heat damage

latinalatina Posts: 1Registered Users
Al im loking for is tips..so I can recover
My hair type is 3b

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My experience with heat damage is that you have to cut it out. It can't be fixed.
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Moving forward: cowash, deep condition and use a leave in conditioner that will hydrate the hair.
  • WildfoxWildfox Posts: 148Registered Users
    I had a lot of heat damage from constant flat ironing. I got a deva cut In January and swore of heat for six months. I deep conditioned several times a week and started incorporating co-washing and other cg techniques. The biggest help, besides adequate moisturizing, was frequent protein treatments. Through babying my hair the middle section reverted back to curly after several months, and it's now curlier than it's been in years. All in all I probably cut off around 6-7 inches in total from that first cut and subsequent trims I did myself as needed, but over time so I retained most of my length.
  • Imani530Imani530 Posts: 58Registered Users
    Check out youtber MoKnowsHair she has type 3A/3B and she has tons of recovery videos.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Use a protein conditioner or gelatin treatment to try and fill the gaps between the cuticles. Get a trim often to take off any dead ends. I got mine trimmed every 4-6 weeks when I was growing my damage out. Stop whatever it was that you were doing to damage it, until your hair starts feeling and looking healthy again. Time will vary, depending on extent of damage and how long your hair is.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights