Rate this Look: Cycle 3 # 3

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
I am tired of this devil, I am tired of this stuff, I am tired of this business, so when the going gets rough, rate this look on a scale from 1-10 (10 is the highest).

jennifer-aniston-1-290.jpg

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    YEA!!! Rate this look is back.

I give it a 10. It's ivory and black, which is still great contrast but softer than white and black. I love the ruffle on the blouse - that's what makes it a 10 for me. Also the blouse is belted which shows off her waist.

Longer skirt is newish, looks good with the shoes. I'm too short to wear this look successfully, but I love it!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I give it an 8 for being a nice, classic, outfit but am removing a few points because I might feel the ruffle is attacking me. I'm not sure. What is your function other than annoying my arm when I brush up against you??
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    9/10. The shoes don't thrill me.
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like it... I would totally wear that outfit to work, so um maybe it's a little too understated for the red (blue) carpet? And her feet look uncomfortable in those shoes.

7/10
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like the look minus the ruffle.
    Her feet look like they hurt. I like the shoes, though, but not with the painful looking foot sticking out of it.

I'm looking closer now, the left foot looks painful, but her calf looks like she shaved with a farm implement, so perhaps her foot is actually injured
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The piggies do look a little punished. Like she needed a shoe horn and a jar of Vaseline to make those work. I can't stand heels that show any part of toes. Peeps, whatever. Sandals are a different story but that makes heels look 10 times more painful to me .
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    The general look is one I love in theory, but I'll give it a 7.

The top seems like it could fit a bit better (come in more at the sides near the bust) and although I love midi skirts, it seems like it would be cuter if it ended a little higher, though still under the knee. And her feet do look uncomfortably stuffed into the shoes. With those slight tweaks the whole look would be neater, smoother...have a more immediate chic factor.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    SICK OF THAT HAIR! Love the top and skirt. Shoes are nice as well.

21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    7, lose the ruffle, she needs a better choice of shoes (her feet look like they hurt, red and irritated), and I wish she would go back to curly or at least wavy. A nice wavy bob.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CurlTalk App

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I agree with you about the hair, juanab. She looks so pretty when she lets her waves show.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I think she looks great. I think she always looks great, tho. She is one of the best dressed women in Hollywood IMO. She is the queen of cool, casual chic...and of neutrals. For red carpet looks all the way to a trip to the supermarket. Might be boring for some tastes but I like that she is always looks like Jennifer Aniston. I LOVE this little top! The belt is perfect and the little superfluous ruffle is so cute. The skirt? Well, what can you say? I'm wearing one right now that looks exactly the same. Could be more to it but that's Jen. I think her hair, make up and nails are right on. Other than the shoes (which are just a boring cliche anymore...blah), she killed it. I'm giving her a 9.

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I give it a 7. It fits her beautifully and is very classy, head to toe. Her hair is a little boring as it always is, but not enough to deduct a point. The skirt is a little too long for me and her feet do look a little pinched, tho I like the shoes otherwise (thank god the platform hooker shoes are going away). And I wish there was a pop of color (turquoise? red?) with jewelry or purse or something.

Oh and I need to add that I love her mostly because she never looks like a starving skeleton. She looks like a healthy beautiful woman any time I see her on tv or in magazines.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I give it a 7. It fits her beautifully and is very classy, head to toe. Her hair is a little boring as it always is, but not enough to deduct a point. The skirt is a little too long for me and her feet do look a little pinched, tho I like the shoes otherwise (thank god the platform hooker shoes are going away). And I wish there was a pop of color (turquoise? red?) with jewelry or purse or something.

Oh and I need to add that I love her mostly because she never looks like a starving skeleton. She looks like a healthy beautiful woman any time I see her on tv or in magazines.

If you squint, you can see red nails. LOL

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I give it a solid 9. I'm taking off a point for the shoes. To me, ultra-pointy shoes look old-lady.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file