Have you ever returned shoes...

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
and you wore VERY briefly and had MINIMAL signs of wear, and they were not accepted for a refund?

No lecturing: I bought them with full intention of keeping them. But after wearing them to work, found they were excrutiating. I walked around the carpeted area of my houe but couldn't tell they would be so painful after I put them thru the real paces. IMO there was no way for me to avoid this. I spent a lot and don't want to eat the cost, if possible.

I did not buy them from Zappos, where returns are free and they are very forgiving of minimal signs of wear. I bought from a seller on ebay that offers returns of unworn shoes...but not for free.

So I'm planning to pay for the return postage. No biggie. But what if the shoes get there and the seller doesn't want to refund my money bc they are too worn looking? Will he/she pay to mail them back to me? Or do I have to pay a third postage charge to have them returned to me (so I can sell them as used or consign them)?

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Can you take close up pics and send them first?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Can you take close up pics and send them first?

That's a great idea. But could I also be admitting "guilt" by doing that? Or drawing the seller's attn to something that might have otherwise gone unnoticed?

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Do you have to tell them they are used, or are you sending them back hoping they'll think they are still new?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Do you have to tell them they are used, or are you sending them back hoping they'll think they are still new?

I guess more the latter.

But the way I see it is that all shoes are going to be worn before being sent back (unless they just sent the wrong shoe or the wrong color or something). When I buy shoes online, I assume they've all been worn by someone else and I can tell many have been by looking at them. I don't think it's realistic to be in the online shoe business and think none of your returns have touched the floor/ground.

Am I wrong?

Nope, I thing you're good to go!

I didn't even know something like that service existed....off to see what's available!
    Audrey Hepburn
    Ooops, I said this:
    I bought from a seller on ebay that offers returns of used shoes...but not for free.

But really meant this:
    I bought from a seller on ebay that offers returns of unworn shoes...but not for free.

:mad:

I just consider "unworn" to be a somewhat amiguous term in shoe land. But this seller might not agree.

Haha!!! I was so confused what the issue was if they took used shoes back! I thought that was kinda neat!
    Audrey Hepburn
  • koolkurlkoolkurl Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Spider...what signs of wear do they have? Do you think they will notice?
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    In general many vendors won't take shoes back if the bottoms are scuffed which of course happens once you walk on a hard surface. But still see! You never know.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Depending on how expensive the shoes were, and how much postage is, I'd give it a try!

I take shoes back to the store all of the time. It's not like I don't try them on there, but after getting them home and wearing them, I can tell if they won't be comfortable. I hate shoe shopping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can't buy shoes online because I would never be able to tell if they fit properly but I've returned shoes I've worn to dept. stores. I never had a problem. Good luck - I hope it works out for you.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • koolkurlkoolkurl Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If the seller refuses to give you a refund you could contact the manufacturer
    about it.
  • SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 186Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've returned shoes that had visible wear that were not comfortable at all. Sometimes you have to wear shoes for a bit to know if they'll be ok or not. All new shoes are stiff and need time to become broken in. They should take them back with no issue because it's not unreasonable to wear them for a bit and it's normal for them to have a bit of wear from being worn. How else can you know for sure if they will be ok or not?
    I agree w/ you speckla...but I can see it possibly being hard to resell the shoes to someone else if they look too worn.

But yay! the seller took them back. However, the seller charged me a 15% "restocking fee" which I had failed to read about prior to buying them. They were pricey shoes...so that fee was kinda high. I'm going to look out for that next time; not worth it to me.

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I did this recently with a pair of Vibrams. One shoe fit great, the other was too tight. After wearing them for 2 days and buying them online, I wasn't going to waste that money on a pair I will never wear again. I cleaned them up a bit (wish I would have had magic erasers at the time) and sent them back hoping they wouldn't tell they had been worn. They gave me a refund.

I wondered what they would do if they didn't accept them, lucky for me I didn't have to find out. I'd be curious to know as well.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights