Before and After

Comments

• AcidAcid Posts: 40Registered Users
    noodly wrote: »
    Acid wrote: »
    Yeah, I dyed it, but I'm not heat user. I dyed it before 7 years and nothing couldn't strenght it, damage it, it was so strong , I couldn't believe it. I tried cutting it , but it didn't help. Before this phase it was very long, it passed half of my back. I'm waitning for xanthan to see how it works. If that wouln't help I got one recipe from my aunt, who went trought chemo and doctor made mix for her hair, it helped a lot, she has strong, beautiful hair now.
    I don't know what xanthan gum is or what it does but I do know for sure that if you grow your damaged hair out it will be wavy/curly again unless your hairtexture changed(which I doubt although it is definitely possible). Dying your hair is actually really bad and will stretch curls out, just speaking from experience.

I know that, even tho my hair get more curly when I started dying it. Maybe it change hairtexture, as you said, because of medicine I'm taking. I found some good advices here, girls are so polite and their advices helpful, so I'll try , and hoping for the best. Thank you for your advices.
    Little update:

I did Gelatine Treatment, but it didn't help. My hair is still the same, nothing better after GT, so I think I'll just leave as it is, from time to time straighting it, just to look like something, not like this lazy, lifeless bunch of hair.

Tnx for you advices, once again.
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Little update:

I did Gelatine Treatment, but it didn't help. My hair is still the same, nothing better after GT, so I think I'll just leave as it is, from time to time straighting it, just to look like something, not like this lazy, lifeless bunch of hair.

If your hair is very damaged or very over-conditioned, it may take more than 1 pt to see optimal results. If a single pt didn't leave your hair feeling dry or straw-like, or didn't leave it super soft and limp, then your hair needed the protein the pt contained. For my fine but undamaged hair, it'll easily take a periodic 15 minute gelatin pt.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    Geek_Chic wrote: »
    Little update:

If your hair is very damaged or very over-conditioned, it may take more than 1 pt to see optimal results. If a single pt didn't leave your hair feeling dry or straw-like, or didn't leave it super soft and limp, then your hair needed the protein the pt contained. For my fine but undamaged hair, it'll easily take a periodic 15 minute gelatin pt.

It's not even dry, or super soft, it's like nothing happened. It isn't curly or totally straight. I'll think I'll cut half of if, just to make some change, cuz now it's like ... nothing. Lifeless, not shinny, not soft, not dry, just lazy hair.

Tnx for your advice, but I think that medicine I'm taking ruined it and there's no help for it.
    When did you start taking the medicine? Hair is already dead

In january this year. Soon after that my hair went from that state on picture to this lifeless state now.
    When did you start taking the medicine? Hair is already dead

In january this year. Soon after that my hair went from that state on picture to this lifeless state now.

Hair is already dead. It only might have altered the newgrowth. HVe you tried using eggwhite hairmasks

Things I've tried :

- Gelatine Treatment (no results)
    - Mix of cinnamon, olive oil and honey (some results, it wasn't so so so dead like it used to be)
    - Mix of panthenol, ad3 pills and so on (no results)

I didn't try that mask of eggwhite. It seems I'll try everything by the time and nothing will work out.
    Wow you still have beautiful hair! But try the eggwhite mask maybe it'll help? You never had rootcurl btw, so my question is if you always had curly hair?

Thank you very much, but I don't see it beautiful anymore.
    Since I was a child I had curly hair, but my mother used to brush it and it was more wavy , not curly. When I grew up , I cut it, it was very short, stoped with brushing and it became pretty nice hair (first picture). One period I was straighting it , it took me like 2 hours (lol) and I stoped with that, too. But it was looong time ago, some 6-7 years ago, so it can't be cause of this state.

Do you have some special recipe for that eggwhite mask or should I search it somewhere online?
  • EverydayCurlsEverydayCurls Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hair is already dead. It only might have altered the newgrowth. HVe you tried using eggwhite hairmasks

From my experience, some things can change even the old growth. At one point my mom was sick and her hair suddenly turned straight. Old growth and all. Now that she is better, it suddenly started to wave again.

Current Products:

• Homemade Shampoo
    • Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    • AG Recoil Curl Activator
    • AG Plastique
      + Plopping Overnight

www.joyfulmeadow.com

www.facebook.com/joyfulmeadow

www.instagram.com/joyful.meadow

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You know, it could be the medicine. I know that hair is dead, but what I have also noticed is that how the hair falls from my scalp affects the clumps and waves. So I imagine if there is some alteration it can affect this much curl as well. It sounds like this happened pretty quickly. Did anything else change? The water in your area? The weather?

