Anyone watching 90 day Fiancee on TLC?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Curl VirtuosoPosts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
I know it's a longshot...but any thoughts so far?

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Curl Novice Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Yes, I love this show!

I think Daiya is a biotch. I don't know how the heck the old lady and the young man is real. He seems like a good person, but makes me think he's just here for the green card. Amy's US bf really needs to grow up, and she deserves better. The girl who came from Brazil is a biotch too. These men need to grow some balls and send them home.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    sixelamy wrote: »
    Yes, I love this show!

I think Daiya is a biotch. I don't know how the heck the old lady and the young man is real. He seems like a good person, but makes me think he's just here for the green card. Amy's US bf really needs to grow up, and she deserves better. The girl who came from Brazil is a biotch too. These men need to grow some balls and send them home.

Yay! Somebody else is watching it!

I've only seen two (partial) episodes, both last night. Are there only two episodes so far? I think I must be missing at least one episode.

So Daiya (Filipino woman, right?) was not in the second episode. Did she go home?

Yeah, the way she complained about her ring was tacky and transparent. (Tho IDK I would love getting an engagement ring w/ an obvious black flaw in it...but we could probably upgrade it later.)

Haha, the old lady and the young man! I just cringe when I see them. She and I are the same age and that really scares me! LOL Yeah, it's obvious he isn't into her like that. No wonder. He's yummy, tho!

I'd be just as mad as the Brazilian woman if someone brought me home to such a messy house! lol

The couple where the woman is from South Africa and the man's father is racist seem very mature, tho, for their ages. 21 and 23? His relatives keep ****-blocking him, thinking they are helping, but it seems like she might want to slip one in right quick before the wedding.

All the stories are interesting.

I think there's about 5 episodes now. I missed the one this past Sunday :( I'll have to catch up on On Demand. I don't like the fact that Amy's boyfriend (can't remember his name for the life of me) left her alone on her first day there. I would be pissed! He doesn't seem to be making much effort to spend alone time with her, or really make sure she feels like she's getting to know him. I can undersand though, if they want to wait to have sex and it's hard - people around will definitely ****-block.

Gosh, that woman from Illinois who brought the Myla Vox guy out... she is way too dramatic. I think they are a cute couple though. I hope everything works out for him. I think his manager is full of BS, probably using the show and "ending" the band as publicity. If he ever moves back and the band gets back together, I'm sure it will be all the rage.

Yes, I would be grossed out if I came all that way for a messy room too. He could've definitely made her arrival a bit more pleasant. But by the looks of their pool and his room, I think they might have had a much messier house originally than it appears to be now. She's way too controlling though. I'm not sure she's genuine.

That older lady is just... well.. not very smart. Her man is very handsome. Religion or not, if a man loves a women he's going to try and sleep with her.. or maybe have an oops if it's that important. He won't even touch her and be any kind of lovey dovey. I really thought he was going to ditch her at the airport, I was shocked to see him stick around there. She put up all that money to get him here when she's almost bankrupt... there's something fishy going on there where he could've totally pitched a dollar in. I bet he's wishing he would've found an actual sugar mama.

The guy that wouldn't introduce his fiancée to his family - I think that couple seems genuine. I really like how the female is really into family. it shows she cares.

I'm so curious to see how all their stories end up, or if we will even get to the point of finding out whether they are truly genuine or not.

I think Daiya is just here to be here. She really picked a winner who has the lowest self esteem on this planet. He needs to quit laughing and put her in her place and shove her on the next plane back as fast as he can.
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I watch this show! I saw one episode and was hooked to see how it would turn out.

Daiya.....that lady needs help. She's a total witch! But, he doesn't stick up for himself, so he'll probably end up staying with her until she breaks up with him. Although, the ring thing was a bit much I wouldn't want a black mark on my ring either. My problem with this couple is that the next day he went and got his daughter for a month. I feel like that's a bit much right off the bat. For everyone. Also, he has two roomates! How in the world are the surviving in that house with 5 adults and a child?!?!?

The Myla Vox dude.......I was upset last episode because she didn't want to move three hours to Chicago so that he could work on his music career. HE MOVED OVERSEAS FOR YOU! You could move a measly three hours. Just sayin'.

