Extension for loss of volume due to hair loss

curlimamicurlimami Registered Users Posts: 56
I dont think I truly appreciated my mane until more than half of it fell out. :( Im treating the issues, but it was been a good 5 years of hair loss for various reasons (it is now actually considered thin, and that makes me soooo sad.)

So while Im eating right and treating the other issues, is there a type of extension that I can do myself that wont cause MORE hair loss? I have read clip in extensions can damage hair, so it would have to be permanent extensions?

I live in Mexico city, MX the land of straight haired people ;) I have asked around in some salons, but haha they just laugh at the idea of curly extensions that I wouldnt have to heat style. I havent heat treated or dyed my hair in over 6 years. My hair loss is at the root, its not a styling/breakage issue.

Any suggestions on websites? Or salons in South Texas next time we go to the border? Please?
All bets off on finding the perfect products for the curls - focusing on regrowing (50%) hair loss due to
A) Depo Provera (injectable birth control)
B) seborrheic dermatitis
C) stress/diet

Comments

• followmeskyfollowmesky Registered Users Posts: 287
    Hi - If you have hair loss and thinning I wouldn't recommend extensions as that may only aggravate things and make it worst. The pulling and pressure may make your hair thinner.
    My cousin wore extensions practically almost every day for a long time. She stopped after noticing her hair falling and thinning. There is research on this.

I think it may help to find a hair restoration center.
    I feel you're pain. I've lost a lot of hair and it's a very tough, uneasy process. I have started to incorporate a daily regime, massaging my hair with essential oils such as rosemary, lavender, peppermint ( which may help your seborrheic dermatitis) and clary sage. I do this every night.
    I went to another dermatologist last week and was offered Rogaine. I refused to use Rogaine because of the harmful side effects. I believe natural products are just as helpful as long as they are used properly. I hope my regime helps me because it's painful! No one wants to loose their hair.

I hope some of my information was able to help you.
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
  • followmeskyfollowmesky Registered Users Posts: 287
    I should add, just two weeks ago I started juicing. I hope this also makes a difference.
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
  • PATRICIA_BPATRICIA_B Registered Users Posts: 37
    Extensions or wigs are just temporary hair solution. You've to change these products after using for some time. I think it's better try to grow or treat hair naturally. Apply Mehndi, and emblic paste, both these ingredients are highly effective to grow hair naturally. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file