Do you carry around important cards?

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I just had an unpleasant experience. I was at work and realized I didn't have my credit cards, and health insurance cards, which I always keep in a card case with extra money. I was worried that it had been stolen.

I raced home and finally found it in a drawer in my desk. Why did I put it there??? Not paying attention!

If I had lost it, it would be a mess to replace. So I was wondering...do you carry around important cards like credit cards and health insurance cards? Is it better to carry around a list? I always think if I were in an accident (god forbid) it would be good if I was carrying my health insurance cards.

What do you carry around? What is sensible to always have on you?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Always have my ID and my credit card if I'm using a smaller bag which won't fit my purse.

If the bag can fit my purse though, then GAME ON. Because that purse has EVERYTHING in it.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I always carry my health insurance, credit card, debit card and DL in a little purse inside my purse. I also carry my SS card but that's in my big wallet

I would lose my mind if I lost my little purse
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks, Brit and Perri. I was wondering if I was foolish to be carrying around these cards but it seems like others do it too. Well, xing my fingers that none of us lose them! :thumright:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I generally carry all sorts with me (I have way too much plastic!). If I'm going away I'll always have my credit cards, drivers licence and Medicare card, so I guess they're the ones I consider important and feel the need to carry.
    3b in South Australia.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Thanks, Brit and Perri. I was wondering if I was foolish to be carrying around these cards but it seems like others do it too. Well, xing my fingers that none of us lose them! :thumright:

You're definitely not foolish (or maybe we just all are!)

If I lost my purse I wouldn't know what to do. Genuinely all of my stuff is in there.

I'd also be pretty pissed about having to start over with my loyalty cards ;)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I carry my debit, credit and health insurance cards.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    Starmie and Multicult, and Brit again :love7:thanks for chiming in. I'm not alone in this!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I don't think they would be that hard to replace (health insurance, SS, driver's license, etc.)

It's a pain to lose debit or credit cards (I have in the past) but it's pretty common and banks can handle it pretty quickly. It's good if you have another account/card you can use in the off chance they have to freeze the compromised account/card. But that's rare.

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I do carry around my credit cards, debit card, IDs, shopping cards, etc. I even carry cash, being a dinosaur. I also keep a list of all my numbers in my purse, on my computer, and in my desk at home. I'm not sure how people go anywhere without their cards.
    I've only had to replace credits cards when my identity was stolen a couple times and it was a huge pain so I hope I never lose them all at once. But at least it would be easier having a list of everything.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It is important to keep your health insurance card on hand. Several have small print on the back saying your ambulance ride will not be covered unless they are called during transport. If you are unconscious it's not going to matter anyway but if you can manage to think about it, have access to the card and call... You are in business.

Shady bleepers!!
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jeepy, that's a really good idea. I'm going to keep a list both at work where nobody can access it, and at home. Thanks~ !:love7:

Spider, after this happened I did take one of my cards out so that I would at least have one in case (oy) I lost all of them at once!

Fifi, I must be screwy or overtired - your post made me giggle. I guess it reminded me of my mother and grandmother telling me to always have clean underwear on in case I am unconscious. Go figure - I never figured that out~!

Thanks everyone for your comments.
    I could not figure that one out either. Never 'make sure you are wearing clean underwear because it's simply good hygiene' (or you might get lucky. hahaha) Nooooo! Make sure you are wearing clean underwear because you may get in a car wreck. What?
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I know. It's so funny. I heard that a lot as a dire warning in case of a fire. "Make sure you always have clean underwear on in case there's a fire."!! What??? I'm going to smell smoke, pause, check my underwear, hmmm, maybe I should change into a fresh pair in case the firemen take a break from fighting the fire to check out my undies. :laughing3:
    It has to be number one on the list of weird things parents say. I would ask my mom... Do you mean to tell me that if you got a call saying I was in an accident, the first thought that would enter your mind is... Omg, I hope she was wearing clean underwear!??? If not I will be mortified for life. The for-shame of it all. It will be the talk of the town. Did you hear that Fifi got in a wreck and she was wearing dirty granny panties? NO! Her poor parents.

*It's okay, mom. I don't wear underwear. Haha. That one always got her.

Why bother telling girls this anyway? We are traditionally not the skid markers of the world. Men hold that title.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nbr 1 on the list of funny things dads say is "I didn't have sex until I was married and expect you to do the same. Your mom didn't have sex until she was married either."

Tell me another one. I've got time... She's already told me she was knocked up before she married her first husband. The hussy. ;) "You told her!?!? Why did you tell her? I told you not to tell her that." Lol

(In all actuality that was me trying to activate the escape hatch and get out of the birds and bee's talk, at 16. It worked but resulted in a "if you get pregnant, don't come home".)

