What can I use on my hair on a budget right less than $20.

misscandyapple7misscandyapple7 Registered Users Posts: 5
Hi guys I wanted to know what can I buy for my hair 3B or C hair that I can find cheap because I am on a budget. Thanks for helping me.
😁

Comments

• rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,355 Curl Connoisseur
    do a search for drugstore brands, or words like that. there are so many threads on this, should come up with something.
    the only product i rarely use is LA gel, which is like $3 for a giant bottle.
    do you mean each product less than $20? because there are many quality products that can be bought at aveyou.com for either 15% off on purchases $50 and over (FIVE), and $25 off purchase of $100 and over (AYFALL25). shipping is $5 flat for $49 and under, $1 for $50 and above. it's how i manage to buy my products.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    If your hair is OK with protein you can get a gallon of Cure Care at Sally's. They also have some good products like the Biolage Knock off Generic Value Conditioning balm which people seem to love. Lots of Suave Naturals conditioners and a couple V05 ones. LA Gels are popular though I like the Volumax Mega at Sally's. Set Me Up gel is similar at grocery stores. Those have hard hold but scrunch out soft. I think the Set me Up does not have protein. Tresseme Radiant Volume is good cheap conditioner. And of course there is always making your own Flax Seed gel (lots of youtube vids out there) that is probably the cheapest way to go. Or your own Okra gel. (Some say that is more moisturizing.) What are you currently using?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    Suave Naturals Conditioner (less than $2 a bottle)
    La Bella or L.A. Looks gel ($2-3 per bottle)

If you just co-wash & apply gel, there's your curly hair routine for less than five bucks.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• mustangbunnymustangbunny Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    I second the v05 conditioners. I can only use the tea therapy ones because the others have protein. I just got some at Rite Aid for .89 cents on sale. It's honestly a holy grail conditioner for me. I love Giovanni stuff, too, which is a little more than v05 but under $20 for sure. Particularly the gel and their leave in.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• FlemishCurvesFlemishCurves Registered Users Posts: 52
    You could always try making your own flaxseed gel? That's definitely very cheap. I started doing that but it got a bit bothersome when I started travelling more. I'm thinking about doing it again, though.
    3A/3B Corkicelli

What a hairdresser once said 'behind my back': Her curls are like owning a Ferrari but not knowing how to drive it.

What I should have answered: Me letting you cut my hair is like owning a Ferrari but letting a 15-year-old who takes autoshop do the maintenance.
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    I cowash with tresemme naturals condition or Suave tropical coconut. I use la looks wet look gel. I've used the sport gel, but didn't like it. Never could get a gel cast with the sport gel.
  • lunacaelumlunacaelum Registered Users Posts: 10
    I like the LA looks wet gel look, my hair loves the stuff!

The VO5 or suave conditioners are also cheap, I used to buy them for $0.50 a bottle in college. My hair doesn't seem to like the stuff very much anymore unfortunately. Each one is different so it might take some trial and error to find one that your hair responds well to.
  • testimony777testimony777 Registered Users Posts: 237 Curl Connoisseur
    I have great results with Shea Moisture products. You have to experiment with the different lines but if you can find one that works for you you are golden. I also like Giovanni Direct Leave In (you can use it as an all in one leave-in/styler).

I agree with rbb though if you do a search you will find tons of products. We curlies have so many choices now and most things can be found at your local target or drugstore :)
    Hair Stats (CG since 3/31/12)
    Type: 3c/b; Density: M; Texture: F-M; Porosity: L-N

Products
    Cleanser: DevaCurl Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: DevaCurl Original One Condition
    Leave-in: DevaCurl B'Leave-in
    Stylers: DevaCurl Volumizing Frizz Free Foam, DevaCurl Beautiful Mess, DevaCurl Flexible Hold Hairspray
    Refresher: DevaCurl No Comb Detangling Spray
    Finisher: DevaCurl Shine Spray

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file