Having kids with natural hair

natalia.9100natalia.9100 Posts: 1Registered Users
My 19 month old has hair type3b he is really young will his hair type change? I don't know if a baby's hair type changes as they get older or does it Stay the same all throughout life? Should I start figuring out his hair care regimen now or do I wait?

Comments

• MsPMsP Posts: 116Registered Users
    Type 3b hair is really easy to care for, especially since it is a boy who will probably only keep a few inches if hair on his head at any time. I would say KISS Keep It Simple Sister. Just keep his hair nicely trimmed. And don't shampoo excessively. In fact I would suggest you just use cream rinse conditioners as if it were shampoo for type 3b. For short type 3b hair,I really would not worry about styling products. If it seems dry, then look for one of the leave in curl creams or curl milk products available for curly hair.
    Type 3b hair is really simple to deal with. Think of less is best and try not to dry it out by using shampoos.
    My Routine:
    Coconut oil drench the night before I co-wash
    then cowash and deep condition each time w/ Keracare Humecto, Joico Moisture Recovery and/or ApHogee 2min
    then usually airdry
    Grapeseed oil nightly

(no gel, mouse, or hair spray. My delicate, fine hair will tear if I even try to run my fingers through it with any of those. :angel9:)
    My go to leave ins are now: my regular conditioners listed above, gs oil, or PW77
  • SeraphoidSeraphoid Posts: 2Registered Users
    MsP wrote: »
    Type 3b hair is really easy to care for, especially since it is a boy who will probably only keep a few inches if hair on his head at any time. I would say KISS Keep It Simple Sister. Just keep his hair nicely trimmed. And don't shampoo excessively. In fact I would suggest you just use cream rinse conditioners as if it were shampoo for type 3b. For short type 3b hair,I really would not worry about styling products. If it seems dry, then look for one of the leave in curl creams or curl milk products available for curly hair.
    Type 3b hair is really simple to deal with. Think of less is best and try not to dry it out by using shampoos.
    I need to try out your method
    shea moisture curl milk coconut hibiscus is causing zits and scalb itching
  • EverydayCurlsEverydayCurls Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Novice
    You never really know if hair will change or not. My hair when I was young only had a slight wave (maybe 2a, or less) until puberty where it became 3b. If neither you or the dad had that happen though, then it might not for you son. Considering that there are many years before puberty, there is no harm in finding a routine now and changing it later if necessary.

Current Products:

• Homemade Shampoo
    • Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    • AG Recoil Curl Activator
    • AG Plastique
      + Plopping Overnight

www.joyfulmeadow.com

www.facebook.com/joyfulmeadow

www.instagram.com/joyful.meadow

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji