Fighting

CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
Have any of you ever gotten into a physical altercation? How did it start? How'd it end?

I'm referring to fights in adulthood and not with relatives.

I've been watching a "Bad Girls Club" marathon. Haha
CG since Dec. 2013  B)
3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

Comments

• Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    A guy that was probably 6 years younger than me, and on drugs, tackled me and hit me in my boyfriends yard one day. I was in my early 20's then, too. We physically fought for well over 30 minutes. It went on forever. No one else was around. He was black and blue by the time it ended. I know he came up behind me at one point, grabbed me, picked me up and I kicked his shins until he dropped me. Then I would get him down... Crazy. He was not about back off, and i did not either. Eventually he got tired.

http://youtu.be/txkAYM-DgQ4

I posted this in another thread last night and this morning I thought about this one. This video is of a police encounter with a "roving band of Christian 'white trash' musicians". It is somewhat graphic. You don't see all super clearly but it involves tasing and pepper spay and a shooting so be warned about that. THIS is essentially what happened to me during this fight. It was a hopped up Millenial kid on heroin who ran up to me in my boyfriends back yard, where I was picking flowers and minding my own business, and body slammed me. I tried to get away at first and that was not going to happen so I kept getting up & keep on fighting until I wore him out. I did what my dad always told me to do. You better not start it, but if someone else does, you finish it. Then I went to his not mamma, not that it did any good. He was one of 7 kids living with a single mother. They were all wayward sons.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The boy I mentioned had been taken in by a local High School teacher. She had around 8 kids living in her house. Some parents were still pretty bad to abandon their kids then, which had been a big problem with my generation. Anyway, he was friends with my boyfriends next door neighbor. My boyfriend was about 5 houses down the road when he showed up. The kid had a bad heroin problem by the time he reached his later grades in high school. Out of it!
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    No. But unfortunately I have been attacked by numerous family members physically. Once you get to a certain age, outside of self defense, fighting seems trashy to me. And I also don't want to explain to potential employers why I was arrested. That's just me. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    I've had a close call. And it was in high school.

When I was 14, there was this girl who thought I was trying to get with her boyfriend so she must've told people that she wanted to beat my ass. It got back to me and I was scared (she was ghetto, scary & had a lot of "cronies", and I was small and scrawny...lol). Anyway, this was on a Friday so all weekend, I was dreading going back to school that Monday. My friend put my hair in cornrows because I had long hair back then and when girls fight, the first thing they usually grab first is hair. I went back to school on Monday and as I was walking into my class, I heard her and her friend talking really loud. They were looking at me evilly and if looks could kill, I'd be a dead mother****er. I sat down in my class (my seat was near the door) and I heard them talking but the only word I could make out was "B|TCH".

lolol.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh no, and I imagine Id curl up in a ball & cry!!

I'm so sorry, MC...that's awful :(
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    No. But unfortunately I have been attacked by numerous family members physically. Once you get to a certain age, outside of self defense, fighting seems trashy to me. And I also don't want to explain to potential employers why I was arrested. That's just me. Lol

It helps when you grow up during a time when no one had cell phones, lost their mind over a fight or called the police. I am sorry you had several family members attack you.

ETA: At the same time we had less incidents of school bullying and no one was bringing guns into school, even when they were allowed to keep hunting rifles, in their trucks, in the school parking lot. So, it wasn't all a negative to let people get some aggression out.

People usually find it odd when they see a cat fight in my area. They are used to the standard hair pulling which many women here do not bother with. A former co worker saw a fight at a bar soon after she moved here and said, "Remind me to never make a local woman mad. The ladies do not pull hair, here. That is all they do where I am from but they fight like men here." It is the norm.

I always hated people who made those stupid threats in high school. I never planned a fight in advance or tried to intimidate people with threats of one. It was all spur of the moment. Hearing that someone wanted to kick my butt usually did not go over well. You would find me throwing down my books in the hall and saying ... I hear you have something to say to me! You want to do it, we'll do it now! We never ended up fighting. Usually that crap was always over a guy. You were with your friend when she stole my friends boyfriend. Oh, shut up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Nope thankfully. I got into fight when I was in 6th grade though and got suspended. It wasn't even a real fight, total girly fight.
  • RimiRimi Registered Users Posts: 2,001 Curl Neophyte
    i've had a close call. And it was in high school.

When i was 14, there was this girl who thought i was trying to get with her boyfriend so she must've told people that she wanted to beat my ass. It got back to me and i was scared (she was ghetto, scary & had a lot of "cronies", and i was small and scrawny...lol). Anyway, this was on a friday so all weekend, i was dreading going back to school that monday. My friend put my hair in cornrows because i had long hair back then and when girls fight, the first thing they usually grab first is hair. I went back to school on monday and as i was walking into my class, i heard her and her friend talking really loud. They were looking at me evilly and if looks could kill, i'd be a dead mother****er. I sat down in my class (my seat was near the door) and i heard them talking but the only word i could make out was "b|tch".

Lolol.

😂😂😭😭😂😂
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    I've only ever been in one physical altercation in my life (thank GOD).

I was in secondary school, about 15-years-old, I think. Anyway, I was waiting with a couple of my friends after school, just hanging around, and this older girl started chatting to us.

My friend knew her, but I only knew OF her, but didn't know her. She was about 19 and everyone knew she was psychotic LOL. Like, she'd beaten up this guy and put him in hospital before.

Anyway, we were just talking and standing around outside the school and I was like, 'will I look like a complete tramp if I sit on the floor?' (I was tired of standing doing nothing). And this girl goes (very aggressively) 'yeah, you will.' So I said, 'gee, thanks' and laughed.

And then the atmosphere just went BOOM. LIke She glared daggers at me and everything I said from that point on she just kept snapping at me. Then one of this girl's friends showed up and they were whispering and laughing together, looking over at me.

Me and my friends decided to walk home because we were bored and this girl and her friend kept tripping me up. Constantly.

So in the end I turned around and said, 'have I done something to offend you? Because I don't understand why you're tripping me up'

And the girl was like 'yeah, you said gee thanks in a tone I didn't ****ing appreciate.'

So, trying to smooth things over, I said, 'oh, right. Well, I'm sorry that offended you, but I didn't mean it to. It was just a joke and if you took it the wrong way, then I apologise' (ever the diplomat LOL).

She didn't say anything, so I turned around and kept walking and then her and her friend did that 'happy slap' thing to me. For those who don't know (not sure if this was just a UK thing?) it's where you smack someone really hard around the head and someone else films it -_-

Then they grabbed my bag and went to hit me with it. But my friend (who knew the girl) stepped in and was like 'no, don't hit her' and they ended up leaving.

I don't think I'd even call it a fight lol, but that's the only physical-type situation I've been in.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
    ^ Another good thing about growing up w/o cell phones. That is effed up. I am sorry that happened.

What is the draw with starting and filming fights? I guess there have been a few times in my life I wish I had a camera to capture the slow clap of it all. Bully a**hole gets the tables turned on him or her and assumed under dog wins the day. We had a guy who took karate and went around intimidating people. He would kick pay phones off their stands in town, just because. You would constantly see him round house kicking people in the face on the street. That is until my very sweet vegetarian friend, who skipped 2 grades in school due to his incredible mind, broke his leg when he tried it on him. Yessss!! He cut it out. That was worth documenting, and the only fight my friend ever had. Idk anyone that did not like him. But... Happy Slap?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    The last two fights I got into were when I was 20-21 yrs old. One was bc these women took my parking spot and another was w/ my roommate when I verbally confronted her bc she stuck a tape recorder in the air vent of my room to record me so she could have me evicted...and when I confronted her she pepper sprayed me.

Oh yeah, I did get into a scuffle w/ my exhusband two or three yrs ago.

• DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    Never!

I did a free krav maga lesson a couple of weeks ago, though, because of two friends who insisted I gave it a try. It was an interesting experience, but I'm a little tight on cash right now to sign up.
    @BotticelliBrit that is crazy.

My family and I are getting along now. The three attackers have issues so I try not to talk to them much.

I love krav maga! I haven't done it in a year but I want to get back into it when I have the money. I was a yellow belt.

The last two fights I got into were when I was 20-21 yrs old. One was bc these women took my parking spot and another was w/ my roommate when I verbally confronted her bc she stuck a tape recorder in the air vent of my room to record me so she could have me evicted...and when I confronted her she pepper sprayed me.

She pepper sprayed you after bugging your room!?!? What a reject. Please tell me you beat her a**.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lol @Fifi but curious minds want to know SL. :-)

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Fifi.G wrote: »

She pepper sprayed you after bugging your room!?!? What a reject. Please tell me you beat her a**.

Haha. I explained it a little bit wrong. I confronted her, intending only to have a verbal interaction. Like to warn her to not to record me again or to keep ignoring my friends when they knocked on the door for me (we had no bell and it was a big house so it was not possible to always hear knocking at the door). So as I approached her in her bedroom, she became hysterical and tried to slam the door shut on me. But I forced my way in bc I was determined to say what was on my mind.

She and I were the only two ppl home at the time, tho a total of eight of us lived there (what a mistake!!).

So when I push her bedroom door back open, she got hysterical and started screaming and shreiking and swinging on me. And I all I was going to do was talk to her (well, Ok, threaten her).

So she's like a crazy person having a fit, flailing her arms and shoving me and pulling my clothes and pulling the strap of my handbag. And I'm like wtf? And I get pissed off and grab her and shake her and throw her onto the floor. While she's on the floor, I say what I came to say and turn to walk out. But while she's on the floor, she grabs my leg with one hand. And without me realizing it, with the other hand, she grabbed a can of pepper spray from somewhere. So my back was still toward her and I was trying to shake her off my leg. But when I turned around to really get her off my leg, she aimed the pepper spray right up into my face and unloaded it on me. But I was standing (I'm tall) and she's on the floor, so she got just as much of the pepper spray as I did, if not more...so we are both pretty F'd up by the pepper spray. So eventually I made it back to my room and I page my boyfriend (who had just dropped me off) and he came back. And at she eventually called 911. I would have just left but I couldn't see. I had to press the numbers on the phone by touch. LOL It was a big mess. And when the cops got there, she was tried to get me arrested (which almost happened) and my boyfriend almost got arrested too bc he was sooooo mad. After the cops got all the info, they let us both go. It was real awkward for all of our other roommates bc they didn't see any of it and didn't know who to believe or whose side to take or whatever. I just told her to stay the F away from. And she moved out about a week later. Our landlord was pissed! Esp w/ my boyfriend bc he had kind of been he cause of the fight, and he had accidentally broken a window there a few months earlier.

Oh. My. Word. Lol. That does sound like a mess. It is a good thing she left. Anyone who bugs your room, stops you from leaving and then sprays pepper spray in an enclosed environment needs to go. Thats a -1 on the sense scale.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lol @Fifi but curious minds want to know SL. :-)

I hate that happened to Spidey but glad I asked ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is funny how you can look back on the majority of fights and laugh. The ones on the playground or with cousins when I was little make me laugh the hardest. The one in ex's back yard remains not even funny.

Oh, does pushing a male bouncer numerous times count as a fight? I was at a bar with my friends years ago. One of my best girl friends had ended a 14 year relationship with a guy and after some time had passed started dating another. Her ex showed up, tried to start a fight, we were all asked to leave and on the way out this pumped up, steroid freak, frat boy bouncer who was about 4'9 ran out the door and started attack my friends new boyfriend (who is also my friend since childhood). No one knew why. When he backed up for a minute I pushed him as hard as I could. He stumbled back and hit a car. Every time he tried to take a step I kept knocking him back. I was also trying to talk to him and clear up the confusion. Luckily a massive, and very nice, bouncer I knew well was standing beside me saying ... Touch her and see what happens. Gawd. What a cluster. I had blood all over my clothes and we never figured out what upset him.

ETA: Has anyone ever acted completely insane when someone tried to fight you? For years I heard stories about a man named Mr. Wah. I met him one night in the parking lot of the same bar and said... It's so nice to finally meet you. His wife, a very big cherokee woman, started talking about kicking my a**. Me, "What?" as I start walking toward her. My friend put me in the car quickly. The next time I saw her was Halloween night, same bar. I had my toy Barbie Poodle with me, for some unknown reason, and was wearing a pink cape so all was good with the world. She kept mumbling things about me. Eventually I walked up to her, sat down beside her, pulled out my poodle and started singing, "Walkin' the dog, walkin the dog!!!" She looked at me like i was out of my mind, got up and left. Never had a problem with her again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Never, not even once! It's just inconceivable to me. I'm physically quite slight and small boned - maybe that's why? I have no idea how to fight physically. I can imagine poisoning someone though - or shooting someone if I knew how and I was in danger.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Never, not even once! It's just inconceivable to me. I'm physically quite slight and small boned - maybe that's why? I have no idea how to fight physically. I can imagine poisoning someone though - or shooting someone if I knew how and I was in danger.