Also, I guess I am wondering have you tried something like coconut oil? It penetrates the hair shaft unlike other oils. You can try it on just a small section if you want to test it out first. It is still interesting to me you said the beer helped best. That still suggests a need for protein. There are different kinds of protein. Maybe the gelatin wasn't the kind your hair is wanting. But the problem is I don't know what you can get a hold of there. That's the tough thing for offering suggestions. :disgust:
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

From my experience, some things can change even the old growth. At one point my mom was sick and her hair suddenly turned straight. Old growth and all. Now that she is better, it suddenly started to wave again.

I even tried one shampoo, which my aunt was using, after chemo, and her hair was so stunning!
    But, that didn't help.
    chupie wrote: »
    You know, it could be the medicine. I know that hair is dead, but what I have also noticed is that how the hair falls from my scalp affects the clumps and waves. So I imagine if there is some alteration it can affect this much curl as well. It sounds like this happened pretty quickly. Did anything else change? The water in your area? The weather?

Also, I guess I am wondering have you tried something like coconut oil? It penetrates the hair shaft unlike other oils. You can try it on just a small section if you want to test it out first. It is still interesting to me you said the beer helped best. That still suggests a need for protein. There are different kinds of protein. Maybe the gelatin wasn't the kind your hair is wanting. But the problem is I don't know what you can get a hold of there. That's the tough thing for offering suggestions. :disgust:

Yeah, I can't get enough products. I hardly found unflavoured gelatine here, and xanthan gum (which I ordered from Croatia). It's hard to find even cocount oil.
    So I can't get so much herbal products or some shampoo or sth like that. I'll try to find today cocount oil, at least I can try.

You asked me did anything else changed? No, not water, air or something like that. I'm in the same place where I was when my hair was nice. Beside medicine , nothing changed. It was, as you said, pretty fast change and I was thinking about it, what could cause it, maybe some mental causes, illness but nothing happened that big.
    Wow you still have beautiful hair! But try the eggwhite mask maybe it'll help? You never had rootcurl btw, so my question is if you always had curly hair?

Thank you very much, but I don't see it beautiful anymore.
    Since I was a child I had curly hair, but my mother used to brush it and it was more wavy , not curly. When I grew up , I cut it, it was very short, stoped with brushing and it became pretty nice hair (first picture). One period I was straighting it , it took me like 2 hours (lol) and I stoped with that, too. But it was looong time ago, some 6-7 years ago, so it can't be cause of this state.

Do you have some special recipe for that eggwhite mask or should I search it somewhere online?
    Nothing just pure eggwhites. just make sure you dont apply the eggyolk on your hair or else it will stink allot. Just the eggwhites. Enough to cover your entire strands from root to end. I hope it works!

Thank you so much, I'll just put my shoes on and go to grab some eggs. Cross your fingers :)
    Also one question OP, how do you dye your hair? Do you dye it over and over on the already dyed pieces? Because red can easily fade and your color on the photo with straight hair still looks fresh(assuming its a recent photo) Maybe you should just grow it out and next time refresh the haircolor with a vegetable hairdye, those wont damage your hair. Although the bleach will do but you just have to bleach the base once and the roots once in a few months. Refreshinig colors with chemical dyes are so bad imo!

It is recent photo (last night), but I've dyed it before 2 months. It doesn't grow fast, even tho I cut it every month , just those dead ends. And last year when I went to hairdresser we had amazing situation: My inside hair was little bit strainght , and as my hairdresser star to cuting dead ends my hair automaticlly when to curls. Hairdresser was amazed with that, she even called her co workers to see it. So I countinued with cutting my dead ends monthly, but magic stoped.
    Nothing just pure eggwhites. just make sure you dont apply the eggyolk on your hair or else it will stink allot. Just the eggwhites. Enough to cover your entire strands from root to end. I hope it works!

Thank you so much, I'll just put my shoes on and go to grab some eggs. Cross your fingers :)
    Try to soak it in your hair for a long time! 3 hours

I just used 4 eggwhites to cover all my hair and I'll keep it 3 hours and hope for some results.
    Did you ever used this products:

http://lippieismylife.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/gliss-oil.jpg

I used it for some time and my hair was soft, had nice culrs but my hairdresser told me that those products aren't for culry hair even tho it was good for my hair :confused:
    Also one question OP, how do you dye your hair? Do you dye it over and over on the already dyed pieces? Because red can easily fade and your color on the photo with straight hair still looks fresh(assuming its a recent photo) Maybe you should just grow it out and next time refresh the haircolor with a vegetable hairdye, those wont damage your hair. Although the bleach will do but you just have to bleach the base once and the roots once in a few months. Refreshinig colors with chemical dyes are so bad imo!