The older lady and the guy....doesn't seem real. He seems like he's in it for the green card. It's just awkward seeing them together. It seems like she initiates all of the touching and kissing and like he doesn't really want it. I just feel like he'll be looking for a reason to leave (like the money situation). She shouldn't have spent all that money in the first place, especially if she didn't have it. She's got three daughters to think about.

Amy and Danny. I feel like they really love each other, but he's immature and doesn't see ready. Maybe to have sex, but not for marriage. He left her hanging the first day she was there (he could have taken off of work). And left her alone with his family. That's crap. I feel like his family is really trying though, save for the Dad. And I really like Amy. Honestly though, I don't know if Danny will make it.

The older guy that lives with his dad and the lady that almost didn't show up to the airport.....she should have stayed where she was. He is annoying, she is annoying. I don't think they'll make it. She's too controlling and he doesn't seem to be able to deal with it very well. They fight more than anything and that house was disgusting. The pool was nasty and the fact that they live in a senior citizens neighborhood doesn't help. He should have his own place (even if it is just an apartment). I feel like that would help tremendously. She looks like she likes to have fun and he doesn't. Case in point, the bathing suit thing. He's controlling about that, or so it seems. Just seems like a bad match.

The guy who didn't tell his family and the girl who finds family important.....I think she really loves him. And I feel like he does too. However, I feel like their problem lies in the fact that he can't stand up to his family. He kept saying he was worried about his family saying something about her and damaging his views. And he wants to elope. I feel like that's a bad match for a woman who puts so much emphasis on family. And I feel like she'll get tired of him not sticking up to his family. That sister in law would have been told off by now. She's just rude!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

DaniGirl88 wrote: »

The Myla Vox dude.......I was upset last episode because she didn't want to move three hours to Chicago so that he could work on his music career. HE MOVED OVERSEAS FOR YOU! You could move a measly three hours. Just sayin'.

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!!

Seriously, this girl is completely selfish. Come on!! I feel like that guy would've been better off had he not met her. I do like them together, they are cute. But she really needs to quit being whiney and dramatic - "I've moved around so much I just want to stay put." Translation: I want to live at home and I don't care what you do as long as I have you. That's horrible.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I forgot about it last night and only stumbled upon it when it was half over. So the older, unattractive woman engaged to the young, good looking Tunisian guy lost her job and they decided to forego the traditional wedding in favor of a civil ceremony. And he's cool with things so far bc she's keeping him the loop? And her teenaged son admitted he doesn't believe the guy loves her?

The White guy and the South African woman decided to push their wedding date up...why exactly? So they could have sex? Or something to do with his racist father?

I couldn't believe the *****y Filipino woman allowed her fiance's female friend to speak to her like that!!?? What a damn nerve that old woman had coming right out and strongly insinuating she was using the guy. But where did all of her spunk go? I was actually touched that she was crying when the little girl was leaving; maybe she is genuine?

Was the MylaVox couple even on at all? Or the other couple w/ the other Asian woman?

Anything new w/ the White guy who lives w/ his dad in the messy house and his Brazilian fiance?

Did I miss much?

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!!

Seriously, this girl is completely selfish. Come on!! I feel like that guy would've been better off had he not met her. I do like them together, they are cute. But she really needs to quit being whiney and dramatic - "I've moved around so much I just want to stay put." Translation: I want to live at home and I don't care what you do as long as I have you. That's horrible.

I agree. I felt like she was being unreasonable. It was her choice to move around that much! The least she could do is move three hours away. What, she doesn't want to get a job and support herself? Or move away from her family? I don't get it. Three hours is nothing.
    I forgot about it last night and only stumbled upon it when it was half over. So the older, unattractive woman engaged to the young, good looking Tunisian guy lost her job and they decided to forego the traditional wedding in favor of a civil ceremony. And he's cool with things so far bc she's keeping him the loop? And her teenaged son admitted he doesn't believe the guy loves her?

The White guy and the South African woman decided to push their wedding date up...why exactly? So they could have sex? Or something to do with his racist father?

