Help with type!

holacanditaholacandita Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi Everyone, new here and wanted some opinions on my type. I'm only 1 week into curly girl and loving it so far.

I have been using No Poo pretty much daily because I tend to get oily roots. I then have been using Big Sexy Hair conditioner (because it's what I have in the house and need to use it up, but it does not have Silicones so I think it's CG approved) and the Squish 2 condish method. Then I have been using Devacare Arc AnGel on my soaking wet hair and scrunching with a Norwex microfiber hair turban or t-shirt and plopping for at least 15 minutes, then air drying.

The first couple days I was seeing some good clumping when wet, but I'm fighting frizz now. I have three pics, one wet, one dry and one second day hair... any recommendations?

I have fine hair, medium-dense. I'm not sure of the porosity, it is probably a mix of high and low since I have highlights.

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi Everyone, new here and wanted some opinions on my type. I'm only 1 week into curly girl and loving it so far.

I have been using No Poo pretty much daily because I tend to get oily roots. I then have been using Big Sexy Hair conditioner (because it's what I have in the house and need to use it up, but it does not have Silicones so I think it's CG approved) and the Squish 2 condish method. Then I have been using Devacare Arc AnGel on my soaking wet hair and scrunching with a Norwex microfiber hair turban or t-shirt and plopping for at least 15 minutes, then air drying.

The first couple days I was seeing some good clumping when wet, but I'm fighting frizz now. I have three pics, one wet, one dry and one second day hair... any recommendations?

I have fine hair, medium-dense. I'm not sure of the porosity, it is probably a mix of high and low since I have highlights.

Hey it's looking good! I need to use something under the AA, like a heavier leave in at least or a curl cream or mousse. I like things like Camille Rose Love Moisture Milk or Whipped Aloe Butter Gel or CurlMaker. You could also try sealing after your conditioner leave in with a light oil like jojoba, argan, grape seed. Something like that. THEN try the AA over that. It could well be that that conditioner just isn't the best for you or is causing issues. ALSO, some wavies need to use like a diluted sulfate once a week or so to really get any deposits or build up off. I do. I mix about 2 tsp of sulfate wash with 1/2 cup water and wash with it. So, you might try that next wash. Especially if you do have more oil, low poo might be ok for between washes but you might need a little stronger wash now and again.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

ALso, if you click on my youtube link, take a look at the "MAP" technique video. Squeezing down the clumps before scrunching like I show can help press potential frizz into the clump so it stays better.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • holacanditaholacandita Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thanks, I'm excited to keep trying things! I'm actually running to the store after work to get a LI conditioner because I definitely think that's something I'm missing. I have had good luck using TJ Tea Tree Shampoo, so I think I will add that into my rotation as well instead of just no-poo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file