Recommendation for products???

crazymeowladycrazymeowlady Posts: 1Registered Users
Im not sure what products to use for my hair that works.. i have long 3b curls but i have lots of frizz and dryness, i feel if i can find a hair routine that fixes these i will have more defined curls. Right now the curls that have no frizz look really and curly but i just need all my hair to be like that! Can anyone recommend any products?

Comments

• russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would recommend a good co-wash for you. As I Am makes a really good one. Then, follow up with a thick rinse-out conditioner (a moisturizing one) and a nice creamy leave-in. I really like Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Creme.

Deep conditioning once a week would also be a great idea. I really like Shea Moisture Masques.

Some other products I'd recommend would be Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie and Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Also, sealing ends with a light oil would be good too.

Check out the feeds on the LOC method.

Hope that helps and happy Thanksgiving!
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • curlyfoolcurlyfool Posts: 2Registered Users
    Maybe some of what I use would help you. :)

I have long 3a curls with the some frizz. I use Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner as a cowash, and then Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat as a conditioner, although I recently bought Giovanni 50:50 Balanced conditioner to try it out. I think it's all CG!

I also have/used the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted scrunching gel. It works for some people, but it's too drying for my hair. I'm still in the market for CG products for defining my curls and a good conditioner, preferably ones that smell good, so I'm definitely interested in seeing the replies to this thread!
  • russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried Kinky Curly Curling Custard? That's probably the least drying gel I've tried. It's expensive at first but it lasts forever!

Also, do you deep condition at all? My hair LOVES deep conditioning days. Oh yeah, and Shea Moisture (where I get my DCs) is having a 30% off sale today!
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • crushcrush Posts: 53Registered Users
    Have you tried the curl activator or reactivator l'i creams? I've had good luck with the Cantu brand at Walmart. sometimes I add a little oil with the cream.
    For some reason my hair does not like coconut oils. I use Suave aloe cond as a cowash.
    Good Luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file