I couldn't believe the *****y Filipino woman allowed her fiance's female friend to speak to her like that!!?? What a damn nerve that old woman had coming right out and strongly insinuating she was using the guy. But where did all of her spunk go? I was actually touched that she was crying when the little girl was leaving; maybe she is genuine?

Was the MylaVox couple even on at all? Or the other couple w/ the other Asian woman?

Anything new w/ the White guy who lives w/ his dad in the messy house and his Brazilian fiance?

Did I miss much?

I didn't get to watch it last night, but am hoping to do so tonight. So....I don't know what happened yet. I'll let you know though! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Did I miss much?

I don't think you missed much. The lady with the younger guy lost her job, and it didn't exactly say why except that they "didn't think she was right for the job anymore." He was upset because he felt like she didn't take the job seriously and is contemplating whether or not they should even get married at this point.

The Myla Vox couple wasn't in this episode.

The guy who lives with his father and his girl. Wow. I was upset at this episode. They went to the beach (again an older part of the beach with hardly any young people) and he told her she should probably cover up. I get that, but then he complains about her being controlling. Doesn't seem fair. So then he said they were going out for a nice dinner and they went to the early-bird special! There was hardly anyone else in the restaurant (if any). I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem like a romantic dinner to celebrate your engagement.I feel like he's been living with his dad too long. And then she told him that she didn't want him having a Bachelor Party because his friends are crazy and would hire a prostitute and she's not okay with that. Interesting.....

The guy who didn't want to tell his family and his girl are doing okay I guess. She took his mom with her to wedding dress shop and is trying to convince him to have his mom at the wedding. She's also really missing her family and is having a tough time with it. So, he said he was going to do something special for her.

Daya and that weird guy. I couldn't believe he let his friend talk to her like that either. More importantly, I couldn't believe Daya let that happen. I guess she's become a softy over here or just pushes him around. Hahaha. Her tears over the little girl definitely seemed genuine. I like how the want to have the little girl in the ceremony. They seem to be doing well.

Danny and Amy (really the only names I remember), are doing okay I guess. His dad was a jerk! I would have said something to him about his interracial problems! Seriously, this isn't the 1800's in America. Interracial relationships aren't as uncommon as he seems to think over here. And for Danny not to stick up for Amy, or at least come to her defense about her race, I felt like that was distasteful and rude on his part. I don't care if that is his father, he should at least ask him to be respectful of her feelings. They pushed the wedding up because they have been living apart, but I can't help but believe it's because of the physical issue of not being together.

I think that's all that happened. I'm interested to see the next episode though.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

Did I miss much?

I don't think you missed much. The lady with the younger guy lost her job, and it didn't exactly say why except that they "didn't think she was right for the job anymore." He was upset because he felt like she didn't take the job seriously and is contemplating whether or not they should even get married at this point.

The Myla Vox couple wasn't in this episode.

The guy who lives with his father and his girl. Wow. I was upset at this episode. They went to the beach (again an older part of the beach with hardly any young people) and he told her she should probably cover up. I get that, but then he complains about her being controlling. Doesn't seem fair. So then he said they were going out for a nice dinner and they went to the early-bird special! There was hardly anyone else in the restaurant (if any). I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem like a romantic dinner to celebrate your engagement.I feel like he's been living with his dad too long. And then she told him that she didn't want him having a Bachelor Party because his friends are crazy and would hire a prostitute and she's not okay with that. Interesting.....

The guy who didn't want to tell his family and his girl are doing okay I guess. She took his mom with her to wedding dress shop and is trying to convince him to have his mom at the wedding. She's also really missing her family and is having a tough time with it. So, he said he was going to do something special for her.

Daya and that weird guy. I couldn't believe he let his friend talk to her like that either. More importantly, I couldn't believe Daya let that happen. I guess she's become a softy over here or just pushes him around. Hahaha. Her tears over the little girl definitely seemed genuine. I like how the want to have the little girl in the ceremony. They seem to be doing well.

