sides & the back are shaved because I can only handle so much hair)

I thought I was following the Curly Girl method since June, but recently realized a good chunk of the products I'd been using contained tons of cones, drying alcohols & sulfates (they were gifted to me by my mom, so I didn't look at them too closely/felt obligated to use them). So really I've only been CG for a few weeks now. My current method involves using a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks and co washing with Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner once a week in between. Afterwards, I use Giovanni' Weightless Leave-In, followed by Shea Moisture's Curl Smoothie. After that I use Jessicurl's Oil Blend, and follow that up with Eco styler argan oil gel. I finish up with lots of prays to the hair gods that all my bleaching and dying doesn't lead to any breakage/knots. On the days after cleansing, I refresh my curls with a home-brewed mixture of Suave Naturals Coconut, Proclaim Natural 7 Olive Oil, and water shook up in a spray bottle.

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    Good idea. I washed today so I'll try to get a pic in a couple days.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • frcklsfrckls Registered Users Posts: 528 Curl Neophyte
    This is another thread who knows when I can participate. The only styler from my staple that gives me 3-days hair is only the okra jelly and it's been a hit or miss with the latest concotion. But even then, I'm stretching it and itching to wash my scalp.....
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile
  • CurlXTCeeCurlXTCee Registered Users Posts: 379
    Hey guys, I just joined today after lurking here for a few months. I thought it would be nice to see how everyone's hair looks a few days post wash. Here's my current day 3 hair.

H9zwbjV.jpg

BWQvgSQ.jpg

I thought I was following the Curly Girl method since June, but recently realized a good chunk of the products I'd been using contained tons of cones, drying alcohols & sulfates (they were gifted to me by my mom, so I didn't look at them too closely/felt obligated to use them). So really I've only been CG for a few weeks now. My current method involves using a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks and co washing with Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner once a week in between. Afterwards, I use Giovanni' Weightless Leave-In, followed by Shea Moisture's Curl Smoothie. After that I use Jessicurl's Oil Blend, and follow that up with Eco styler argan oil gel. I finish up with lots of prays to the hair gods that all my bleaching and dying doesn't lead to any breakage/knots. On the days after cleansing, I refresh my curls with a home-brewed mixture of Suave Naturals Coconut, Proclaim Natural 7 Olive Oil, and water shook up in a spray bottle.

Gorjus curls! Guys always have the most awesome hair and eyelashes!
  • heartincloverheartinclover Registered Users Posts: 33
    CurlXTCee wrote: »

H9zwbjV.jpg

BWQvgSQ.jpg

Gorjus curls! Guys always have the most awesome hair and eyelashes!
    Thank you so much, that's nice of you to say. :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file