Does anyone get partial squares or ...

ThirtyThirty Posts: 7Registered Users
Z shapes in their hair ? Also does anyone have low porosity , so much that their hair never sinks in the water test?
I'm not complaining , I like my hair .

What is your routine , what products do you use ?

Thirty -
3C /low porosity/ medium/ high density
Low poo scalp only/ Suave Cond/ Leave in Suave- Regis Ultimate Radiance : air dry wet- No plopping

Thirty-medium.jpg

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The float test is notoriously unreliable. Unless you send your hair off to have your properties determined from microscopic evaluation, the best "test" for porosity is dry time. My hair is fine/low porosity/low density. Before I came onto nc.com and started to use good product/technique, I'd wash my hair, towel dry, diffuse around 6am. By 11:30, it would still be damp in the under layers. High porosity and hour or two and normal porosity somewhere in the middle.

I'm a pj. My current favorites are in my signature. I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. Seldom use any one product more then once in five days, it that. My hair LOVES protein. I do a PT every week and use a lot of products with protein. If my products don't have protein, I use a protein spray as my first layer on.

I put my products into soaking wet hair, wrap in a Curlease towel while I dress/makeup, etc. Then, I scrunch with a CLU towel, diffuse, clip my bangs off my face and wait a few hours for it to dry before I SOTC.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThirtyThirty Posts: 7Registered Users
    That's good to know about the water test. Product wise , I was a wash & go with Suave Naturals leave in and that was it. Then I was given a bottle of Ultimate Radiance , and my hair liked it immediately . Awesome curls and hold all day. That has been the only product that has worked so well with my hair thus far.
    Thirty -
    3C /low porosity/ medium/ high density
    Low poo scalp only/ Suave Cond/ Leave in Suave- Regis Ultimate Radiance : air dry wet- No plopping

Thirty-medium.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file