Danny and Amy (really the only names I remember), are doing okay I guess. His dad was a jerk! I would have said something to him about his interracial problems! Seriously, this isn't the 1800's in America. Interracial relationships aren't as uncommon as he seems to think over here. And for Danny not to stick up for Amy, or at least come to her defense about her race, I felt like that was distasteful and rude on his part. I don't care if that is his father, he should at least ask him to be respectful of her feelings. They pushed the wedding up because they have been living apart, but I can't help but believe it's because of the physical issue of not being together.

I think that's all that happened. I'm interested to see the next episode though.....

What exactly did Danny's father say to Amy about race? (I knew Danny was taking her to meet his father and he would likely share his views on race with her but I didn't actually hear what was said.) Yes, if you are old enough to get married, you are old enough to stand up to your father if he is wrong or mistreating your fiance. If a man can't defend his wife, they will always have problems as a couple. boooooo to that.

So Mohamed and the older, unattractive woman just met online and she brought him over here, sight unseen? Her family seems does seem rather dubious regarding his intentions. Has she said why she chooses not to listen to them?

What exactly did Danny's father say to Amy about race? (I knew Danny was taking her to meet his father and he would likely share his views on race with her but I didn't actually hear what was said.) Yes, if you are old enough to get married, you are old enough to stand up to your father if he is wrong or mistreating your fiance. If a man can't defend his wife, they will always have problems as a couple. boooooo to that.

So Mohamed and the older, unattractive woman just met online and she brought him over here, sight unseen? Her family seems does seem rather dubious regarding his intentions. Has she said why she chooses not to listen to them?

Nothing directly to her about her race exactly, but she asked if his parents knew anything about South Africa and he responded with "No offense, but we've decided that's not place we'd ever visit. There's nothing there for us." I found that to be extremely rude because he's basically saying that her culture doesn't interest him and doesn't matter.

He also asked what the diversity was like over there and then proceeded to ask how they "would deal with an interracial relationship in America where it isn't accepted?" Huh? I'm in an interracial relationship and I don't find America to be opposed to it. I forgot what else was said, but his tone was just rude and his body language. It was awkward just watching it! Luckily, Danny's mom stuck up for her.

I believe she went over there to visit him at one point, but I could be mistaken. Either way, I don't think her son really believes that he isn't using her. I'm not sure about her daughters. I think they feel the same, but aren't saying anything. It has to be hard having that many people in the same small home. I don't think the son lives there though. I think she believes that he loves her and wants to be with her, so that's probably why she doesn't listen. I don't know. I feel like this one isn't going to last very long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

Ok, I'm finally all caught up, I missed a couple of episodes.

Mohamed is definitely in it for the green card. Any man in his right man would not stay for her being totally broke, irresponsible, and just plain dumb. The lawyer thing sealed it for me.

Cassia's boyfriend.. can't remember his name.. is a LOOOOSSERRRRR!! Get a real job dude!!! I don't know what she sees in him. Going to auctions all the time just to make $8 bucks off something? She must really have no self esteem.

Chelsea with the Myla Vox dude.. what a selfish bi....scuit!! She says, "Right now it seems like we'd be rushing into things..." Well ya don't say! You brought him back to marry you in 90 days and that's not rushing things? Moving to Chicago is like the simplest decision. I feel sorry for this guy, I really do.

Danny's dad is coming around and seeing what a cool chick Amy is. I think he'll lighten up. I also think the TV show plays up the smallest things to create drama.

I really like Evelin, I'm glad she's bonding with the dude's mom and got him to agree to have her be at their wedding. I really hope they make it well in life.
    Ok, I'm finally all caught up, I missed a couple of episodes.

Mohamed is definitely in it for the green card. Any man in his right man would not stay for her being totally broke, irresponsible, and just plain dumb. The lawyer thing sealed it for me.

Cassia's boyfriend.. can't remember his name.. is a LOOOOSSERRRRR!! Get a real job dude!!! I don't know what she sees in him. Going to auctions all the time just to make $8 bucks off something? She must really have no self esteem.

Chelsea with the Myla Vox dude.. what a selfish bi....scuit!! She says, "Right now it seems like we'd be rushing into things..." Well ya don't say! You brought him back to marry you in 90 days and that's not rushing things? Moving to Chicago is like the simplest decision. I feel sorry for this guy, I really do.

