Curl cream rec?

MaggieTMaggieT Posts: 178Registered Users Curl Novice
Hey everyone! Post baby, some of my old products don't work, and Deva Styling Cream just somehow isn't the thing anymore. Looking for a good rec!

I have 3a/b fine, normal-porosity hair that's below my shoulders, prone to breakage, and that I'm looking to grow longer. I'm using the CJ shampoo and a variety of condishes (CJ Curl Rehab, Shea Moisture hibiscus, SM Noni and Monoi) and then a little CJ CCCCL leave-in.

I'd like a curl cream that weights the hair a little, lengthens/defines curls, and helps with frizz. No crunch is a plus, as is not too $$$! I've just tried Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls, and the glycerin in it is not my friend.

Thank you!!!
--
3b, fine, medium density, normal porosity
Wash: Deva No Poo, sometime Phytojoba, Avalon lemon when needs clarifying
Rinse-out: Deva One Condition, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening, Phytojoba (kinda heavy for my hair but good noisture)
DT: CJ CCCCL, or KCKT
Leave-in: Phytokeratine, CCCCL
Styling: Deva Coconut Supercream or their Wave Maker with a little CS over the top

Comments

• SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've seen some get good results from the new loreal curl tamer styling cream. I've used noodle head in the past (from Sally's),

I like using mixed chicks as a style cream (when I have the money) bc of the hold it has. One bottle lasts me about a month tho.

Congrats on your new baby! 😁

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • MsPMsP Posts: 116Registered Users
    MaggieT wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Post baby, some of my old products don't work, and Deva Styling Cream just somehow isn't the thing anymore. Looking for a good rec!

I have 3a/b fine, normal-porosity hair that's below my shoulders, prone to breakage, and that I'm looking to grow longer. I'm using the CJ shampoo and a variety of condishes (CJ Curl Rehab, Shea Moisture hibiscus, SM Noni and Monoi) and then a little CJ CCCCL leave-in.

I'd like a curl cream that weights the hair a little, lengthens/defines curls, and helps with frizz. No crunch is a plus, as is not too $$$! I've just tried Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls, and the glycerin in it is not my friend.

Thank you!!!

Your statements that your hair is prone to breakage and you'd like a cream that weighs the hair drew me in because those aspects sound like what I like. I think you might enjoy looking at the simple recommendations of Terri LaFlesh regarding leaving in simply conditioners. She has some recommendations on tightlycurly.com. I personally enjoy adding a bit of natural oil to mine as well for a bit more of weight and soothing protection for my dry, fragile hair. You have to adjust the amount to your own needs. Some will just simply use a heavy conditioner without the addition of anything else to it. But remarkably, in this case, your solution may already be in your cabinet.
    My Routine:
    Coconut oil drench the night before I co-wash
    then cowash and deep condition each time w/ Keracare Humecto, Joico Moisture Recovery and/or ApHogee 2min
    then usually airdry
    Grapeseed oil nightly

(no gel, mouse, or hair spray. My delicate, fine hair will tear if I even try to run my fingers through it with any of those. :angel9:)
    My go to leave ins are now: my regular conditioners listed above, gs oil, or PW77

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file