It is recent photo (last night), but I've dyed it before 2 months. It doesn't grow fast, even tho I cut it every month , just those dead ends. And last year when I went to hairdresser we had amazing situation: My inside hair was little bit strainght , and as my hairdresser star to cuting dead ends my hair automaticlly when to curls. Hairdresser was amazed with that, she even called her co workers to see it. So I countinued with cutting my dead ends monthly, but magic stoped.
    So do you refresh your color with a chemical dye?

Yes, this one:

http://static.systemb2b.pl/media/barracuda/product_pictures/2407_1.jpg
    for some 7 years now.
    So do you refresh your color with a chemical dye?

Yes, this one:

http://static.systemb2b.pl/media/barracuda/product_pictures/2407_1.jpg
    for some 7 years now.
    I am positive this is the reason why your hair is limp. The pt will do its job but if you want to prevent this in the future go for vegetable dyes!

I thought so too but after 7 years of using it? Beside it, my hair was always shinny, strong, fluffy before, even I used this color. And , I'm reduced with dyes, I can't find here any vegetable dye for sure, we are very very very short with many products.
    I am positive this is the reason why your hair is limp. The pt will do its job but if you want to prevent this in the future go for vegetable dyes!

I thought so too but after 7 years of using it? Beside it, my hair was always shinny, strong, fluffy before, even I used this color. And , I'm reduced with dyes, I can't find here any vegetable dye for sure, we are very very very short with many products.
    its still possible. Maybe your hair is just fed up with the dye too much now. Ah that sucks...i woukdnt dye it then if you care allot about your waves. I think you can order from the internet, is that an option for you? And hows your hair doing?

I just remembered that we have here indian hena color for hair, but it's not suitable for already dyed hair with chemical colors.
    I have very pale skin, but my natural color of hair is black and before I've started to dye I always looked so sick and tired because of contrast of hair and my skin (I do not use make up, beside mascara) so when I dyed my hair it was big transformation for me, I look healthier then I looked with my natural color.

I'm just about to wash my hair and let it dry itself without heat. I'll let you know results.

Yeah, I can't get enough products. I hardly found unflavoured gelatine here, and xanthan gum (which I ordered from Croatia). It's hard to find even cocount oil.
    So I can't get so much herbal products or some shampoo or sth like that. I'll try to find today cocount oil, at least I can try.

You asked me did anything else changed? No, not water, air or something like that. I'm in the same place where I was when my hair was nice. Beside medicine , nothing changed. It was, as you said, pretty fast change and I was thinking about it, what could cause it, maybe some mental causes, illness but nothing happened that big.

I hope you can find some because in general, it at least helps keep your hair in good condition whether or not the curls come back. I hope the egg whites help. If not, I'd still stick with beer rinses. It really seems like you have a protein imbalance. Otherwise the gelatin would have made your hair feel strawlike (IMO). The fact it wasn't better or worse still is pointing at protein to me.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    Is it just me or there is some progress?

[URL="[url=http://postimg.org/image/9ug04fqj7/][img]http://s5.postimg.org/9ug04fqj7/IMAG0112.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]IMAG0112.jpg

It's not totally dry. I just rinsed eggwhite, without shampoo or conditioner and left it just like that.
    I read Curly Girl posts about some indicators in shampooes and conditioners that are bad for hair and I'll try to find some shampooes or conditioners without it. Even tho I used shampoo for curly hair, I found out that it has some soulfates which are bad for curls.
    So, ladies, thank you so much for your support and advices.

I think I'll repeat Gelatin Treatment too, it can't get worse. But, I was wondering if that could maybe be a bad idea , to mix ( not together or course) those two treatments?
    I hope my hair will be the same or at least look like something in the morning, it's always fine when it's fresh but mornings ruin everything (as always).

[URL="[url=http://postimg.org/image/9ug04fqj7/][img]http://s5.postimg.org/9ug04fqj7/IMAG0112.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]IMAG0112.jpg

It's not totally dry. I just rinsed eggwhite, without shampoo or conditioner and left it just like that.
    I read Curly Girl posts about some indicators in shampooes and conditioners that are bad for hair and I'll try to find some shampooes or conditioners without it. Even tho I used shampoo for curly hair, I found out that it has some soulfates which are bad for curls.