Danny's dad is coming around and seeing what a cool chick Amy is. I think he'll lighten up. I also think the TV show plays up the smallest things to create drama.

I really like Evelin, I'm glad she's bonding with the dude's mom and got him to agree to have her be at their wedding. I really hope they make it well in life.

Wait, who is Evelin?

Dang, I forgot to watch it this week...got caught up in Watch What Happens Live.

I think I can watch the full episides on TLC's website.

But just tell me what Mohammed is doing w/ a lawyer! LOL

I haven't gotten to watch this week's episode yet.

What is Mohammed doing with a lawyer? I'm so intrigued!

If I was that Myla Vox dude, I'd be so pissed!!! It sounds like she doesn't want to leave her parents, but he left everything he knew. What a selfish little girl.

And I agree, I think that dude is a major loser. He lives with his dad, in what seems like a retirement community, and doesn't have a real job. He takes her out to eat for the early-bird special. That still gets me. I'd be like, no, we need to go somewhere nice. After 5 p.m. I would totally leave him and find someone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

And I agree, I think that dude is a major loser. He lives with his dad, in what seems like a retirement community, and doesn't have a real job. He takes her out to eat for the early-bird special. That still gets me. I'd be like, no, we need to go somewhere nice. After 5 p.m. I would totally leave him and find someone else.

What gets me about that is the show makes it seem like the woman is bipolar or something. I'd be totally upset too!

Wait, who is Evelin?

Dang, I forgot to watch it this week...got caught up in Watch What Happens Live.

Evelin is the woman who came for that guy that wouldn't tell his family and then his sister in law got pissed and said all this crap.

Mohamed wanted to know what he would have to do for his green card, how long it would take, etc etc. Also to find out what his responsibilities are if he married the woman when she just lost her job and can't pay the bills. He made it to be this big thing and then was like.. yeah, I'll marry you. Well duh!

What gets me about that is the show makes it seem like the woman is bipolar or something. I'd be totally upset too!

I agree. He makes her seem like she's nuts or something, but I would be pissed too. Lol. He keeps calling her controlling but I feel like he's the one that's a little controlling. She seems like she has trust issues, possibly for a past relationship. Which would explain her fear of prostitutes at the bachelor party.

Wait, who is Evelin?

Evelin is the woman who came for that guy that wouldn't tell his family and then his sister in law got pissed and said all this crap.

Mohamed wanted to know what he would have to do for his green card, how long it would take, etc etc. Also to find out what his responsibilities are if he married the woman when she just lost her job and can't pay the bills. He made it to be this big thing and then was like.. yeah, I'll marry you. Well duh!

Wow. I can't wait to watch this episode. I think he's been in it for the green card only. He just doesn't seem in love. He just seems preoccupied and uninterested. If he's asking about that, then I would definitely say he's only in for the green card.

Did Danny and Amy get married this episode?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

I just watched the most recent episode. (And now that I know you can catch them online, I will go back and view the first two that I missed.)

Wow, I have much respect for Amy (South Africa). She and her family seem like such a classy bunch. Fortunately Danny's obnoxious father appears to be coming around :neutral:

Cringing watching Cassia (Brazil) and Jason. Reminded me so much of my first of year of marriage...to a clueless, emotionally-void, messy workaholic packrat w/ unhealthy family ties. LOL My sympathies, Cassia.

Evelin (Colombia) seems so nice. I never saw in detail how his family was grilling her (until right now as I'm typing and watching a previos episode). A-holes. Why didn't Justin defend her?

Is Chelsea hearing impaired? Why does she talk like that??? She and Yamir (Nicaragua) are both really icky IMO. If he was such a big rock star back in Central America, why doesn't he have any money now?

I think Mohammed (Tunisia) wasn't totally unfair. He's from a male-dominated culture and I guess he feels like he has no control over anything now. IDK...

eta - tearing up over Amy (South Africa)'s wedding shower...

eta2 - Cassia has a really beautiful head of curly hair. I hope she gets her color situation worked out :?

I just watched the most recent episode. (And now that I know you can catch them online, I will go back and view the first two that I missed.)

