fine hair and beak/Ficcare type hair clips - anyone using them?

Do any of you use beak clips (Ficcare type clips) when you put your hair up? I'm thinking about trying one, but I generally have issues with clips and pins staying put in my fine yet denser hair. My hair seems "slippery" when I put it up, like it doesn't have any grab to it.

I used to have this octopus clip I liked, then I dropped it and broke it :angry3: I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement, and was interested in trying a beak clip instead (it covers a lot of hair ground. I'm concerned that it too will be heavy and pull the style out eventually.

Other alternative options welcome - I have an Ulta coupon burning a hole in my pocket and this seems like a good way to spend it 8)

Thanks!
Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
:thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I had Ficcare beak clips a few years ago and ended up selling them to other people. I have a small head and something about the arc of the beak clip wasn't comfortable against my head. I liked the Maximas clip better. Also, I don't think the beak clips held my hair as comfortably as the Maximas clip. They are pretty though!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file