This has nothing to do with important cards, but it's entertaining.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frcklsfrckls Posts: 528Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The underwear convo gave me a crack. My mom always checks us the daughters to wear, not just clean, but matching underwears!
    She said the same thing about if I got into an accident (God forbid!) and someone has to rip open my clothes. I always told her how creepy it was, since the only scenario I can imagine when someone rips my clothes open and admire my matching undies is a sexual encounter (forced or not). I hate having conversations like that with my mom!
    As for cleanliness, I use wet wipes even when I only pee. I grew up in a place where people always clean with water afterwards and all toilets have sprinkler. Skid marks are out of the question! LOL.

To stick to the topic, I always carry at least my ID and/or driving license, debit card, health insurance, my boyfriend's name card (in case someone was looking for an emergency contact) and some cash, if I'm taking out a small purse/clutch.
    I have also my member/loyalty cards in my wallet. I'm used to leaving the CC at home to avoid the temptation of abusing it.

I also still carry around my university card (one from my Master degree) in my wallet. It doesn't have any expiry date, people keep thinking I look younger than I really am (I'm 26 and people's guess is usually around 18 :p) and it's really helpful to travel around Europe when you go visiting museums and stuff: Student Price! ;)
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile
    It makes absolutely no sense. There are situations where they cut away your clothes but the last thing they are going to be focused on is the cleanliness or coordination of your underwear. Parents need to let that one die.

"Look. Her underwear doesn't match. I guess her parents didn't raise her right. Oh yeah, focus, stop the bleeding".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ROFL:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: Oh Fifi!

I was so suspicious of that particular advice from my mom, I'm truly not sure what her true intention is..... :shock:

Even if we had skid marks in our panties, in the case of fire, I don't think that a fireman trying to rescue us will just drop and leave us when he realized we're wearing dirty undies. "Oh. Ew! Dirty undies!" *drops and runs outside*:sad1:
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    My question is - why are you all going out in dirty unders anyway? hahaha.
    I never think about it since mine are always clean. And they always match. But I do worry if I don't have mascara and lipstick on. I don't want the fireman to see me without mascara and lipstick. : )

And to add to the card thing - yes I always keep one credit card at home in case my whole wallet is lost or stolen. How else will I buy rum in the meantime?!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    jeepcurlygurl's post reminded me of one episode of The Nanny where Fran was questioned why she's sleeping with full makeup, sexy nightwear and nice earrings in case od the house gets caught on fire. LOL.
    (by GoosefootPrints)

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never carry around everything just in case it gets lost, plus i switch purses(which are wristlets and most of the type my cards are just in the wristlet w/out being in my cardholder). I always carry license and debit card and usually one extra credit card. My others stay home as backup. Lately i keep my health insurance card if i can, but sometimes when i switch over for the night i might forget that or if i put em in my pocket.

I would never carry my ss card or passport unless i needed it for something.
    frckls wrote: »
    ROFL:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: Oh Fifi!

I was so suspicious of that particular advice from my mom, I'm truly not sure what her true intention is..... :shock:

Even if we had skid marks in our panties, in the case of fire, I don't think that a fireman trying to rescue us will just drop and leave us when he realized we're wearing dirty undies. "Oh. Ew! Dirty undies!" *drops and runs outside*:sad1:

Lol. Stop, drop and roll away so they don't see your dirty panties.

Several women in my area that are 70+ years old will not go anywhere without a full face and fixed hair. Forget important cards! Their husband will be knocking on deaths doors and they are ironing clothes and curling eyelashes.

Granted, shock will make people do odd things but it's a bit much. My co worker had to scream at her mom to get her in the car so they could take her father to the hospital before he passed away. She wanted both of them to look good for the church crowd that would be visiting. Bless his heart, he went straight into surgery and had both of his legs removed. Diabetic, bad infection, and then heart failure.

*Even I put on a bra and perfume before I went to moms house, the morning my dad died. I remember thinking that several of my co workers would be coming to remove his body (every officer on duty came when they heard and carried him out) so I had to put on a bra and do a quick spritz in case I stunk. I left my pj's on and didn't brush my teeth. Go figure. Your head goes in 2000 different directions of denial.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Well, I grew to care much less in appearance overtime. I used to be a bit uptight, but I realized (also after much advice from my mom) that I'd lose more chance living if I fuss too much about how I look. So yea, the times I have to be in hospital I looked like crap. Bra is a default, though.
    (by GoosefootPrints)

• CurlXTCeeCurlXTCee Posts: 379Registered Users
    I do. I know I shouldn't, but I do because the moment I don't, I'll need something that I don't have with me. I tire of having to remember this, that, and the third every time I walk out the door, just to discover that I've gone and forgotten something anyway. I'm sure someday I'll regret my laziness.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file