Wow, I have much respect for Amy (South Africa). She and her family seem like such a classy bunch. Fortunately Danny's obnoxious father appears to be coming around :neutral:

Cringing watching Cassia (Brazil) and Jason. Reminded me so much of my first of year of marriage...to a clueless, emotionally-void, messy workaholic packrat w/ unhealthy family ties. LOL My sympathies, Cassia.

Evelin (Colombia) seems so nice. I never saw in detail how his family was grilling her (until right now as I'm typing and watching a previos episode). A-holes. Why didn't Justin defend her?

Is Chelsea hearing impaired? Why does she talk like that??? She and Yamir (Nicaragua) are both really icky IMO. If he was such a big rock star back in Central America, why doesn't he have any money now?

I think Mohammed (Tunisia) wasn't totally unfair. He's from a male-dominated culture and I guess he feels like he has no control over anything now. IDK...

eta2 - Cassia has a really beautiful head of curly hair. I hope she gets her color situation worked out :?

I'm just sitting here nodding my head in agreement while reading this. Lol.

I think Amy's father coming around was nice to see. I didn't like some of the comments he made though. But, you can't change his views. At least they somewhat connected at the end of the episode. I can't wait to see their wedding!

Cassia.....I would totally leave that dude. She does have pretty curls but that color....yikes!!! I don't understand how they are still together. They seem to fight more than anything. I don't know. I just hate watching them.

I was really glad that Daya and her man were looking at places of their own. I think that'll definitely help their relationship.

As for Mohammed. I definitely think he's in it for the green card. I mean, he made the comment about having to wait so long. It just seems.....fishy to me. He doesn't seem to really love her. He wasn't like, "Yes, I love you and want to spend my life with you." Instead he was like, "Yes, but you have to do what you promised." Just something about the way he said it. Weird.....

Chelsea or whatever and Myla Vox dude. Oh LORD. Even her mother was like, you have to compromise and she just sat there like, "yeah right." I am glad that he came to a compromise with her about moving in a year, but I kind of feel like she should have been more supportive. He did move around the world for her. I don't know how I feel about them either. They're just okay to watch. Hahaha.

Eveline is a sweetheart and I'm glad she convinced him to have some of his family at the wedding. Although, you can leave that sister in law out. She's rude. I was extremely happy for the mom though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

I'm just sitting here nodding my head in agreement while reading this. Lol.

I think Amy's father coming around was nice to see. I didn't like some of the comments he made though. But, you can't change his views. At least they somewhat connected at the end of the episode. I can't wait to see their wedding!

Cassia.....I would totally leave that dude. She does have pretty curls but that color....yikes!!! I don't understand how they are still together. They seem to fight more than anything. I don't know. I just hate watching them.

I was really glad that Daya and her man were looking at places of their own. I think that'll definitely help their relationship.

As for Mohammed. I definitely think he's in it for the green card. I mean, he made the comment about having to wait so long. It just seems.....fishy to me. He doesn't seem to really love her. He wasn't like, "Yes, I love you and want to spend my life with you." Instead he was like, "Yes, but you have to do what you promised." Just something about the way he said it. Weird.....

Chelsea or whatever and Myla Vox dude. Oh LORD. Even her mother was like, you have to compromise and she just sat there like, "yeah right." I am glad that he came to a compromise with her about moving in a year, but I kind of feel like she should have been more supportive. He did move around the world for her. I don't know how I feel about them either. They're just okay to watch. Hahaha.

Eveline is a sweetheart and I'm glad she convinced him to have some of his family at the wedding. Although, you can leave that sister in law out. She's rude. I was extremely happy for the mom though.

Honestly, I think in many cases, getting a US green card is a part of the motivation for K-1 immigrants moving here. Not a bad thing and doesn't invalidate their love for their fiancee...just adds another dimension onto their rationale for agreeing to the move. The US is a fantastic place to live (all things considered) and with a green card they retain the ability to travel back and forth to their home country as often as they want and earn enough that they can send money home.

I have to go back and watch the first episode; I wondering if it says how Mohammed (Tunisia) and Danielle started their relationship or what made him want to be w/ her. I saw a flashback to an earlier scene where he said he found her "acceptable" I guess when someone was questioning whether or not he was seriously considering marrying her.