I think many people are born scrappers and many are not. It's only been discouraged in my area during the last 15 years and mainly by outsiders. You have a lot of people here who historically fought, often because they had too. They fought to save and protect their homes, families, ways and livelihood (some twice, being relocated each time) before they left and came to America. Others were fighting in America to do the same. Both fought over lands when the displaced people moved in, though most came to America in other areas and eventually made their way to the highly isolated lands that no one wanted. From what I can tell in historical records (census/marriage land and death), several who participated in the Indian Removal Act and had land grants eventually ended up in Virginia and Washington and Baltimore. A majority of locals were driven out of more civilized areas and used as buffers from the remaining "savages". Makes complete sense that the upper crust would put up a human wall they cared none about. Then you had the ones who were related to those with land grants but came along sooner or later with permission to use those lands. With little to no income and a barter system for several years, everyone fought against people cheating or stealing their livelihood. They fought the law/any form of government intrusion (I wonder why) and prohibition to make a living. No electricity. Hardly any business. Very few wealthy. You did random helpful work for seed/livestock/food (cleared land, helped build a little log house, etc), had a small farm to get by on and made shine. They fought! Fighting over a stupid tiff is nothing to most people born in my area. Thats just getting some stuff out and going on with your life. No one is actually killing each other so that's a pretty good day. On that note, we often don't like those who want to start fights 24-7. Things happen but don't go looking for it. Chances are it will find you at some point.

My ramble just reminded me of a woman who wrote a letter to the editor in our local paper. A family feud came to a rather ugly head (no one died so it's okay) but she felt the need to lecture everyone about the ignorance of violence and using your words. I wanted to punch her ;) She obviously was not a local and has no understanding of the culture here. *The last half of the Boomers and my Generation were the first to grow up with electricity, running water, and watch the barter system fade. My grandparents were in high speed chases, fleeing and fighting Revenuers and dumping gallons of shine in rivers. That was one of the first chances to get pocket change and it was not easy.* Most don't kill you over a stolen pig anymore, but rivalries do still come up. If our ancestors believed in words only, none of us would be around. (And historically my portion of NC seemed a bit luckier compared to other areas. Some fights are documented but we did not have as many big fights or feuds as some other states in the Appalachian regions and seemed to have more people who aided in settling and trying to ease conflicts. Still, it's a crazy and rowdy history).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Never, not even once! It's just inconceivable to me. I'm physically quite slight and small boned - maybe that's why? I have no idea how to fight physically.

Same here. I've never been close to getting in a fight as an adult. I'd probably be laid out if I ever did LOL. I agree with Fifi, you have to have a bit of salt in you to be a fighter and some are like that and others are not.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)

Aw crap. I erased my other fights with kids and girl at a party who was fighting with a friend and tried to hit me when I stopped them from rolling over a wall stories. I meant to quote but I used edit. Anyway...

Fifi.G wrote: »
    A guy that was probably 6 years younger than me, and on drugs, tackled me and hit me in my boyfriends yard one day. I was in my early 20's then, too. We physically fought for well over 30 minutes. It went on forever. No one else was around. He was black and blue by the time it ended. I know he came up behind me at one point, grabbed me, picked me up and I kicked his shins until he dropped me. Then I would get him down... Crazy. He was not about back off, and i did not either. Eventually he got tired.

http://youtu.be/txkAYM-DgQ4

I posted this in another thread last night and this morning I thought about this one. This video is of a police encounter with a "roving band of Christian 'white trash' musicians". It is somewhat graphic. You don't see all super clearly but it involves tasing and pepper spay and a shooting so be warned about that. THIS is essentially what happened to me during this fight. It was a hopped up Millenial kid on heroin who ran up to me in my boyfriends back yard, where I was picking flowers and minding my own business, and body slammed me. I tried to get away at first and that was not going to happen so I kept getting up & keep on fighting until I wore him out. I did what my dad always told me to do. You better not start it, but if someone else does, you finish it. Then I went to his not mamma, not that it did any good. He was one of 7 kids living with a single mother. They were all wayward sons.

^^ I have no idea why this woman was trying to raise so many kids on her own. She could hardly keep an eye on the one she had. Don't me get wrong. He was actually a pretty sweet kid and his dad had died a few years before but tons of kids staying with someone was a common thing. There were several in my generation living in broken homes but this woman took in 6 more kids off the street, let them do what ever the hell they wanted under her roof while being more concerned about them getting their hands on a Cosmopolitan magazine and seeing a negative image of women. How was that working out for her?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sahrenitysahrenity Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    So sad to hear! That's what happens when people on drugs! One yearn ago I meet a drug-addicted person. He used krokodil i think. It was a really scary situation for me, i was lucky to escape. https://addictionresource.com/drugs/krokodil/ - look how harmful such drugs can be. Crazy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file