What are your fashion resolutions?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
1. I'm not wearing/keeping any shoes that are not comfortable. (Adding gel pads or heel grips is OK tho.)

2. I'm not buying anything pink, purple or red ever again. (Red coats/jackets are still a possibility tho.)

3. Quality before quantity (10x)

4. I'm fine with my "uniform." I know what I like and what works for me and I will run it till the wheels fall off.

5. I will never wear a holey, stretched out, damaged, ill-fitting bra ever again.

Comments

• WildfoxWildfox Posts: 148Registered Users
    Holding off on buying anything expensive until I've lost weight and returned to my "normal" size (I've went up 2 sizes in the past year).

Not following 'of the moment' trends and asking myself "do I really like this or did I just see a bunch of hot women on Instagram wearing something like it?"

And lastly, dressing more for myself and my comfort than trying too hard to look sexy, hide flaws, or grab the attention of others.
  • eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not wearing or buying any more floral clothing! Or at least reserve that for the summer.It's all about the checks for me right now

Never buying dresses or clothing on eBay that are not brand new with tags with photographic evidence. I've been sold a few "brand new" dresses or things that have "only been worn once", when I get them they stink of smoke and have holes in them.

Not buying anything a size too small in the hopes that it will motivate me to lose weight. It doesn't and it just takes up space in my wardrobe.

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Once I retire - no more blazers! I hate looking corporate.

No more heels. I have pretty feet and don't want to torture them anymore. There are plenty of pretty shoes that aren't heels.

No pallid, drab colors that wash me out.

Quality over quantity - always.

No leather (except shoes/purse) because it is too hard looking. Soft suede jackets are fine.

No little old lady stuff, phooey.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Trying to venture out of my comfort zone and into things that still look nice but aren't the same as every other piece of clothing I have. For example, just bought my first pair of skinny jeans and a wrap sweater.

Also, trying to stop buying black as my go to color and incorporate brighter colors into my wardrobe.

Lastly, I want to expand my shoe selection with shoes that fit and fit well. So sick of paying a lower price and then having them hurt/fall apart so I don't wear them. You really do pay for what you get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had so many resolutions in the past just from making mistakes and taking note not to repeat them that now I think I have things more or less figured out. Some of them were:
    -Buying things I really like, and not clothes that look just "okay". I want my clothes to be items that I love.
    - Ignoring hanger appeal. It's about how I look in the clothes. If it doesn't look right in my body or if I have to keep tugging it, it's a no.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm.... I don't really have any fashion resolutions. I always try clothes on which is why I rarely order any item of clothing and never order shoes online. I like looking at trends but don't really care if something is on trend or not. They always cycle back around so I always have the latest trends in my closet, even if it's 8 years old, and I wear it when I feel like it. I can't say I have a set style but damn it, I'm stylish. ;) I've not been able to wear heels for extended periods of time since I had my foot surgeries in high school so most of my shoes are comfortable. If I find a pair I love or want to wear somewhere; I make sure it's an occasion where I will be sitting most of the time. I will still wear old concert tee's or shirts I love until they get holes. Then I will wear them around the house to sleep or clean in until they fall apart, and then I will turn the scraps into cleaning rags.

The only things I would like to do is dress up a little more just because. I used to do that more and only because I love clothes and loved doing it. I'd still wear my jeans and tees but that seems to be what I am in 98% of the time now. I also need to ease up on my pajamas. I have way too many. I'm pj obsessed. After I work 12 hours I want to lounge.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am a clothes hoarder and a half! I can say that too. I have 3 closets full of clothes and I still have my brothers Lynyrd Skynyrd shirts from the 70's. I stole all their concert tee's and creased jeans. I don't think that will change, ever. For every one item I donate or toss I end up buying 2 more to replace it:
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    I am a clothes hoarder and a half! I can say that too. I have 3 closets full of clothes and I still have my brothers Lynyrd Skynyrd shirts from the 70's. I stole all their concert tee's and creased jeans. I don't think that will change, ever. For every one item I donate or toss I end up buying 2 more to replace it:

Ugh- this is my biggest problem! In the last year I've gotten rid of at least 6 large black garbage bags worth of clothing (I give my friends dibs, then donate the rest). My closet is still full and then some. Part of the issue is the pants in 4 different sizes (resolution 1: get rid of larger sizes as I lose weight). I've conceded that I also have a "uniform," but resolution 2 is to go a little outside the comfort zone now and then (case in point, bought skinny jeans).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file