I'm wondering if Mohammed were planning on committing immigration fraud by marrying her just to get a green card, why he would agree to do the show and place himself under so much more scrutiny. Also, he's nice looking and I'm sure there are plenty of attractive and moderately attractive women whom he could dupe or openly work out an arrangement with to get a green card. Why her??? It seems so ludacrous. He knows Immigration and Naturalization Services will be all over them w/ a fine-tooth comb. It seems like he is setting himself up for so many headaches by choosing such an unlikely woman to marry.

I can't help but think Yamir (Nicaragua, Myla Vox) believed his career would take off by moving to the states. Not saying he doesn't love Chelsea but didn't he leave home at the height of the band's popularity? Did he understand beforehand that Chelsea is from a small town in the middle of nowhere and wanted to move back there and stay put? Was that discussed?

I feel bad for Cassia (Brazil). She's just a trophy to Jason...one that he will soon stick in a corner somewhere and forget to even dust off occasionally. I don't think he means her any harm but some men are just better off staying single or being w/ a more practical-minded woman.

I think this same thing every.single.time. I see her hair.

Dani - They haven't gotten married yet. Probably tomorrow.
    So....that episode last night.

Only 3% of people watching thought Mohammed and Danielle would make it down the aisle. I'm surprised they did, but that definitely doesn't mean they're going to last! That whole thing about kissing was weird. He should have just gave her a kiss on the cheek (assuming that was allowed since he did it anyway), instead of taking time to explain it. I feel like people there didn't believe him. I don't know. Just weird. And their first dance, even more awkward. Just doesn't seem like two people in love to me.

However, Amy and Danny. Loved their wedding! I think they are definitely in love and it shows. I thought it was beautifully done and tasteful. I really liked how his dad gave her a hug and a kiss after the wedding. That was nice. The sex torch thing, not so much.

Waiting to see if Daya marries that guy. I can never remember his name. I feel like his mother was being rude by saying that within earshot. I also feel like he should have let them hash it out right then and there instead of asking his mother to leave. They obviously need to get it out in the open. I go back and forth on this one. I feel like they want to be together but I don't know if it will last.

Cassia officially needs to leave that guy. Leaving her alone like that was seriously horrible. I would have gotten up and left. He's shown her time and time again that he doesn't really care how she's feeling. What makes her think it's going to be different after marriage? i wouldn't even spend my time on it anymore. And hit up a salon on your way out. Lol.

I can't wait to see the next episode. It's like watching a train wreck. I'm pretty sure it's all probably fake, but I don't care. It is intriguing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

I missed it again! Dangit! I will have to watch it online.

I'm really curious about the kiss btwn Danielle and mohammed!:silent:

I don't think it's fake. Heavily edited? Yes. Fake? No. These ppl applied for legal documents and have to go thru the process. That's why I like it!

Yeah, I like Amy and Danny.:love4:

I don't think it's fake. Heavily edited? Yes. Fake? No. These ppl applied for legal documents and have to go thru the process. That's why I like it!

True. I don't see television the same way that I used to after working with a guy who used to work in the film industry. He ruined House Hunters for me. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

True. I don't see television the same way that I used to after working with a guy who used to work in the film industry. He ruined House Hunters for me. Lol.

What did he say about House Hunters!?

Judge Judy tried to get me on her show after I filed against a former friend in small claims court yrs ago...so I still have a tiny bit of faith LOL

Judge Judy tried to get me on her show after I filed against a former friend in small claims court yrs ago...so I still have a tiny bit of faith LOL

You're renewing my faith!!!!

He basically told me about how they already have the house and live in for a good few months, maybe even a year. And when they are on the show, the show comes in and stages it and finds two other homes that are similar even though they already bought their house. So, the choice was already made and the people have actually been living in the home and they just find two random houses to present a fake choice to viewers. I still love watching it though. I love seeing all of the different marketplaces and areas of the United States, and the world if you watch House Hunters International.

