I like nc/I don't like nc/I like nc/I don't like nc

SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I still miss the way the board was a few years ago. I do regret some of the trouble I started, my public meltdowns with mental issues, and the people who have gone away. I do like nc and I don't like nc. It's a coin toss for me.

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi Speckla! I hope you're doing better.

So many people have had meltdowns on this board, I wouldn't worry about it :)
    I don't recall you doing anything I'd describe as a meltdown, though.
  • SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi! It was during the two years that I was on too many medications and having major problems and it took a long time to figure out I was over-medicated.... it was a crappy time but it's past. I was being tested for all sorts of emotional and mental conditions when all I needed was to be taken off the meds because I was misdiagnosed and they weren't helping.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,751Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I remember the problems you were having, but I do think everyone understood. No problem. Glad you are back on here posting. You were missed. Do I like NC, yes. I don't come here that often anymore becuz it's boring to me. I don't care what people are watching, wearing, or eating. That seems to be much of the topics now.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I second and third the ladies. I can remember you having problems but you never bothered me. Not in the slightest.

I am glad you figured out what was going on. Isn't it amazing that some meds can do that? I had a friend who had a very hard time for over a year before they discovered his meds were doing it. They actually increased bipolar tendencies he had never experienced before and he became a completely different person. I was glad when doctors discovered a simple solution.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Add to the top of the list the stupid psychiatrist would said it was ok to have a nightly glass of wine while taking those meds. Really? I couldn't think straight and didn't see anything wrong with it. It just further messed me up and I wasn't thinking logically to see how stupid that was. I lost a lot of friends IRL and nearly was fired and my husband was ready to leave until it was found out just what I was taking and I'm ok now that I'm off it. I was too ashamed to tell anyone what I was taking because I thought I was crazy for real. I ended up in the hospital with and OD (not intentional) and it was found out then. Thank Bob it wasn't fatal.
    ((((((Speck)))))) I am thanking Bob too and so sorry that happened. That might have been the only way they discovered it, which is the silver lining, but :( I hate you went thru that, all of it.

*The guy I mentioned started physically abusing his wife. I'be known him since I was 12. Completely out of his character. Things got pretty bad and it took an unfortunate event for him to find out. Makes you wonder how common reactions like this are.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Speck - I don't remember you having any meltdowns but I can just about remember what I ate for breakfast so no worries. Glad to see you! :love7:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,155Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    ^^fifi and Speckla - it happens more than you'd think. It's frightening how many people we've seen (and this is just a small private hospital) who improve markedly when their medications are reduced/rationalised/stopped.
    3b in South Australia.
    It is scary. It still stings a little that 'friends' I had at work will not talk to me or interact with me beyond what is expected of the job. I understand why they act like that but I just wish I could explain truly what was happening during that time. But it's all in the past and I'm not really looking to reopen old wounds. I'm not looking to be BFFs with anyone either. It's best to just keep my head up and keep going forward and work.

I certainly remember some crazy posts. LOL Do a search of my name now....and the account of Speckla (don't think you can because it was deactivated when I had an online stalker) before I went offline.

Old new, old hat.... I'm not the old me but the me I should have been...
    It can be hard. It took some time for me to speak to my friend in public BUT he was hitting my other friend and his, at that time, young children were calling me in the middle night when their parents fought. People went to jail. They had hard feelings toward b/c me because of that... A mess. I still understood what went on with him and that it wasn't his fault but it took a little while to settle down. I am sure they will come around, too.

Interesting Starmie . I know I get a lot of calls on the elderly having bad reactions when new medications are introduced. When we get the calls the symptoms can range from confused to somewhat combative but mostly lethargic. They are usually being closely monitored by family who calls a day or two in to the change. We never know with younger age groups or it may be harder to determine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file