We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Temporary Color

ggard85ggard85 Posts: 186Registered Users
I have dark brown hair but am interested in temporarily coloring my hair a red or purple. Can anyone recommend a good temporary hair color?

Sent from my SM-G900P using CurlTalk App

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users
    Some manic panic shades may show up on your hair. They wash out in 6-8 weeks. The colour won't be bright and if your hair is porous the colour may linger longer.
  • ggard85ggard85 Posts: 186Registered Users
    Blueblood wrote: »
    Some manic panic shades may show up on your hair. They wash out in 6-8 weeks. The colour won't be bright and if your hair is porous the colour may linger longer.

But it will eventually all rinse out right?
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users
    If your hair is porous no. If your hair isn't then yes it will wash out.

So if your hair is damaged or previously dyed then don't use it if you want to ensure it comes out.

The colours bleed heavily when you wash your hair and the dye can get everywhere i.e. on bedding until it starts fading.

If you search on the web there are galleries showing what the colours will look like on non-dyed hair of different natural colours.
  • heartincloverheartinclover Posts: 33Registered Users
    Manic Panic fades completely from my porous & bleached to level 10 from natural black hair, so it should fade out of your non-bleached hair. If it lingers longer than you'd like, you can do a vitamin C treatment ( crushed up vitamin C pills mixed with a sulfate shampoo or dish soap works best). You should be able to cover it up with a dark demi dye that matches your natural color if you want to avoid the drying properties of sulfate shampoos/dish soap.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file