I definitely think some things are exaggerated. I don't know if Danny's dad was really that racist, but I get that they have to meet ratings and such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

He basically told me about how they already have the house and live in for a good few months, maybe even a year. And when they are on the show, the show comes in and stages it and finds two other homes that are similar even though they already bought their house. So, the choice was already made and the people have actually been living in the home and they just find two random houses to present a fake choice to viewers. I still love watching it though. I love seeing all of the different marketplaces and areas of the United States, and the world if you watch House Hunters International.

I definitely think some things are exaggerated. I don't know if Danny's dad was really that racist, but I get that they have to meet ratings and such.

Awww that sux. But yeah, it's just fun to see what kinds of houses are on the market.

But sometimes the house they buy needs major work. And when they interview them supposedly after they have been living in it for a few months, the work has been done. Like new kitchen cabinets, new carpet, etc., like expensive work. Maybe they catch them right after they buy it but before they actually move in?

Awww that sux. But yeah, it's just fun to see what kinds of houses are on the market.

But sometimes the house they buy needs major work. And when they interview them supposedly after they have been living in it for a few months, the work has been done. Like new kitchen cabinets, new carpet, etc., like expensive work. Maybe they catch them right after they buy it but before they actually move in?

Honestly, I think it varies. I wouldn't blame them for catching them after the sale has gone through. Maybe that guy was just cynical about it. Lol. I don't know. I find it hard to believe that it is that staged. I mean, wouldn't it take more money to do that? Also, haven't there been episodes where the sale didn't happen? I can't really remember. Either way, I love that show.

I'm so interested to see if Mohammed leaves Danielle (like in the previews for the next episode).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

So I caught up on the latest episode. Amy and Danny's wedding really did bring tears to my eyes. They said they were each other's best friend. Awwwww:love6:. ooops, I mean :love8: (I still can't get over how young they are, tho! She's only 21!)

I wonder if she will discuss how the wedding night went. It seems his family is pretty invested in that going well. LOL

I feel bad for Cassia! (Have I already said that??) Jason seems to love her in his own kooky way but clearly it's not enough for her; they have different emotional needs. I thought for sure she was gonna get her hair colored for the wedding, tho.

Yes, i'm looking fwd to seeing Mohammed's little temper tantrum next week.:neutral:

So tacky for Brett to have had that discussion w/ his mother w/ Daya right in the next room. The mother needs to shut the hell up. He is a grown man and already divorced once. I went thru that w/ my SIL before I got married. Very uncool.

This is such an enjoyable show!

So I caught up on the latest episode. Amy and Danny's wedding really did bring tears to my eyes. They said they were each other's best friend. Awwwww:love6:. ooops, I mean :love8: (I still can't get over how young they are, tho! She's only 21!)

I wonder if she will discuss how the wedding night went. It seems his family is pretty invested in that going well. LOL

I feel bad for Cassia! (Have I already said that??) Jason seems to love her in his own kooky way but clearly it's not enough for her; they have different emotional needs. I thought for sure she was gonna get her hair colored for the wedding, tho.

Yes, i'm looking fwd to seeing Mohammed's little temper tantrum next week.:neutral:

So tacky for Brett to have had that discussion w/ his mother w/ Daya right in the next room. The mother needs to shut the hell up. He is a grown man and already divorced once. I went thru that w/ my SIL before I got married. Very uncool.

This is such an enjoyable show!

I agree. I thought their wedding was adorable. She seems so much older based on her maturity level though. They're definitely a cute couple.

I feel bad for Cassia as well. I think you're right about him loving her, just in his own way. I don't think he's used to spending so much time with another person and is used to being alone and doing things when/how he wants to do them. I definitely think you're right about them having different emotional needs. He doesn't seem to get it. I was heartbroken that she was left all alone. That hair color though.....still waiting for her to change it.

Brett is super rude for having that conversation right in the other room. And for not really sticking up for her either. I mean, they could have gone outside or went for a walk or something. And then Daya starts talking about his mom being paranoid and his mom hears and walks in. Just a bad situation. It seemed like they just needed time to talk it out between the two of them and Brett needed to let them. Way too much drama.

And Mohammed. I just don't like him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

I finally saw the first episode. I think I have one or two more to see to be fully caught up. I love this show! Gonna watch a few outtakes.

You can say what you wanna say, DaniGirl but Mohamed is kinda sexy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file