Sulfate free shampoo

Hello, I'm in search for a new sulfate free shampoo. I cowash everyday and use a sulfate free once a week or once every week in a half depending. Currently I'm using yes to cucumbers shampoo and I really dislike it. It leaves my hair feeling gummy and coated with something. After I rinse my hair is a Beehive of knots. Ugh.

Looking for something hopefully drugstore or Sally's but doesn't have to be. Preferably no protein. (I do use Shea moisture moisture retention shampoo every once in a while)
3A 3B mix
Colored treated
Combo Low and High porosity
Medium coarse texture

Goosefootprints hair analysis
Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
LI- As I Am leave in,
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Style- la looks sport gel

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    I find that sulfate free shampoos can be just as drying as a regular shampoo. IMO get a cheap clarifying shampoo. Be sure to deep condition after you clarify or use shampoo in general.
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    I was just about to post the same thing, GreenCup! I have used Yes to Cucumbers but when I do use it I get no root curl and my hair feels nasty, too. It didn't used to give me so much trouble. Now after one use my hair feels gunky. I think it's the guar h. in it. Unfortunately if that is it, it's in a lot of other low-poos. I have used Renpure's coconut cream shampoo but IMO it feels just as stripping as sulfate. I'm really at a loss and I will be following this thread!

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• greencup13greencup13 Registered Users Posts: 596
    I find that sulfate free shampoos can be just as drying as a regular shampoo. IMO get a cheap clarifying shampoo. Be sure to deep condition after you clarify or use shampoo in general.

And that's what I was wondering if they're all like that. The fact I'm not used to shampoos and mostly cowash hmmmm
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Medium coarse texture

Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    They are for me. I only shampoo once a month. On that day, I deep condition with heat.
    Hey I just remembered there's a list of mild shampoos on the Sciencey Hair Blog!
    [url]Http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/p/product-list-by-category.html[/url]

PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

Go Red Wings!

• greencup13greencup13 Registered Users Posts: 596
    Thank you!!!
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Medium coarse texture

Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Thank YOU for reminding me! Haha.

Go Red Wings!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file