Big curly crazy hair but barren back

naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
Okay, so I have a special event coming up this week and been playing around with my hair gel recipe and technique to get bigger hair (since I'm low density). I over conditioned and weighed down my hair/pulled out curl, but still got my hair to be big and poofy, like this:
b2949f5e-c24f-41c4-ba54-0f26c4154066.png
ScreenShot2014-11-22at82735PM.png

I used ice queen and diffused upside down too. It leaves this barren spot in back of my head. I could fool the camera by positioning my hair like this:
ScreenShot2014-11-22at83014PM.png
However, people seeing me in person are going to see this in back:
ScreenShot2014-11-22at82856PM.png

When I try to pull back my hair that flipped forward to the back, I get separated ramen noodles and lost curl (though in part it could be that I made my gel a little too sticky, slightly too much protein). It's partly the gel that is making my hair bigger, and partly the technique. If I give up the whole upside down thing I won't have as good clumps or volume. But I also want my hair to be acceptable in back. Any suggestions? I'm getting down to the wire so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

3A/f/i
Super baby fine hair, low porosity
Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file