CNPF protein spray - ratios?

wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
I'm wondering if anyone has made a simple protein-spray with Colorful Neutral Protein Filler... what was your ratio of water to CNPF?

Some of my stylers don't have protein (like UFD CM) and I'd like a protein spray to spray on underneath the styler.
2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
:angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646

Comments

• BeinDebBeinDeb Registered Users Posts: 583 Curl Connoisseur
    I've never made a protein spray per say, but I do use and make a flax seed spray with CNPF that I use underneath a hard hold gel. I soak the flax seeds in very hot water (almost boiling) and let it sit overnight - I also stir it up a few times. I then strain it, which results in about a cup of FS "juice." To that I add approximately 2 tsp. of CNPF, as well as a couple drops of lavender essential oil and vitamin E oil. This works very well on my protein starved hair (I'm naturally porous). Using this was a rather "duh-hey" moment for me. As my hair is so highly porous, gelling the flax seeds isn't necessary as my hair just sucks up whatever you put on it anyway.
  • CurlyInTheFogCurlyInTheFog Registered Users Posts: 876
    I use it full-strength, but on soaking wet hair. I think you could use it in a pretty high ratio if your hair likes a lot of protein.
    3a/b, F, normal porosity

Suave conditioner, LAL gel
  • wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
    Thanks! I'll be liberal with it then.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

• chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    How did that work for you Wavy Daze?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
    Not to interrupt, but I just tried it full strength on damp hair yesterday and liked it.
  • wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
    Haven't tried it yet! Will update when I do! :)

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

• OnduleeOndulee Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Curl Connoisseur
    my favourite way to use CNPF is to add about 1 ounce to my Curl Keeper. so its about a 7:1 ratio of 7 ounces CK and 1 ounce of CNPF.

I use this mix overtop of a bit of AG Re:Coil and this is my favourite styler product line up. I kept coming back to Re:coil and CK and then had the brilliant idea of adding CNPF to my CK and perfect curls were born for me! I can get 4 and sometimes 5 days of really good curls and by then its time to wash again anyway. I pineapple at night with a satin scrunchie and that's it. I've really simplified my routine and products and have never really had better hair than in the last 6-8 months.

I will also refresh with my Q redew a few times a month if needed.
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file