I think I'll repeat Gelatin Treatment too, it can't get worse. But, I was wondering if that could maybe be a bad idea , to mix ( not together or course) those two treatments?
    I hope my hair will be the same or at least look like something in the morning, it's always fine when it's fresh but mornings ruin everything (as always).

Hihihi yes I was right! :afro: I was so right! I knew your hair would turn out wavy!
    *ahum* anyways,

Dont forget to do your weekly eggwhite mask fellow wavy! The problem was 1. Damage from the dye. 2. Overmoisturizing and skipping proteins. Sulfates arent always bad, wavies in fact need them to clear buildup or else your hair gets limp again. But DONT overdo sulfates or eggwhite masks or else you will look like a huge frizzball monster :3 been there done that. And conditioners should be light. Deep conditioners should imo only be done before you are going to heatstyle/once a month before a shower/after you heatstyled it.

Good luck, you have gorgeous hair!

Haha, thank you so so so much for eggwhite magic.

I'll keep all advices in mind for further handeling with hair. And I'll try to find some veggy colors, but it will be pretty hard, but I hope there are some sites that deliver to Bosnia. It turn out that my hair looks better without any shampoo or conditioner (like now). I hope that my hair will became what it was, but for now I'm pleased with this wavy state.

Thank you so much once again. :love5:

Hihihi yes I was right! :afro: I was so right! I knew your hair would turn out wavy!
    *ahum* anyways,

Dont forget to do your weekly eggwhite mask fellow wavy! The problem was 1. Damage from the dye. 2. Overmoisturizing and skipping proteins. Sulfates arent always bad, wavies in fact need them to clear buildup or else your hair gets limp again. But DONT overdo sulfates or eggwhite masks or else you will look like a huge frizzball monster :3 been there done that. And conditioners should be light. Deep conditioners should imo only be done before you are going to heatstyle/once a month before a shower/after you heatstyled it.

Good luck, you have gorgeous hair!

Haha, thank you so so so much for eggwhite magic.

I'll keep all advices in mind for further handeling with hair. And I'll try to find some veggy colors, but it will be pretty hard, but I hope there are some sites that deliver to Bosnia. It turn out that my hair looks better without any shampoo or conditioner (like now). I hope that my hair will became what it was, but for now I'm pleased with this wavy state.

Thank you so much once again. :love5:

No no dont skip moisturizing your hair thats the mistake many women do! You should balance your protein(once a week) and conditioner(a light one and a little bit of it like you'd use toothpaste) and once a month a deepconditioner! Please, or else you're going to make a topic on how to fix snapped hairstrands/frizz!
    Your hair seems curlier and even has rootcurl(apply next time more on roots, maybe youll get even more rootcurl!), keep in mind its wet and your hair needs more protein(next week). Manic Panic ships to bosnia I think. But overall, focus on the balance of protein and moisture.

And...your welcome! I am sooooo happy for you :3

I finally have some hope that my hair will look like something , not like old useless broom. So so so much thank you. :love5::love5::love5:

Oh yeah!!! Definitely!! YAY!! Wow I think you are on the right path!!!!:blob5:

Even now I have some waves, not like first night, but my hair looks better now. Thank to you too, for your advices and support. I'll keep doing eggwhite and PT and hope for the best. :love5:

Even now I have some waves, not like first night, but my hair looks better now. Thank to you too, for your advices and support. I'll keep doing eggwhite and PT and hope for the best. :love5:

Remember in winter waves get a lot straighter usually. Probably as much from indoor heaters as cold dryness.

Remember in winter waves get a lot straighter usually. Probably as much from indoor heaters as cold dryness.

I've never had that problem before, but now I'm glad that there are waves, and I'll be patient with my hair, hopeing for some curls to be back.
    Keep us posted!
    Keep us posted!

Will do, for sure. And try to find coconut oil, you've mentioned.
    Keep us posted!

And it doesn't matter if it is refined or unrefined. ANY coconut oil should do.
    Keep us posted!

And it doesn't matter if it is refined or unrefined. ANY coconut oil should do.

Believe me, people here woulnd't know if is refined or unrefined. I was searching for unflavored gelatin, they looked me like I was asking for nitro - glycerin or sth like that.

Thank you, once again .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file